Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Destiny

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Sep 09, 2014

Shoot your way across the solar system to level up and collect new loot in this multiplayer-focused first-person shooter from Bungie and Activision.

What do you guys/gals think of the PS3/360 version?

Stete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I played the beta on my PS3 and I really enjoyed it, so much so that I'm convinced that the game is still fun even when played on last gen hardware. Sure the PS4/XONE version looks much pettier, but I'm still wary for shelling out £350 for new consoles whose libraries are still lackluster.

Vahleticar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it looks great if you don't sit too close to the screen and I had a lot of fun playing it. I'm playing on 360. Yeah, there's kind of nothing on the new consoles right now

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#3 fisk0  Moderator

Well, the PS4 version doesn't seem to do anything that wouldn't have been possible on the last gen, other than the better shadow projections, so the PS3/360 versions will most likely be fine. I'll probably pick the PS3 version up unless a PC version gets announced before I have the time to grab that.

Saganomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it looks great if you don't sit too close to the screen and I had a lot of fun playing it. I'm playing on 360. Yeah, there's kind of nothing on the new consoles right now

Yeah, aside from looking a bit muddier the 360 version holds up really damn well. The game is an absolute blast either way; went from apathetic as hell to planning on a day one purchase over the course of an afternoon.

Stete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vahleticar said:

Yeah, aside from looking a bit muddier the 360 version holds up really damn well. The game is an absolute blast either way; went from apathetic as hell to planning on a day one purchase over the course of an afternoon.

Yep, on the same boat here as well, wasn't really interested until I played the beta.

SkipperSonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

About that PC version...

It has to come out right, ala GTA? They'd be crazy not to put out a port...probably a "Gold" edition with DLC.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

It looks blurry as shit, otherwise it's fine.

markies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks a little blurry but still pretty good! It also plays very smooth, i've had one instance where i experienced a lag spike in a story mission, the array one. Other than that, smooth sailing.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

I agree with everyone else that it is a bit blurry, but the performance (at least on ps3) has been really rock solid. The only crash I've gotten in the beta was during the opening cutscene otherwise the game has never hitched on me and the frame rate was all around great.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Looks really blurry compared to PS4/One, but it performs really good.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

About that PC version...

It has to come out right, ala GTA? They'd be crazy not to put out a port...probably a "Gold" edition with DLC.

Pretty sure that it's accepted at this point. The rumors are flying all over the place on it, somebody from Activision explicitly said that they're talking about it internally (they wouldn't have said that if they knew they weren't making it), and a Steam leak even pointed to March for a release. I'm optimistic about it, partially because that might be my only chance to play this. Although, I had no idea it was going to be on 360 and PS3.

SkipperSonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@hatking said:
    @skippersonne said:

About that PC version...

Pretty sure that it's accepted at this point. The rumors are flying all over the place on it, somebody from Activision explicitly said that they're talking about it internally (they wouldn't have said that if they knew they weren't making it), and a Steam leak even pointed to March for a release. I'm optimistic about it, partially because that might be my only chance to play this. Although, I had no idea it was going to be on 360 and PS3.

Good to know, though I figured that would be when I'd finally upgrade to another platform so it's a wash I guess.

You know what it all kind of hinges on? How NHL and WWE end up being on their Next Gen debuts. If they are worth it, I'll be on there. That's how it is out there, we talk about all these other games, but for me and lots of other gamers, it comes down to those generic annual games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.