Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Destiny

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Sep 09, 2014

Shoot your way across the solar system to level up and collect new loot in this multiplayer-focused first-person shooter from Bungie and Activision.

PSA Iron Banner appears to be dropping "The Distant Star" very liberally this week.

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By OldManLight

Quick PSA for anyone who maintains even a casual interest in Destiny, The Distant Star is one of those rare scout rifles in the same family as the MIDA Multi Tool in terms of impact and rate of fire but with the benefit of this being a purple legendary type so you can still equip an exotic in a different slot still and you can get some really good rolls. Mine is below and i got it on my 3rd Iron Banner match. I've seen them drop for one person almost every 2-3 matches plus rank 5 in iron banner has a near perfect roll. The bounties are definitely doable if you can clock 10-20 matches of iron banner over the next week (maybe even less if you're good) and turn them in on sunday or monday to get the full rep boost to buy your Scout Rifle outright (for 50 legendary marks, which you also should get easily just by turning in bounties)

if you want to know how much rep you need i recommend http://www.ironbanner.info/

You just type your PSN ID or Xbox gamertag and it will tell you what your rank will be if you turn in bounties on certain days and how many games you'll need to hit the max rank (rank 5).

Good Luck duders.

No Caption Provided

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 28

Played 20 matches and didn't get a single one. It's all RNG.

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By OldManLight

@legend: at least you're probably almost done with your weekly bounties ;) I wish you good luck if you keep trying. at least the rank 5 one is really good. maybe pop a 3 of coins?

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 28

@oldmanlight: Yup finished all the bounties. Have all exotics and I'm level 400 already so not using ToC much right now.

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By Hestilllives19

@legend: Like always it's RNG, but the Rank 5 Distant Star is pretty amazing. Set it to Hand Laid Stock, Full-Auto, and Hidden Hand and you have a beast of a weapon that fires like an auto Rifle for ease of use. Kills in 0.9 seconds only requiring 3/4 Crits and a massive Crit spot due to Hidden Hand. It's a pretty sweet gun. Keep in mind you will get killed by a perfect Clever Dragon 3 burst that kills in 0.8 seconds but that requires 8/9 Crits which is pretty hard to do. But you should have Range on those guns so use that to your advantage. Likely this, Clever Dragon, Palindrome/Eyseluna, and The Last Word are the only things you will see in Crucible right now. Nothing else is really all that competitive. Maybe the occasional Low-Mid Impact Pulse like Hawksaw or Blind Perdition.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

Nothing will be as good as that vendor roll. Hand Laid Stock, Full Auto and Hidden Hand in PvP? Murderous. Firefly versatility for PvE as well. Just get to Rank 5 and get that thing from the vendor. No drop will be better than it.

It also helps that they loosened up skill based match making since yesterday. I went from a 1.3 average, to pretty consistently hitting 2.0/3.0. Never had more fun with Crucible. Also, I'm starting to realize I like Rift a whole lot better as an objective based mode than Control. It seemed pretty shit when it launched last year, but people have gotten a lot smarter about when to pick up the Spark (and when not to) and how to support their Runner. I'm having a blast and will continue playing Rift after this event is done.

madpierrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I've played soooooo much Destiny. Until a few months ago I was regularly playing the multiplayer pretty much everyday. But since it's literally just 9 other people running around with a shotgun, blinking all over the map and has been for months I haven't touched it. I know multiplayer games have metas and trends, but I've never seen any game come close to Destiny for everyone jumping on the bandwagon of 1 play style and that play style being the only way to play. It's just so frustrating. It was nice when 99.9% of the community stop using Mida, but now all those people are just using a shotgun and when they are out of ammo they switch to their pulse rifle. It's just so frustrating and boring.

Destiny multiplayyer, I love you so much. You're my favorite FPS multiplayer, but please, I beg you, have variety. I know Destiny doesn't have much to begin with since there are so few classes of guns really, but man... I just wish it wasn't so one dimensional. This coming from someone who has played hundreds of hours of Destiny.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Zevvion

@madpierrot: That's not really accurate of the current meta. There is more variety than that. It's Clever Dragon, Eyasluna/Palindrome, The Lingering Song, Last Word and possibly The Distant Star now too. Most people use shotguns for sure, but there is also a fair amount of Fusion Rifles now and some people still perform well with a sniper.

Blink is also a pretty old complaint that has been addressed a year ago. It's not powerful at all anymore. The newest shotgun aggravation is Juggernaut Shields.

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Hestilllives19

@zevvion: I mean, he's not really wrong about anything other than Blink. Though I did run into 3 Blinking Vow's Bladedancers in Trials over the weekend and that was just awful. You don't even actually need to be good for that playstyle, just blink throw grenade, teammate toss another grenade across map in your general direction = kill. Until yesterday after the matchmaking changes (I love it so far by the way) I hadn't seen a serious fusion rifle player in months or someone using The Lingering Song. I saw both a few times yesterday. It's still mostly God Rolled Clever Dragon's from last month's Iron Banner, vendor Palindrome's, old vendor Hawksaw's, God Rolled Eyasluna's, and The Last Words. 85% of people are always using a Shotgun, and for good reason. Personally I've had to learn to get good at Shotgun because most of the Trials players I play with are Snipers as well, and right now having more than 1 Sniper on any map is putting your team at a disadvantage, even last week on Widow's Court (one of the most Sniper friendly maps there is). In 6's like Iron Banner, I, someone who is a well above average Sniper cannot Snipe anymore. The flinch change has made it impossible. I may get 3-4 Snipes per game, each of which belong in a highlight reel because the only way I got them is by an amazing Quickscope before the other player could hit me with 1 bullet from any gun, at any distance, which in 6's is actually impossible if you are fully scoped in more than 0.1 seconds. Compare that to the 10-15 Shotgun kills I can easily rack up, and the fact that I'm now not entirely vulnerable in that awful under 25m range where if they close I'm already dead with nothing I can do, Shotgunning is just the only real viable way to play right now.

And I agree with @madpierrot, that really disgusts me. It's why this game isn't very fun to play right now. Clever Dragon/Matador is the only really solid playstyle that covers every range and doesn't really have holes, at least not on any non vehicle maps. If they don't entirely surprise us with a Weapon/Class balance on Monday/Tuesday I will be very sad, because as it stands, Destiny has been in a very sour place for me PvP wise since Rise of Iron and I'm kind of sick of it. With the changes to matchmaking yesterday I may mess around with a Voop build for Iron Banner with my straight nasty Saladin's Vigil (Braced, Snap, Rangefinder) though. I've messed around with it in customs and it just slays since it hits for 50 per bolt due to barrel upgrades, and has a faster fire rate than the old Hitchhiker I used before. To be honest though, Destiny PvP being in an awful place is kind of good, at least for me. I have like 6 other games I want to play right now, and this free's me to go finish them up.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hestilllives19: Perhaps it's because I'm using Last Word all the time, but I find whenever I die to a shotgun I usually have some blame (or my Last Word is empty which happens real quick). I don't die 85% of the time to shotguns. It's usually team shots to be honest. As for The Lingering Song, you'll see a lot more of it when it becomes a vendor roll in Iron Banner. Trust me, that weapon is fantastic. It's like Ill Will, except it's actually good. I have a Hammerforged/Quickdraw/Luck in the Chamber roll that is murderous.

But yeah, going up against a stacked team of shotgunners will ruin your day. I'm starting to switch to No Land Beyond/Matador when that happens, depending on the team I'm in. If both others are avid shotgunners I stick to Last Word/Longbow.

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Hestilllives19

@zevvion: I have had to pretty much switch from The Last Word to Clever Dragon when Sniping. It works better for countering other Snipers and has a much more consistant TTK than TLW. TLW misses a solid 40% of it's shots right now with the way Ghost Bullets work and you can never engage more than 1 person since it take 6-7 bullets to kill 1 person due to Ghosting. Which stinks as TLW should only be a 3-4 shot kill in theory. I love my Hawkmoon, and if they ever fix Ghost Bullets it would go back to my go to Primary, but it is completely unusable right now. Don't get me wrong, if Snipers weren't in as rough of shape as they are, and High Caliber Rounds didn't flinch other Primaries so much, I would still use TLW while Sniping as well when I have access to Quickdraw like Bladedancer or Ophidian Aspects on Warlock. But I prefer Sunbreaker and Gunslinger and those work better with Pulses or Mid Impact HC's like Palindrome, at least in my opinion. Palindrome and throwing knives are like PB and J for me. They just go together so well and don't taste as good separated.

Also, the Lingering Song archetype is awful right now. Too small of mag size, and way to slow of fire rate. If it had a possibility to 2 shot low armor, sure, but right now those guns just aren't viable as they take at least 1.0 second to kill and still require 1/3 Crits. Compare that to Palindrome archetype that does the same in 0.87.

Side Note: I did totally outgun Luminosity48 in Trials a few weeks ago in a 1v1 because I was using The Last Word when he was bragging to his chat how he was about to Warrior me. It was kind of awesome.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hestilllives19: Stats don't necessarily make the gun. Not everyone kills in the optimal ttk. The Lingering Song has been working very well for me. The low mag size is not really an issue as it has enough bullets to kill 3 people. Can't say the same for The Last Word for instance, which I still prefer. Yeah, there are moments when I get outshot by Clever Dragon even in close range, which is ridiculous. But mostly, I'm pretty competent with Last Word. I really enjoy that weapon and perform pretty well with it.

I've killed Luminosity before, though not in Trials. Back when matchmaking was still more skill based, I actually faced a fair amount of streamers. You know, because my 1.2 all time high K/D obviously means I am in the same league as them. Dumb game. I am positive it took playtime into account as well, because otherwise I don't see how it could think I am so much better than I actually am.

aktivity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@hestilllives19: You can still two tap low armor players with the Lingering Song, especially with the LitC perk. Which is why you'll find some people who like the gun with magazine reduction perks.
    These days I play with a decent rolled Clever Dragon+Trespasser. That sidearm is so good for killing shotgun warriors.

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Hestilllives19

@aktivity: Almost nobody runs Armor under 3, it's actually impossible on a Titan, and very hard on a Warlock. That's 190 health, just like nobody gets killed by Tripmines anymore. Why run Lingering Song with LITC when you could run a Mid Impact HC with LITC, same shots to kill, 2, and a faster fire rate. For reference, Hawkmoon can still easily 2 shot when a Lucky Round proc's, but just like The Last Word, the gun is incredible unreliable due to Ghost Bullets.

@zevvion: Speaking of Ghost Bullets and The Last Word, there isn't really a way to be competent with The Last Word at the moment since hits and misses are complete RNG. I feel like I'm a pretty solid TLW user as well, but since each gunfight is flipping a coin whether the RNG will be on your side or not right now, it's just too hard for me to use. Also, since High Caliber Rounds are flinching Primaries right now, it's hard to not be using a HCR gun to counter this. Which is why I use my HH, HCR, Braced Clever Dragon most often right now. Though I would prefer a Counterbalance, Perfect Balance, HCR roll, but I didn't get that lucky last Iron Banner. The 24 mag size kills me.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By mordukai

@zevvion: Rift is fine but too inconsistent for me to truly enjoy it. It's great sometimes and terrible the next.

1. It's an extremely team heavy game mode. If you get a fire team of friends who communicate then no problem. You go in with randoms, good luck. It's not like randoms don't know what to do, they just don't care. They are in for the easy K/D Ratio.
    2. The sawn point is more or less the same so a lot of times the other team's strategy is ignite the rift a couple of times then just spawn camp. I get it a viable strategy but it turns the game into a shit bowl.
    3. If, somehow, both teams are evenly matched than it just turns the game into a Supremacy game around a single point on the map.

Personally, I am having more fun on Zone Control. Not like that mode has it's flaws but for me the flow of match help elevate some of the issues with that mode.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Zevvion

@hestilllives19: True, but I think you're selling it short. Yes, there will be times where I empty my clip on a guy point blank and only 2 shots register, then I get killed. That sucks. But that doesn't seem to happen that much. I do well with it consistently. Went flawless with it this week. I saved this video where we made a comeback from being down 4-1. In there, there is only one occurance where you can see my Last Word failing on me and I get sniped as a result. I realize one moment can make all the difference, but I like this weapon too much in the vast majority of instances to put it down.

Loading Video...

@mordukai I like the idea of Zone Control, but I enjoy being rewarded for murder too much to have it be my go to mode. As for Rift, yeah, you should play in a fireteam. You don't necessarily need a full one though. 3 people is good enough.

aktivity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@hestilllives19: I'm not saying it's the best choice, merely that it can get the job done. Especially in Iron Banner where you can get match-ups with lower light players. I was getting a lot of two taps there.
    At first the low fire rate makes you want to trash the gun, but I found it to work surprisingly well for me once I took my time with it. The low fire rate forces you to land those crits. And sometimes you just want a fun gun, instead of playing the meta.

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zevvion: Why are you pushing B most of that game? You guys had the better spawn. Push caves and watch your flank from B. You should have made them push up into you, instead of the other way around. It lost you several rounds. That Slam saved you after you pushed that hardscope in Round 8.. You had some nice Snipes, but you are forcing them a bit down obvious lanes. I have the same bad habit at times too, especially when I think I'm better than the players we are going against. But caution and picking smart angles are by far the most important part of Sniping now with the increased flinch. That and always being close enough to cover in case someone gets the drop on you with a primary. Nice comeback though.

As far as The Last Word, you have 1-2 Ghosts every time you used it in that clip, it's why you finished with 2 or less rounds on every engagement, and several you had to waste 4-5 rounds to get two body shots. Some of your shots were missing too, but a lot of those should have been hits. It's still a beast in 1v1's, but it's terrible at 1v2 or 1v3's since you run out of ammo instantly and even with HC reloaders people can kill you before you even reload it. That's why I think Clever Dragon is a better gun right now. More consistent, engage more opponents, barely slower TTK and still faster than anything but TLW, and better range. Plus HCR's make Sniping impossible so I just push other Snipers with it instead of counter Sniping most of the time now. It also flinches other Primaries currently so if you land the first burst you will usually win the engagement, unless you are being teamshot.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Zevvion

@hestilllives19: If you mean the caves to the right side, that didn't work well for us in other matches. You play the strategy you're best at with the team you're in. You can't play the same in each team. It's unfortunate I didn't save the chat audio, because we clearly had a plan this entire game, especially from the comeback forth. That smash was planned before the round even started. Me engaging in that lane was communicated before I did, CIROC set up for a smash before I was dead and I told him exactly when to charge in and Alex to revive me.

As for sniper lanes, I remember you telling me that a year back. Truth is, I win sniper duals in lanes 85% of the time. You can argue that 15% isn't worth it, but then you might as well not compete because you're not going to get more than 85% chance in gunfights very often. Every once in a while there is a dude that just has my number, and then I'll stop seeking them out pretty quick. In this particular case I hadn't seen that hide spot before. I had no idea there could be a sniper hidden there. If you can tell, I didn't even see his healthbar/name until pretty much the second I'm already dead. I watched out for that particular spot for the rest of the matches. But yeah, hardscoping is a vice of mine I somehow don't quite let go (though I also don't look at the same direction for half a minute like some do). I'm actually better at quick scopes, which you can't really tell from this particular match. It's just that when some snipe god comes along, my quick scopes aren't as quick as his and it tends to make you resort to hardscoping. I need to remind myself sometimes I'm OK and not every opponent is a master sniper. Overestimation is bad too.

But yeah, we're well aware encamping when you get Bravo spawn gives you an advantage. But I honestly don't like to play like that for too long. I/we enjoy pushing for the kill a bit more. It can indeed cost us, but is also much more satisfying to get a win that way. Also, tactics only get you so far to be honest. We had these streamers go up against us in a few, the 2.4+/3.1ish kind, and they were just pushing extremely carelessly, but they were super effective with teamshots. I was never killed by one person and rarely by two. The team-pulse push is my kryptonite. I hate that shit. We actually got a round on them when we managed to separate them and completely demolished them in 1v1. That was Last Word too. Ghost Bullets or no, you have to respect that thing or it will kill you.

I also realize now that this is actually the wrong match. It turns out I didn't save the match of the moment I was talking about. Got mixed up.

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zevvion: Yeah, The Last Word in 1v1's, even with Ghost's, is a terror still, no doubt. My problem with it is the lack of the ability to engage more than 1 opponent at a time, which happens all too frequently in Trials.

I agree about playing passively, we only play passive against teams a lot better than us, those 2,000 Elo stacked teams with 2.0-3.0 K/D's in Trials. But we we tended to push out from caves because that gives you a better angle on their spawn and more room to move from A. That spot you got hit from actually has a better view from the other side though, I clipped a ton of people from that exact spot he hit you from. Use the rock to the left of that and you have clear line of sight to anyone pushing caves, peak that room and anyone scoping from the top on the round platform and then slide across to caves, as all the way across has several angles, all of which can see that spot perfectly and with head glitches. If you push left push all the way to B, check and then push behind to their spawn from that pillar. Going through the cave between special and heavy is a deathtrap with multiple headglitches on their end. On the C side we found that we could watch that middle room with the statue that is the big Snipe lane for a second to see what they would do, then push all the way around B to A spawn, that gives them the worst angles on you and puts them out in the open if they want to engage you.

Yeah, the triple shotgun Pulse push was our kryptonite too. I started just switching to CD Matador in those games to counter and slow the other team down. But those were generally the 2,000 Elo stacked teams that beat us this weekend. The biggest thing killing Trials this weekend was only 273k people playing. That's the worst numbers in the history of Trials. 6 weeks ago and the first 5 weeks or so of Trials it was great, there were 3-4 times that amount of players. It's why half our matches were against 1-2 top 1,000 players with 2,000+ Elo. Consequently we only got one Lighthouse in, and in that run we upset 3 teams with top 1,000 players, one had a top 200, top 500, and top 800 player. The other runs ended at 8-1, losing to good teams, except my first run of the week, which was a disaster at 3-4. Needless to say I pretty much done with Crucible and Trials until we get a balance update, I kind of hate Destiny in the state it's in right now. And obviously the vast majority of Trials players agree with me according to those abysmal numbers.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hestilllives19: You said that last week, and the week before that. Next weekend you will play. Trials at its worst is still better than anything else as PvP shooting goes.

For us it was a little bit odd. We faced stacked teams to 5 wins, then we had two OK games, then one more stacked team and then two pretty terrible teams. Our flawless match was against a 1.1, 0.7 and 0.9 or something like that. Which was odd because it found a match within 3 seconds. Like it didn't even try to search for another flawless team.

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Hestilllives19

@zevvion: To be fair, I've only got 3 Flawless on Widow's Court and only played 1 card on each character to finish bounties each week for the past month or so. I'm somehow fine with only 1 Flawless each week, which is a far cry from how it was before. In other words my 30 games or so is a huge downturn from playing 150+ matches each weekend I played previously, and playing a lot during the week. Though I do miss helping friends to the Lighthouse after my cards were finished, was just about my favorite part of Trials. I do need to finish Iron Banner tonight, I'm at like Rank 3 with 2,000 of 2,400 done so almost rank 4. Just want that vendor Scout. But I doubt I'll play Trials tonight. Getting into FFXV pretty heavily which is odd because I've hated every other FF game until XV.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hestilllives19: FFXV is the best Final Fantasy game since X.

By the way, I don't think I've ever gotten flawless with you have I? There's something about me/you that makes it not work when we team up. Possibly different playstyles or maybe just bad luck. We should try to go to the Lighthouse. Get out of our comfort zone.

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zevvion: Honestly I don't think we have, we almost always end 8-1. I find it really hard to play with other good Snipers right now though so I've been trying to get better as a Shotgun player since all of my friends seem to be talented Snipers. Even if I only feel like a couple of those friends are better Snipers than me, they are much less willing to Shotgun, which ends up with us going 3 Snipers and getting run over by Shotguns all card. Its been easier on both Widows Court and this week on Shores of Time to run 2 Snipers as those are both Sniper heavy maps since they have more open areas, but it was terrible on maps like Asylum a few weeks ago. We still found the most success this week with 2 Shotguns and 1 good Sniper. But I definitely feel like I'm in a weird place because I'm easily a top 1% Sniper, whereas my Shotgun game is like around top 10%, so while I can demolish early card games, I get outplayed a lot with a Shotgun in games 7, 8, and 9, but the team chemistry is better and just having a Shotgun equipped keeps teams from just rushing us to death.

Yeah, I'm loving FFXV. I can't stand turn based RPG's, so this one going action based was a big deal for me. I can't stand Wait Mode and turned it off quickly after trying it out. Also, I think Chocobo's might be the best vehicles in any game I've ever played. I think a smile comes on my face every time I summon one and jump on. The music that plays when you ride them is pretty fantastic and fitting as well.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hestilllives19: Chocobos kind of have been in every FF game. They more or less work the same in FFXV as they did before. Also, mine is green. So yeah.

As for Trials, I switch to a scout/matador when we face a stacked team of shotgunners. My shotgun game is pretty bad though. I probably have less shotgun kills total than people who have been playing Crucible for one week. But I often just shadow my friend's draft and clean up his carnage since he's pretty badass with one. I actually started using The Distant Star in Trials and that thing is pretty damn good. It's a scout that actually beats Clever Dragon in long range. Just long range though.

jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Last IB I got a Distant Star that fires in full auto and has hidden hand, which is super nice. It's now my go-to scout rifle.

I also got a Clever Dragon with armor piercing rounds, hammer forged and head seeker, which is also super nice.

I think the newer IB weapons have been pretty great across the board, and I've been getting pretty awesome rolls, especially the primaries. I have tried to use the sidearm, but I still love my Telesto too much. I hate hate hate using shotguns, even if it is the meta, so I usually use fusions in pve and pvp. And there's nothing better than snap-crackle-poppin' people to death in pvp, imo. :)

But I consider myself a kind of shit pvper anyway. I have a 1 k/d lifetime at the moment which took me a while to get to and I consider that a huge accomplishment. :D

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jadegl: Yeah, I want the Distant Star from this Iron Banner badly, just need to hit Rank 5 tonight. As far as the Clever Dragon goes, that roll is actually pretty poor, which says a lot about how solid Clever Dragon is no matter the roll. I had a Counterbalance, Hammer Forged, and Lightweight roll which was equally bad and thought that thing was amazing until I got Hidden Hand, Braced Frame, High Caliber Rounds roll last Iron Banner. Wow, the difference between the two. And mine even pales in comparison to a Counterbalance, Perfect Balance, High Caliber Rounds roll, the God Roll of Clever Dragon.

Rise of Iron's Iron Banner guns are pretty solid across the board. Clever Dragon tops the list but is followed closely by both Distant Star and The Silvered Dread (machine gun). By the same token, the Trials and Raid guns this time were very solid as well. Blind Perdition, The Winged Word, Burning Eye, and Unraveling Thread are all solid guns that are darn near top tier in their uses. Ex Machina, Chaos Dogma, and the other Raid weapons are all either great or very solid situationally and or great if you don't have a better alternative for the Raid (Fever & Remedy HC).

That's one credit I will give Bungie, they did a much better job this time than they did during House of Wolves and The Taken King, as both of those dropped with pretty terrible guns overall, only leaving a few shining weapons to remember like Doctrine of Passing, Defiance of Yasmin, and Tomorrow's Answer (some people also loved The Messenger, though personally I never cared for it).

As far as Fusion go, becoming a Voop king is 100% an art form. I love using my Saladin's Vigil as it only requires 4 bolts to kill, but until last Wednesday it was just impossible to even think about pulling out a Fusion Rifle in my Matchmaking and win/kill people. Maybe I will pull it out if I ever decide to grind for a better Matador than my Full-Auto one. But props for being a Vooper, that takes mad situational awareness to do well.

jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@hestilllives19: Yeah I bet if I got a better Clever Dragon roll, I could tell the difference. It's just such a good gun base that everything else seems like gravy. Of course, that's until you get a god roll! :D

I had one other plasma rifle that I really liked, and that was a FWC gun called The Waltz. It had every reload perk on it, glass half full, outlaw and flared magwell I believe, so I ended up being able to reload so fast it was almost like I wasn't even stopping. I miss that gun, but I outgrew it. Still, I really like a gun that has bonkers reload speed, especially in pve. Pvp it doesn't matter as much I admit, but it was so fun in pve.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.