Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Aug 23, 2011

Human Revolution is the third game in the Deus Ex series, a prequel where players take control of augmented security officer Adam Jensen, and investigate attacks against Sarif Industries, a leader in augmentation technology.

Deus Ex- Augmented Edition or get Missing Link?

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Doctorchimp

What even comes in the Augmented Edition, I've just been getting results for the physical copy of the Augmented Edition and that the steam version comes with 10,000 extra credits. That seems kinda broken, is there anything else in it?

Is Missing Link any good? Thanks for the replies.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#2  Edited By BeachThunder

I'm playing Missing Link at the moment, so far I'm really enjoying it.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Doctorchimp

@BeachThunder said:

I'm playing Missing Link at the moment, so far I'm really enjoying it.

I've seen you around. So I'll forgo the augmented and go for the DLC, thanks man.

Does that DLC integrate itself in the main game? Or do I have to finish the game?

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#4  Edited By BeachThunder

The DLC is a standalone game. You start the DLC with no augmentations and no inventory. Having said that, you should play the main game first anyway, because the DLC does relate to one part of the game.

Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#5  Edited By Mnemoidian

The Missing Link is a stand-alone campaign that is branched out of the main story. It'll make more sense if you've played the main story, but there is no carry-over and no bring-backs. Entirely stand alone. (as said)

The Augmented Edition comes with the Soundtrack, an Artbook, Motion comic and some other stuff. The Steam version has digital versions of those. (Which is found under the "Tools" tab, which may be easy to miss).

Erebus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Erebus

You also get an added mission that is integrated into the main story with the Augmented Edition which features a character from the original Deus Ex.

Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#7  Edited By Mnemoidian

@Erebus: I believe that is part of the Explosive Mission DLC: http://store.steampowered.com/app/28060/, which, I believe, was a pre-order bonus, but isn't included in Augmented Edition anymore?

Though, I may be wrong about it being included or not.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By SomeDeliCook

Might as well get the augmented edition. The DLC will be around forever; the special edition, who knows.

Erebus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Erebus

@Mnemoidian said:

@Erebus: I believe that is part of the Explosive Mission DLC: http://store.steampowered.com/app/28060/, which, I believe, was a pre-order bonus, but isn't included in Augmented Edition anymore?

Though, I may be wrong about it being included or not.

All I know is that I bought the Augmented Edition retail and it included the Explosive Mission pack. I preordered it but I thought it was just included in the Augmented Edition. I'm not sure though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.