Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Aug 23, 2011

Human Revolution is the third game in the Deus Ex series, a prequel where players take control of augmented security officer Adam Jensen, and investigate attacks against Sarif Industries, a leader in augmentation technology.

Bribe - Bar Tab

zanshin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

Edited By zanshin

I'm still in Hengsha, though I think I have hacked every door and console, as well as scavenged everything I could fit in my inventory. At this point I am considering freeing up some space in my inventory to make room for all those beer bottles I have seen lying around, and sell them. Doing so would feel a bit odd, like one of those guys who goes around collecting huge bags of bottles with a shopping cart.

I've taken the mission where you have to track down Jaya. Even with the distasteful nature of it, I cannot pass up a quest (you can tell by the number of quests I have done here on Giant Bomb). Still now that I have found her, I am unwilling to harm her, and went back to Bobby, who now wants a bribe. Now I have a choice of taking the lesser of two evils. I wish I could just take out Bobby and Tong Si Hung.

I won't this read any comments to this blog post until after I have made my decision, but I am curious to find out how things would have turned out with other options.

zanshin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By zanshin

I'm still in Hengsha, though I think I have hacked every door and console, as well as scavenged everything I could fit in my inventory. At this point I am considering freeing up some space in my inventory to make room for all those beer bottles I have seen lying around, and sell them. Doing so would feel a bit odd, like one of those guys who goes around collecting huge bags of bottles with a shopping cart.

I've taken the mission where you have to track down Jaya. Even with the distasteful nature of it, I cannot pass up a quest (you can tell by the number of quests I have done here on Giant Bomb). Still now that I have found her, I am unwilling to harm her, and went back to Bobby, who now wants a bribe. Now I have a choice of taking the lesser of two evils. I wish I could just take out Bobby and Tong Si Hung.

I won't this read any comments to this blog post until after I have made my decision, but I am curious to find out how things would have turned out with other options.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#2  Edited By donutfever

I did a bunch of other side missions to get the money. Taking the bribe just makes him say "OK I'M DONE", and you can talk to her and get (I think) 2000 credits.

misterhaan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By misterhaan

i had tons of cash by that point from selling all the guns i picked up after each mission, so i just paid the guy no worries.

Aishan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Aishan

IIRC if you give him the bribe, he actually gives you a Praxis kit, so it's not actually any loss on your part.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#5  Edited By SMTDante89

You can give him the money and get the Praxis Kit, then go behind the bar, croutch and perform a takedown to get it all back.  Just hide behind the bar until the enemies give up the search after you perform the takedown.

zanshin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By zanshin

Thanks so much for all your advice, especially Aishan and SMTDante, I end up just getting back to Deus Ex today, and I actually did read these comments before playing and took SMTDante's advice.

Actually, it was never a question of money, as I had plenty. I just didn't want to pay that guy the bribe. Now, thanks to SMTDante, I was able to get the girl off, and get my bribe money back. Taking out that guy was extremely satisfying.

I want to go back to the girl and see if she has anything to say, or if she will give me anything, but I don't seem to have a way point to her any longer, and I cannot remember where she was.

zanshin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By zanshin

Well, did as SMTDante suggested and seemed to have gotten the girl off and then got my money back, but I wasn't able to track down Jaya again. I went where I thought her apartment was, but she wasn't there. Then later when I checked, it says that I failed the mission, and IIRC it was something about not getting Jaya's debt settled. Did anyone successfuly complete this mission after taking out Bobby? Did I do something wrong?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.