Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Oct 22, 2013

The Director's Cut of Deus Ex: Human Revolution features redone boss battles, improved graphics, A.I. and combat, and all DLC released for the original game. The Wii U version makes use of the controller's screen to allow new features like map notes.

Screen tearing... I think?

MrHadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm just curious if anybody else has had this issue, but just before entering (and while inside) the hotel in chapter 7. The screen split/flashed into a snowy static several times. I'm not sure if this was the game or my television, as the second time it happened, one point the screen completely shut off and looked like it attempted pseudo input switch to the same input.

So does anybody know if it was disc or tv related?

Discoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's part of the game.

MrHadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@discoman: like metal gear intentional or bugs?

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Justin258

Are you talking about that one scene where that one thing happens where that one annoying guy tells you to go the LIMB clinic to get it fixed?

If so, do not go to the LIMB clinic. Your life will be easier later.

EDIT: OK, it's Pritchard. Pritchard tells you to go get a new biochip at the LIMB clinic because your vision messed up. Don't do that.

MrHadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@believer258: no, I walked through a door in china leading to the hotel after the screen loaded. I looked down at my phone for a minute, then noticed out of the corner of my eye the screen was flipping out. Only a fourth of the screen was actual game the rest was snowy static. It happened in really quick flashes. Pritchard hadn't said anything either, maybe it was just a crappy load going through the load screen.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@believer258: no, I walked through a door in china leading to the hotel after the screen loaded. I looked down at my phone for a minute, then noticed out of the corner of my eye the screen was flipping out. Only a fourth of the screen was actual game the rest was snowy static. It happened in really quick flashes. Pritchard hadn't said anything either, maybe it was just a crappy load going through the load screen.

Yep, that's the very thing I'm talking about. The game is supposed to be doing that.

MrHadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MrHadouken

@believer258: even in the menus screen? And how often does this happen?

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By crithon

is the effect like a kill screen in Deus Ex HR? Or is it happening on other interfaces enough to have you reboot your machine?

But yeah, at that point in the game there's a weird graphical effect telling you should upgrade your augments. And you should see other augmented people falling down on the ground also.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NTM

Yeah, as stated above, the game does have a few moments in the game where the vision becomes awkward, but honestly, what you have sounds like it's a TV thing. I'm not saying it is, only from the somewhat vague description you're giving is how I'm assuming.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It's supposed to be doing that.

Don't get the new augments!

MrHadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crithon: no it's nothing like a kill screen, it's like the tv screen static from poltergeist it just splits the screen, it's really quick three, one second flashes within ten seconds. It's only happened twice once while standing Idle and once as I was looking through the upgrades.

I check all the cables on my tv and ps3, might have just been a weird load, or something weird with my tv. It was just really abrupt and really didn't seem like part of the game.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

@mrhadouken: my first reaction would have been the graphics card, sounds like when they die, or could be connection cables. How are you are your drivers when it comes to being up to date?

But yeah. It's odd, that happens around the part in the game where it plays with the graphic effects.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.