Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Aug 23, 2011

Human Revolution is the third game in the Deus Ex series, a prequel where players take control of augmented security officer Adam Jensen, and investigate attacks against Sarif Industries, a leader in augmentation technology.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Arrives Next Week for $15

• 72 results
    patrickklepek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By patrickklepek
    No Caption Provided

I’m still finding it hard to believe Deus Ex: Human Revolution was such a kick ass game, one that I haven’t started playing a second time yet, simply because I want the experience to feel fresh when I get back around to it. Fortunately, I’ll have another reason to dive back in soon: downloadable content.

Eidos Montreal announced today that The Missing Link, which plugs in a narrative gap towards the end of the main story, will arrive for $15 on all three platforms on October 18.

Several team members came through San Francisco last month to show off The Missing Link, and while they admitted it’s slotted during a certain moment towards the end of Human Revolution that makes convenient narrative sense, they were adament this was not content cut from the main game.

To that end, the team said it would have been easier to simply augment the slew of content cut from Human Revolution, but the hope was to use the downloadable content as a way to show off how far the game’s technology had come from inception to completion and actually implement lessons learned from the game’s development. The art assets are brand-new in The Missing Link, the lighting looks improved, and that orange/ gold color scheme appears to have be ditched for a redder look.

And while you’re stripped of powers for a so-far undisclosed reason in The Missing Link (does it really matter?), that actually sounds pretty great, especially if you’re familiar with how BioShock 2’s Minerva’s Den worked. Like Minerva’s Den, The Missing Link will allow players to progress through most, if not all, of Human Revolution’s skill tree over the add-on’s heavily condensed time period. If you played through Human Revolution one way, The Missing Link will provide you with the opportunity to try something else. As someone who played the game as a stealthy hacker, maybe I’ll go all-guns this time.

Basically, I want to play The Missing Link.

patrickklepek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By patrickklepek
    No Caption Provided

I’m still finding it hard to believe Deus Ex: Human Revolution was such a kick ass game, one that I haven’t started playing a second time yet, simply because I want the experience to feel fresh when I get back around to it. Fortunately, I’ll have another reason to dive back in soon: downloadable content.

Eidos Montreal announced today that The Missing Link, which plugs in a narrative gap towards the end of the main story, will arrive for $15 on all three platforms on October 18.

Several team members came through San Francisco last month to show off The Missing Link, and while they admitted it’s slotted during a certain moment towards the end of Human Revolution that makes convenient narrative sense, they were adament this was not content cut from the main game.

To that end, the team said it would have been easier to simply augment the slew of content cut from Human Revolution, but the hope was to use the downloadable content as a way to show off how far the game’s technology had come from inception to completion and actually implement lessons learned from the game’s development. The art assets are brand-new in The Missing Link, the lighting looks improved, and that orange/ gold color scheme appears to have be ditched for a redder look.

And while you’re stripped of powers for a so-far undisclosed reason in The Missing Link (does it really matter?), that actually sounds pretty great, especially if you’re familiar with how BioShock 2’s Minerva’s Den worked. Like Minerva’s Den, The Missing Link will allow players to progress through most, if not all, of Human Revolution’s skill tree over the add-on’s heavily condensed time period. If you played through Human Revolution one way, The Missing Link will provide you with the opportunity to try something else. As someone who played the game as a stealthy hacker, maybe I’ll go all-guns this time.

Basically, I want to play The Missing Link.

SHADOWINFINITE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By SHADOWINFINITE

Awesome

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By lordofultima

A great price, provided you get the same open-ended content you got in the retail game, replayable many times, many paths through with great level design.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By MooseyMcMan

$15 is a little more than I was expecting, but if it's quality content, then I'm all for it.

Liquidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By Liquidus

Probably play this after Arkham City and Uncharted 3, those games are just gonna eat up a lot of my time.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

And a PC version too! How cool is that?

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By hatking

Isn't that sort of a high price? I guess I'll be waiting for reviews on this one. Hopefully it's as great as the rest of the game. Not that I'll have much time to play it this year anyway. hah

blacklab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By blacklab

adament (sp)

Adamant

metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9  Edited By metal_mills
    @MooseyMcMan said:

$15 is a little more than I was expecting, but if it's quality content, then I'm all for it.

It's meant to be 5 hours long.
    MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By MooseyMcMan

@Metal_Mills said:

@MooseyMcMan said:

Yeah, but there's been stuff like Fallout DLC that was longer than that and only $10. Some of the Borderlands stuff too. Oh well. $15 isn't bad, I guess.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By bybeach

Yes I understand this...DLC is wierd. Can't do with, can't do without. And I don't want to be a dick towards this game/dev.

There better be a PC version Dammit!

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 28

#12  Edited By Legend

Four more hours of DE:HR for $15? Hell yeah!

fadecy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By fadecy

So for the low low price of 1/4 of the game's original price. We can pay for content that was cut out of the game. OH JOY.

mrsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14  Edited By mrsmiley

I'll buy it at a high price!

Hangnail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Hangnail

@bybeach said:

Yes I understand this...DLC is wierd. Can't do with, can't do without. And I don't want to be a dick towards this game/dev.

There better be a PC version Dammit!

The DLC IS coming out for the PC, the in game banner says it's going to be available on Steam this month.

LoktarOgar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By LoktarOgar

15 is steep, especially since it'll most likely be 15 euros as well.

Still, I love me some Human Revolution... and lord knows I've already got my moneys worth from the main game, with 2 and a half runthrough clocking in at some 70 hours combined.

spaceturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By spaceturtle

Geez... Well, I was gonna buy this no matter the price, but for 15 bucks it should at least offer a couple of hours of cyberpunk awesomeness

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By RE_Player1

I'll wait for the GOTY edition next year.

Vestigial_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Vestigial_Man

I have been waiting for this before starting another playthrough. I watched the walkthrough trailer for it as the credits rolled on the game. I'm not sure how I feel about it not being an addition to the main story though ( as in letting me use my badass end-game Jensen).

aleryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#21  Edited By aleryn

$15 eh? Will be checking into reviews for it then. Cool that they're putting out more content. Though I hope more for a sequel than DLC. The game could use polishing and embellishment of the combat system. Wonderful start though.

Poki3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#22  Edited By Poki3

Not buying it for that price. Luckily, I have the PC game and a Steam discount will come by eventually. I'll wait.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Chop

Why do we even buy games at release? There isn't any point to it anymore, we just get shafted with game of the year editions. I hate how this industry works.

allodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By allodude

Those abs look unreal.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#25  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @rebgav said:

@MooseyMcMan said:

@Metal_Mills said:

@MooseyMcMan said:

Yeah, but there's been stuff like Fallout DLC that was longer than that and only $10. Some of the Borderlands stuff too. Oh well. $15 isn't bad, I guess.

It's a quarter of the price you would have paid for the original retail release. That's pretty disgusting no matter how long the mission is. It's bad enough that shooters charge that much for map packs, if $15 is going to be the new norm for single-player dlc then shit's gone crazy.

Don't worry though, I'm sure they'll figure this out by the time new consoles arrive - $90 retail, get first dlc for free!

Considering there are more then a few retail game releases with 5 hours or less of content for $60, well to me personally this seems like great value. /shrug

Different DLC is different not everything has to be $5 - $10 meaningless 1-2 hour throw always.
    That's the great thing about DLC. There is no "norm" 

@MooseyMcMan
    Let's not forget Bordelands dlc had high's and lows too, same with F:NV dlc
    Mad Moxxi was an abomination for $10 and Zombie dlc was no hot shot either.
    vinsanityv22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By vinsanityv22

PATCH THE FU**ING GAME ALREADY!!!! I DON'T CARE ABOUT DLC UNTIL I CAN PLAY THROUGH IT WITHOUT MY HUD DISAPPEARING A**HOLES! WHERE'S THE NEWS ON THAT!?!

The PC version got patched, like, two weeks after release. No surprise there, but to have gone completely dark on console patches is an a**hole move. They could AT LEAST go out on the forums and say, "Hey, we submitted the patch to Sony and Microsoft for inspection. They're in lot check right now", but no. We got nothing. And - judging by the forums here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?p=1677271#post1677271), there are loads more bugs and some far more serious than the already incredibly frustrating HUD disappearing glitch that I personally have suffered.

PATCH THE GAME. Then we'll talk about stupid DLC. Fu** you guys until then. If it were a sh*tty game, I wouldn't care. But Deus Ex 3 is clearly awesome. It just sucks that's it's FUCKING UNPLAYABLE IF YOU GET HIT WITH THESE GLITCHES!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Kyreo

That's fabulous!

Avatar image for goulash_enjoyer
    goulash_enjoyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By goulash_enjoyer

@vinsanityv22 said:

PATCH THE FU**ING GAME ALREADY!!!! I DON'T CARE ABOUT DLC UNTIL I CAN PLAY THROUGH IT WITHOUT MY HUD DISAPPEARING A**HOLES! WHERE'S THE NEWS ON THAT!?!

The PC version got patched, like, two weeks after release. No surprise there, but to have gone completely dark on console patches is an a**hole move. They could AT LEAST go out on the forums and say, "Hey, we submitted the patch to Sony and Microsoft for inspection. They're in lot check right now", but no. We got nothing. And - judging by the forums here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?p=1677271#post1677271), there are loads more bugs and some far more serious than the already incredibly frustrating HUD disappearing glitch that I personally have suffered.

PATCH THE GAME. Then we'll talk about stupid DLC. Fu** you guys until then. If it were a sh*tty game, I wouldn't care. But Deus Ex 3 is clearly awesome. It just sucks that's it's FUCKING UNPLAYABLE IF YOU GET HIT WITH THESE GLITCHES!!!

Whoa there, tiger.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By DystopiaX

@Bummey said:

@vinsanityv22 said:

Whoa there, tiger.

Chill out bro.

QKT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By QKT

i got this on onlive... what do i do/get?

risseless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#31  Edited By risseless

I wonder if it's going to have another screwed-if-you're-a-hacker boss at the end.

MrGtD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MrGtD

@vinsanityv22: Thank you for not swearing.

BLKZOMBIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#33  Edited By BLKZOMBIE

Sure, why not? I'll buy that shit.

gregoryc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By gregoryc

Considering how large a chuck of content this DLC is, and the new assets, I think $15 is fair.

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Kyreo

Considering I acquired Deus Ex HR by trading Borderlands to a buddy of mine, (which I bought for 20 dollars) I will happily shell out another 15 for some more content.

Ersanven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Ersanven

$15 goddamn dollars for dlc? You're fucking kidding me! I'm not paying that much for DLC.

ma_rc_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ma_rc_01

@DystopiaX said:

@Bummey said:

@vinsanityv22 said:

Whoa there, tiger.

Chill out bro.

Yeah, that chip upgrade must have made him crazy or something.

Applekid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Applekid

lol at charging $15.

I'm going to sit back and see if its more than a 3 hour busy body quest. I'm tired of getting burned time and time again by these new releases.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By TheHT

Wow. For that price I'm gonna have to wait and see if it's worth it.

Mace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Mace

$15 seems a little pricey for DLC to me. But I suppose it depends on how long and good the content is. If it is going to be 5 extra hours of awesome game then that is a pretty good deal. If it is just a couple of hours of decent game then I might have to wait until some kind of sale or Playstation Plus discount.

shakra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By shakra

Fifteen dollars what the what

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By probablytuna

Hmmm, seems a bit too steep a price in my opinion, and I'll probably be knee-deep in games by that point. As much as I love Human Revolution and want more of it, I'll wait until it goes on Steam sale.

byterunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By byterunner

"and that orange/ gold color scheme appears to have be ditched for a redder look."

awwww, I really liked that gold hue over the whole game :C

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By BBQBram

I'll be getting this whenever I finish Deus Ex. Kinda stopped half-way to play Rage.

smiddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By smiddy

$15 for 5 hours. Sorry, no. This is getting ridiculous. Especially since we know that when a developer says 5 hours, it is in fact 3 hours long.

hoossy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By hoossy

I can only be a stealth hacker.... can't go run and gun. just... can't....do it

Dustpan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#47  Edited By Dustpan

So if I were to replay the game, once I got up to the point where this DLC is supposed to take place, would I be able to play the DLC at that point automatically?

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Vodun

@Chop said:

Why do we even buy games at release? There isn't any point to it anymore, we just get shafted with game of the year editions. I hate how this industry works.

Yes, it is terrible how they make things cheaper as they get older! They should become more expensive, like wine! Because we all know the importance of the fermentation process on digital products!

Karandras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Karandras

I'd whinge about the price point (given Fallout 3 and Borderslands both had sizeable DLCs for less) but...well...I'm blatently going to buy this so whats the point?

Its great to see Deus Ex back at the top table and if it costs 1200MS points to show my appreciation, i'm in.

LoktarOgar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By LoktarOgar
    @smiddy said:

$15 for 5 hours. Sorry, no. This is getting ridiculous. Especially since we know that when a developer says 5 hours, it is in fact 3 hours long.

That's the thing though, at least with the main game, Eidos never really overstated Human Revolution's length. It makes it a lot easier to believe this actually is 5 hours.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.