Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Aug 23, 2011

Human Revolution is the third game in the Deus Ex series, a prequel where players take control of augmented security officer Adam Jensen, and investigate attacks against Sarif Industries, a leader in augmentation technology.

Can you stash stuff in your apartment 'hidey-hole'?

Avatar image for shalashaskauk666
    ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By ShalashaskaUK666

I am just curious because I took a bunch o stuff out of it after discovering it behind the TV, but cant find a way to put anything in? Failing that is there any where you can stash stuff so you dont have to keep dropping items out your inventory to make room for new ones? 
    Cheers!!

thetenthdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By thetenthdoctor

Just like the GB guys talked about this week, I hate hate hate goddam encumbrance or limited inventory. My solution so far has been to make sure all guns are constantly reloaded (to minimize the ammo in the inventory by putting it in the gun) and basically carry whichever weapon the enemies seem to be dropping (usually the 10mm pistol or shotgun). I hate to waste Praxis on a stupid backpack upgrade instead of an awesome new ability, but you need to eventually.

Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Hooded

To answer your question... No you cant, which kinda sucks, i was also thinking earlier this game would really benifit from a item chest.

kyrieee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By kyrieee
    @ShalashaskaUK666 said:
    I am just curious because I took a bunch o stuff out of it after discovering it behind the TV, but cant find a way to put anything in? Failing that is there any where you can stash stuff so you dont have to keep dropping items out your inventory to make room for new ones? Cheers!!
    You can leave stuff anywhere, it doesn't despawn.

@thetenthdoctor said:
    Just like the GB guys talked about this week, I hate hate hate goddam encumbrance or limited inventory. My solution so far has been to make sure all guns are constantly reloaded (to minimize the ammo in the inventory by putting it in the gun) and basically carry whichever weapon the enemies seem to be dropping (usually the 10mm pistol or shotgun). I hate to waste Praxis on a stupid backpack upgrade instead of an awesome new ability, but you need to eventually.

You get plenty of Praxis points, just get the inventory upgrades, you won't regret it.
    _Phara0h_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By _Phara0h_

Do you actually come back to your apartment after shanghai or the other cities?

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By MooseyMcMan
    @THAfara0 said:

Yes. For story reasons. 
    Codeacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Codeacious

In PC, you can leave stuff anywhere. I mean anywhere. I left a bottle of Whiskey in the Serif Industries building and it was there 20 hours later.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PillClinton

@isnipeyoudie said:

In PC, you can leave stuff anywhere. I mean anywhere. I left a bottle of Whiskey in the Serif Industries building and it was there 20 hours later.

yeah, i guess that would work as a makeshift sort of item locker. just dump shit all over your apartment. kind of like real life!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By 137

@thetenthdoctor said:

upgrade inventory, carry tons of shit, pawn it off to weapon dealers, buy praxis with points.

?????

profit! I must've picked up 6 heavy rifles last night in shanghai oh man I can't wait to find me a scalper.

_Phara0h_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By _Phara0h_

@MooseyMcMan said:

@THAfara0 said:

Yes. For story reasons.

Good because I left some weapons there and I'm in Shanghai now....

shaggydude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By shaggydude

I like to use the apartment as a weapons locker. I almost have 1 of every weapon laying around the joint.

Selling guns in this game is kind of silly, but if you do it right you can make a lot of credits early on. When I kill anyone who drops a gun in Detroit, or any area that has a vendor nearby, I will literally run each gun one by one back to a vendor. By doing them one at a time you won't pick up a gun and have it turn into ammo, which is worth crap compared to the gun. I decided early on I was never going to use shotguns so every time i picked one up off a gang banger in Detroit I would run it back to the vendor for 750 credits. Then I started doing it for other guns. If I already have an upgraded version of the gun, I'll drop it on the ground while I run the crappy one back to the vendor. I also made about 5 trips to the police station to rob the armory one combat rifle at a time.

Avatar image for thephantomstranger
    ThePhantomStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ShaggyDude: Oh god why! now I have to do that! 

On the upside I was wondering about the item persistence, playing on ps3, do you comeback to Detroit in general later or just your apartment?
    DougQuaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By DougQuaid
    @ShaggyDude said:

I like to use the apartment as a weapons locker. I almost have 1 of every weapon laying around the joint.

Selling guns in this game is kind of silly, but if you do it right you can make a lot of credits early on. When I kill anyone who drops a gun in Detroit, or any area that has a vendor nearby, I will literally run each gun one by one back to a vendor. By doing them one at a time you won't pick up a gun and have it turn into ammo, which is worth crap compared to the gun. I decided early on I was never going to use shotguns so every time i picked one up off a gang banger in Detroit I would run it back to the vendor for 750 credits. Then I started doing it for other guns. If I already have an upgraded version of the gun, I'll drop it on the ground while I run the crappy one back to the vendor. I also made about 5 trips to the police station to rob the armory one combat rifle at a time.

Dude! I did the exact same thing.
    McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By McGhee

@DougQuaid said:

@ShaggyDude said:

The things we go through to get around a crappy inventory system.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#15  Edited By ZombiePie

I am disappointed at the lack of an American flag in Human Revolution. It would make Erik Wolpaw sad.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By Tennmuerti

@DougQuaid said:

@ShaggyDude said:

There is so much money in the game there really is 0 need to do this :)

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Three0neFive

Hidey hole? I have no idea what you're talkin about.
     Hidey hole? I have no idea what you're talkin about.
    shaggydude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By shaggydude

@Tennmuerti said:

@DougQuaid said:

@ShaggyDude said:

It's not essential, no. But, it is nice to be able to buy every single Praxis kit from the LIMB vendors with plenty left over to make it rain on some NPCs.

@DougQuaid: I found another place to run shotguns last night. When you return to Detroit later in the game and you find the Humanity Front's secret lair they have a lot of revolvers and combat rifles in lockers and almost all of them are toting shotguns. The lair is part of the city area, so there were no loading screens to worry about as I made like 10 trips back and forth and made about 10-12000 credits. Bought a rocket launcher just for shits and gigs and threw that hoss in the kitchen sink at Adam's apartment.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By Tennmuerti

@ShaggyDude said:

@Tennmuerti said:

@DougQuaid said:

@ShaggyDude said:

It's not essential, no. But, it is nice to be able to buy every single Praxis kit from the LIMB vendors with plenty left over to make it rain on some NPCs.

Yea and what I'm saying is you can do this easily without resorting to running around reselling every gun. As long as you explore the world properly there is more money then you can ever spend, I'm currently only starting Picus with over 60k in my wallet. It's possible to step foot into Detroit for the first time with 8-9k credits on you for example.

Diachron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#20  Edited By Diachron

@Tennmuerti said:

@DougQuaid said:

@ShaggyDude said:

There is zero reason to do this for monetary reasons, but for some of us, it's the ONLY thing to do to satisfy the voices in our heads. :)

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.