Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Destiny

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Sep 09, 2014

Shoot your way across the solar system to level up and collect new loot in this multiplayer-focused first-person shooter from Bungie and Activision.

Need help with exotic bounty

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

I'm doing the Thorn bounty.

I need to do a special variation of the Summoning Pits Strike. It's a level 26 Strike with Epic modifier active. I need to get to the final room, not kill the boss, but survive long enough for a special Wizard to appear. I read he should be on the third ship that sends in reinforcements. I need to kill that Wizard. After that I'm done. No need to kill the boss.

However, it is stupidly hard. There are tons of Hollowed Knights with shields that can only be damaged by Arc and tons of Wizards that can only be damaged by Solar. There is almost nowhere to hide. I tried helping someone with this bounty a couple of days ago and we failed. I tried to do it myself with two others just now and we also couldn't get far enough.

I really want that weapon though. Anyone here hate themselves enough to help me out with this?

amp_1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By amp_1986

@zevvion:

What system are you on? I have the same bounty on the PS4.
    If you're on PS4 add me and we can try.
    PSN: desertpandas

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amp_1986: Forgot to mention: PS4. Handle is Zevvion. I'll add you. I'm in Europe though. So I'm going to sleep right about now.

Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Also have the bounty and want to get it done. Level 28 gunslinger here. Playing on PS4 in the UK. I'll add both of you if you don't mind.

My friends don't have PS4s, so I'm looking for more people to play with really. If we get some people together I wouldn't mind doing harder versions of the weekly strike, or even trying the nightfall (it may be too hard, though I've heard there's some exploit for the boss fight).

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

I'm sorry, don't mean to derail this, but I thought your title said "need help with an exotic beauty" and boy howdy, did I come in here ready to whut this thing down.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I also need to do it. Level 28 titan. But I live in the US, and I am 8 hours behind you guys.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Zevvion

@sterling: That's not a problem. I play with some other US located people. Especially on the weekend it works and during the week it also works sometimes. What's your PSN?

@steve_c Mind? If you help with this that would be awesome. I am doing the harder versions of the Strike already with people. I do it multiple times every week though. I like helping people out as they help me out all the time as well.

@sparky_buzzsaw Well, this is the weapon in question:

No Caption Provided

I would say that does fall under the definition of 'exotic beauty' anyway.

twi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you guys still need help with it, i'm down to help: mbmsog - lvl 28 titan

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's fairly easy if you

1-clear the room before unchaining phogoth

2-when the boss wizard spawns, run outside 2 rooms back until the schreeker despawns. Hammer the enemies at the door until the shreeker respawns then go back until he despawns. Rinse and repeat until the wizard is dead

Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@zevvion: Excellent. Sounds good. When do you want to do this then? I'm free any time this evening if you want to get it done today.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

You and I are having trouble with the same exact bounty. I wish you were on the 360, I would of loved to help.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@zevvion: I'll send you a friend request here in a few minutes. If you want to do this today/tonight I'll probably be around.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I managed to get mine already. I'm still down for helping you guys out though. Just send me a message on PSN when I'm online.

Dragon_Puncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Read this as "exotic booty"

I was SO ready to help.

Funkupotamous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Funkupotamous

I haven't been able to get any of my friends to help me out with this strike and it seems just barely too hard to solo at 27.

I'm on PS4: Funkupotamous

Edit: I did not know about the knight and wizard resistances. I may be able to solo this after all with a couple of weapon swaps.

Funkupotamous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Funkupotamous

A big thanks to the duders who did the challenge with me yesterday. Trust me, you are going to need help.

Deathdealer108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I need to do the same exact bounty. I'm a level 28 warlock and tried it solo. Didn't work... I am on Xbox 360. I do have the Ice Breaker sniper rifle which might come in handy. If anyone wants to go for this shoot me a msg. GT: Deathdealer108.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you guys know what happens when you get the same set of exotic bounties 3 times? Can you get it again? I've got the thorn set 3 times and didn't get the other one once.

CByrne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gahh!!!!! I've completed 4 other exotic bounties while still trying to get thorn. The 50 kills with void damage in PvP is impossible for me... I've been hovering at 150 points out of 500 for 3 weeks now. I did Invection twice and Pocket infinity in a couple hours after getting them.

@pyrodactyl Yeah, I've completed the the Invection one twice now, I broke down the second one to get that ascendant energy

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbyrne said:

Gahh!!!!! I've completed 4 other exotic bounties while still trying to get thorn. The 50 kills with void damage in PvP is impossible for me... I've been hovering at 150 points out of 500 for 3 weeks now. I did Invection twice and Pocket infinity in a couple hours after getting them.

@pyrodactyl Yeah, I've completed the the Invection one twice now, I broke down the second one to get that ascendant energy

Not sure how useful that ascendant energy really is when I got like 38 already and will get more with all those raid runs.

As for the thorn thing, I really didn't have any trouble with it. Find the secondary weapon you're most comfortable with, get it with void damage, only use that weapon and your class abilities if you've got a void class, play control, camp those heavy weapon spawns when they announce it, equip a void heavy machine gun and try to stay alive/play it safe.

Funkupotamous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbyrne said:

I had the best luck with a sniper rifle/rocket launcher combo. Sadly hunter does not have a void damage subclass so it took a bit longer than I'd hoped.

mowgers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By mowgers

I created a thread about this but I guess I should've posted in here first... Mowgers on PS4, EU. Lvl 28 Hunter. I need help with the last part of the bounty too. PM me or add me on PSN.

ickylamb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wanted to check in this thread to see if anybody is looking to do this bounty on xbox one. I have the bounty and am looking for help. The tag is ickylamb

Thanks

AsherV20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I've been sitting on the last stage of the thorn bounty for a week now. Anyone on PS4 interested in running that strike with me tonight?

Send me a FR: AsherV20

bugbarbecue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ickylamb: i'll add you if you're still doing it, there's 2 of us who still need it

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Found a new exploit last night while helping someone else get it. If anyone wants help add me and just send me a message.

ragnarok7038

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And now the crazy slow leveling to make Thorn useful begins...

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
    insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@ragnarok7038: That won't happen until they patch Thorn to make it more useful. It's still good in the Crucible but not that good in PvE. I have Thorn fully maxed out and the coolest thing about the weapon is that it can hit up to 2 enemies per bullet if you line them up right.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.