Will Detroit have white tank top and panties?

Edited 2 years, 6 months ago

Poll: Will Detroit have white tank top and panties? (282 votes)

Yes. David Cage has mastered the art of white tank top and panties, he won't miss an opportunity to show it on a new console. 97%
No. David Cage is an artful human being who doesn't repeat himself. 3%

There has been multiple staples of questionable quality present as a common theme in every single Quantic Dream game and one of them is what I believe to be one of David Cage's fetishes artistic messages - the white tank top and panties. Here are some examples:

Omikron: The Nomad Soul
Omikron: The Nomad Soul
Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy
Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy
Heavy Rain
Heavy Rain

Beyond: Two Souls apparently was the first time Cage's rule of white underwear was broken, with Ellen Page's character wearing colored underwear and a t-shirt (haven't played Beyond, there might be an actual white tank top hidden in the game, could it be a secret easter egg?).

Beyond: Two Souls
Beyond: Two Souls

So what do you think? Will the white tank top and panties come back for Detroit: Become Human?

Bonus GIF from Fahrenheit — David Cage having fun time with Carla Valenti
Bonus GIF from Fahrenheit — David Cage having fun time with Carla Valenti

Full disclosure: nothing in this publication is supposed to be taken seriously and Fahrenheit is my favorite game from Quantic Dream, even with it's flaws.

#1 Posted by 1337W422102 (1205 posts) -

Even if they're not back in the traditional white-tank-top-and-panties sense, I'm sure there'll be some kind of equivalent (boyshorts and a car company t-shirt, etc.), like in Beyond.

#2 Posted by Demoskinos (17414 posts) -

Yes I'm sure Kara will be nude at some point.

#3 Edited by Slang_N_Bang (178 posts) -

I hope we get another really awful sex scene.

#4 Edited by SkullPanda1 (1591 posts) -

I'm sure it will be there, but when are we going to get beefcake?

#5 Edited by The_Tribunal (464 posts) -

I really love that we have an overly self-serious, completely unaware and incompetent buffoon directing a studio to make games. Its like the industry's own Adam Sandler.

#6 Edited by JohnyMyko (1589 posts) -
Loading Video...

I was going to include this video too, but the gif was more related to the theme of the post.

@demoskinos: And it's probably going to be on a shower scene.

@slang_n_bang: If Fahrenheit can have a sex scene with a zombie, I think Detroit can have a sex scene with a cyborg too. Let's hope so!

#7 Edited by BabyChooChoo (6941 posts) -

Did anyone watch the trailer? She's in a white bra and panties within the first 30 seconds or so lol. It's not a tank top, but it's close enough

#8 Edited by conmulligan (1821 posts) -
No Caption Provided

This is basically the android equivalent of a white tank top and panties, right?

#9 Posted by BoccKob (471 posts) -

Looks like I need to play some David Cage games!

#10 Posted by DonutFever (4051 posts) -

And miss out on the PS4's lifelike white tank top and panties physics?

#11 Edited by JohnyMyko (1589 posts) -

@conmulligan& @babychoochoo: If we examine Cage's rule of white underwear closely (starting at Fahrenheit) we can see that, in every game so far, the scenes happened on the character's own apartment, took place either before or after a shower and the top part of the clothing covered more than a bra. With this in mind, I don't know if that scene applies.

But if there's not a scene following Cage's rule of white underwear in the final version of Detroit, I'll accept that scene as close enough.

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
#12 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1710 posts) -

I wonder if we'll be treated to French voice actors doing American accents. Some parts in Heavy Rain still pop up in my mind when I think of stuff like that.

#13 Edited by sravankb (535 posts) -

I love how that trailer told me absolutely nothing about the gameplay.

I mean, I'm not gonna be surprised to see QTEs in there, but man... these games need some sort of good gameplay hook to grab me.

OT: Yeah, probably. Dude just seems obsessed with it.

#14 Posted by mlarrabee (3909 posts) -

I wonder if we'll be treated to French voice actors doing American accents. Some parts in Heavy Rain still pop up in my mind when I think of stuff like that.

What still comes back to me is Ryan Davis doing his imitation of the French VAs doing American accents.

#15 Posted by wjb (2053 posts) -

(cringes every time the word "panties" is used)

and yes, of course there will be a scene...

#16 Posted by JohnyMyko (1589 posts) -

@wjb said:

(cringes every time the word "panties" is used)

and yes, of course there will be a scene...

Sorry, English is not my native language. I was going to use "underwear", it's probably a better term, but wanted to make a clear distinction about what's being discussed. After all, we're talking about one of the key elements of a David Cage game!

#17 Posted by ripelivejam (12605 posts) -

@sravankb: it's a quantic dream game, so if you're looking for non-qte gameplay then keep looking...

#18 Posted by Jesus_Phish (3603 posts) -

@sravankb: The hook is seeing what that lunatic comes up with.

#19 Edited by MonkeyKing1969 (7076 posts) -

I'm sure there will be that motif.

#20 Posted by Corvak (1910 posts) -

push X to Kara

#21 Edited by AlisterCat (7934 posts) -

It was already in the trailer.

It's weird that robots are built with underwear on in the factory. Why do they have to inherit our incredibly stupid bashfulness about our bodies? Also I hate the word panties.

#22 Posted by Giant_Gamer (643 posts) -

Every artist have a signature, a minor detail that you see repeatedly in every work s/he produce. Looks like you have found David Cage's signature.

#23 Posted by dudeglove (13330 posts) -

David Cage is awful.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
#24 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (4128 posts) -

How dare you not take David Cage seriously. He is an artist. He is the Citizen Kane of video game narrative.

AN ARTIST

#25 Posted by SeanFoster (980 posts) -
Loading Video...

#26 Edited by HatKing (7410 posts) -

@johnymyko said:

@conmulligan& @babychoochoo: If we examine Cage's rule of white underwear closely (starting at Fahrenheit) we can see that, in every game so far, the scenes happened on the character's own apartment, took place either before or after a shower and the top part of the clothing covered more than a bra. With this in mind, I don't know if that scene applies.

But if there's not a scene following Cage's rule of white underwear in the final version of Detroit, I'll accept that scene as close enough.

As an android being built, isn't the act of being constructed and the facility it is being constructed in close enough to a shower and their own apartment?

#27 Posted by MindBullet (678 posts) -
#28 Posted by ZolRoyce (1761 posts) -

@seanfoster: One post into this thread and I was just waiting for that to get posted.

Maybe we'll get both at the same time! Think about the possibilities! French actors doing terrible American accents... in their panties!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.