Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Destiny

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Sep 09, 2014

Shoot your way across the solar system to level up and collect new loot in this multiplayer-focused first-person shooter from Bungie and Activision.

Giantbomb Destiny Discord

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By Hestilllives19

Some of my clan have been asking if we had a Discord and so I created one to see if this community had any interest in using a tool like that. If that is the case here is the link below.

Giantbomb Destiny Discord

Feel free to sign up and use it. If you are unaware, Discord is a Audio/Text service built primarily for gamers to text and chat with each other while playing games. They have both desktop and cell phone apps to be connected through. The servers should hold up to 1,000 users or so I'm told so there should be plenty of room. That being said I've never personally used it so anyone with Discord experience would be greatly appreciated. If this is something you guys find useful let me know, otherwise I can take it down. I just know some of my Clan was asking for this specifically and I figured if we set one up it should be for everyone here at GB and not just us.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

Never used it. I'll check it out, but not sure how useful it will be. What's the benefit from this over using party chat?

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

@zevvion: So supposedly the audio quality is top notch. The other thing is it can hold more than 8 people at a time. Rarely has this been something that has been needed, up until private matches launched. When we were doing Private Matches we frequently have 8+ players in a group and had to use in game chat but couldn't talk outside of activities, and this would fix that I guess. Though I'm not sure how frequently a situation like that would come up. But the text features are pretty cool. I could see it as a way for people here to just jump in and talk about Destiny stuff without it being on a forum post. That might be the most useful aspect of it honestly. I do like the fact that up to 1,000 users can be on the server at a time and you can create separate rooms for them and send invites to those rooms individually. So in essence you can have a ton of people using the service but have a private room for your 6 guys, all functioning in tandem, just like separate Voice Chat parties. But like I said, I'm far from an expert. I know Discord is what every streamer uses because of the higher quality of audio, and a lot of big guilds/clans for other games use it because it makes contacting other players much easier. I just wanted to put this out there to see if this is something people had interest in using though. If it's not I can take it down, but if it is, just one more tool for this community to use to easily communicate and group with each other, something I'm all for.

craigieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I've joined. Been away from Destiny for a while and recently jumped back in, although I'm on a new character now and I want to go through all the story stuff as kind of a refresher and to get used to the game again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.