Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Aug 23, 2011

Human Revolution is the third game in the Deus Ex series, a prequel where players take control of augmented security officer Adam Jensen, and investigate attacks against Sarif Industries, a leader in augmentation technology.

Favorite/Least favorite weapon in the game?

• 66 results
    misterhaan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 7

#51  Edited By misterhaan

i enjoy the tranq rifle because it is closest to the mini-crossbow from deus ex with poison darts you could shoot at dudes to knock them out.  it's most fun when you hit a dude with it but he keeps on patrolling until he eventually just passes out.  i also appreciate seeing the dart sticking out of them so you can tell where you hit.  against augs it's a little weird though because you can shoot them in the metal robot shoulder and somehow that works . . .  also the tranq to the head death with merciful soul xp seems accidental.

either the machine pistol or the p.e.p.s. is my least favorite.  the machine pistol because it's everywhere but i like to play non-lethal, and the p.e.p.s. because it sounds like a non-lethal crowd-control weapon but when i've tried it out it either just knocks everyone down after which they all get up and try to kill me, or it also throws a box at them that i didn't expect, and now some of them are dead.

Gav47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#52  Edited By Gav47

Never used the PEPS. Now the Revolver with explosive rounds on the other hand was fucking brilliant.

plaintomato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By plaintomato

10mm Pistol and Revolver. I wouldn't even carry anything else on my second playthrough. They leave more inventory space and if you stick with two weapons it's easy to stock up on more ammo than you'll ever need.

The revolver is better than the shotgun once upgraded, and with area damage too. 

The pistol has the hole one shot head shot thing going on. 

The only reason to use the combat rifle is if you want to play the game as a straight shooter, in which case the homing bullets come in handy.

Tsoglani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By Tsoglani

I dig the Stungun, has been vital in my first playthrough. Next favourite is the Combat Rifle fully upgraded, although the 9mm fully upgraded with armour piercing upgrade is pretty sick.

Least favourite is definitely the Machine Pistol, especially with the Rifle, it doesn't really need to be in my inventory.

I have been rolling with the Sniper Rifle for much of the game, and I haven't even used it once, so am now thinking is it really needed at all? Might sell it and buy the Rocket Launcher instead, OR if I can find the Silenced Sniper I will use that instead. Anyway, where can I find the Silenced Sniper Rifle? I believe you can't use a silencer on a normal Sniper?

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By bybeach

Assault rifle/crossbow(never used it). I did make good use of the tranq rifle and the PEPS(great nonlethal weapon) But the 10mm I fell in luv with, in that with a few upgrades it was my fallback lethal, and it did it's job.

CounterShock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By CounterShock

The pistol + every upgrade you come across = BEAST.

klinkcow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By klinkcow

@Kandycane2029 said:

I've yet to use anything other than the tranq rifle.

i love the tranq

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Ravenlight

I really hated the heavy MG. Sure it spits out burning fury like nobody's business, but it takes so long to wind up, you're usually dead or severely injured before you get to waste anybody.

On the other side, we have the stun gun. 1-hit KOs, messes up the bosses, perfect for stealth. My weapon of choice.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8b49bb7fea7
    deactivated-5f8b49bb7fea7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@TheHT said:

Most favourite is the pistol, silenced with laser, etc. Really satisfying to just pop out of cover and land a stealthy headshot. Though there's something really satisfying about using a fully upgraded combat rifle to just start dumping into dudes.

Least favourite's the revolver. Never picked one up, not even to see what it was like. Well, ok, except for the revolver that was infront of Isias, but that was only because I was worried if I left it...

Haha, I did the exact same thing. I had never touched the revolver until that point. I picked it up (for the same reason) and carried it out of the room and then immediately dropped it.

Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
    SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Tranquilizer Rifle and 10mm Pistol are my favorites!

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#61  Edited By donutfever

Crossbow is the best.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Favorite: Lethal Takedowns.

Least favorite: I didn't spec my character toward combat efficiency at all, so I found myself really disliking the Heavy Rifle.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#63  Edited By Tennmuerti

I like the Rocket Launcher in theory. In practice however it's ammo is way way too limited to make it of any use past the 1st boss.

Not a fan of the Heavy Rifle either, plus it's ammo if a bitch to lug around.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Jack268

The silenced pistol and the combat rifle are my favorites. I think they handle really well.

RedneckedCrake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By RedneckedCrake

I love the pistol once it's upgraded and silenced. There's ammo everywhere for it and it's nice and reliable.

CastroCasper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By CastroCasper

I played stealth and non-lethal so my favorite was the gas grenade and least was PEPS.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#67  Edited By fox01313

Been happy with the pistol & tranq gun. Thought that the slienced sniper rifle was useful especially in act2's surprise attack. Think that the peps (stun shotgun thing) along with the normal shotguns are the least favorites.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Funkydupe

@Jack268: The silenced pistol was my favorite. Pew pew! :D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.