Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Aug 23, 2011

Human Revolution is the third game in the Deus Ex series, a prequel where players take control of augmented security officer Adam Jensen, and investigate attacks against Sarif Industries, a leader in augmentation technology.

Fuuuu-ture. Fyoooooooo-churrrrrr.

zeckbecker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By zeckbecker

Deus Ex: Human Revolution was a game that I had my doubts about. The original was fantastic, I had heard the sequel was abysmal, and this "reboot" coming 10 years later did little to ease my apprehension. E3 was full of bad news for the game, and I had all but written it off. That was until Valve pulled its typical trickery, and lured me into buying the collector's edition. 8 TF2 items, you say? Five dollars cheaper than the console versions, you say? The fuckers got me again. But I have never been more glad they did.

Of the small portion I've played, Deus Ex is an amazing game, although not without it's faults. The thing is, listing them out makes it seem like I hate the game, mostly due to the sheer volume. There are a veritable ton of minor flaws, but the thing is: they're MINOR. Controls take a little bit of fiddling to get comfortable, there isn't a windowed mode, some voice actors are bad, and the list goes on. So far the bulk of the game, the stealth and story, are amazing. The corporate espionage is interesting and the world seems to be packed full of story leads and side missions. I've really fallen in love with what I've played of the game so far, and I think if you were even considering the game it deserves a look.

zeckbecker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By zeckbecker

Deus Ex: Human Revolution was a game that I had my doubts about. The original was fantastic, I had heard the sequel was abysmal, and this "reboot" coming 10 years later did little to ease my apprehension. E3 was full of bad news for the game, and I had all but written it off. That was until Valve pulled its typical trickery, and lured me into buying the collector's edition. 8 TF2 items, you say? Five dollars cheaper than the console versions, you say? The fuckers got me again. But I have never been more glad they did.

Of the small portion I've played, Deus Ex is an amazing game, although not without it's faults. The thing is, listing them out makes it seem like I hate the game, mostly due to the sheer volume. There are a veritable ton of minor flaws, but the thing is: they're MINOR. Controls take a little bit of fiddling to get comfortable, there isn't a windowed mode, some voice actors are bad, and the list goes on. So far the bulk of the game, the stealth and story, are amazing. The corporate espionage is interesting and the world seems to be packed full of story leads and side missions. I've really fallen in love with what I've played of the game so far, and I think if you were even considering the game it deserves a look.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#2  Edited By sammo21

I am a huge DE fan...played the original and even bought the original when the GOTY edition came out with the soundtrack packed in. Didn't care for the second game that much, but quickly ignored it. While I don't hate this game, I think its not doing anything for me. The story is OK but I think the game is bogged down by too many arbitrary game design choices and contrivances. Too much "gamification" of everything and game play taken directly from the original game.

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 28

#3  Edited By Legend
    @Sammo21 Oh man, you're one of "those guys" aren't you. You know, people who don't like a popular game and yet spend a lot of time posting in every thread how they didn't like it as much as other people did..
    sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By sammo21

@Legend: What am I supposed to say to that? Does that make you "that guy" who likes anything new and shiny and automatically makes it their "BEST GAME I HAVE PLAYED IN 20 YEARS" and damn anyone who doesn't agree with you? I have a different opinion than you...deal with it.

You could easily look up all my past comments in anything, but hey that require effort and you not being an ass. Just because someone doesn't have the same opinion as you doesn't make them some sort of dredge. Sorry that I have different standards and tastes than you do.

I am currently playing DE:HR, so yes I will be in the forums more than I will be in the forum for Bioshock or Chu Chu Rocket. I also note that every post you make is high praise, so what's the difference. I have never said the game is shite merely I don't think it's God gift to gaming. Just because you disagree doesn't mean anything other than...you disagree.

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Legend
    @Sammo21 You obviously didn't understand what I meant, and seriously dude there is no reason to resort to personal insults especially that my post didn't insult you in any way.
    If you read my post again, you'll notice I didn't attack you or your opinion, I was just pointing out that there are some people who keep posting how much they dislike a game in threads that people make with the intention of discussing how much they enjoy said game. I personally don't see why anyone would spend so much time discussing games they don't like when they could be discussing games they DO like (like what I'm doing right now). I'm not saying that they should never discuss games that they don't like; it's just that I find it weird that they would keep bringing it up in every thread.
    Also, I don't like to go to people's profiles to read their previous posts. I think that's kinda creepy.
    sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By sammo21

@Legend: I didn't personally attack you or call you a name and if you feel I did you should carefully read my post.

W0lfbl1tzers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By W0lfbl1tzers

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Legend
    @Sammo21 "You could easily look up all my past comments in anything, but hey that require effort and you not being an ass."
    That was kind of a personal attack, wasn't it? :P
    End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By End_Boss

@Legend:

@Sammo21:

Stop being a pair of sissy girls, the both of you. You both like the game. Now shut it.

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Legend
    @End_Boss

@Legend:

@Sammo21:

Stop being a pair of sissy girls, the both of you. You both like the game. Now shut it.

This is between Sammo21 and myself. How dare you get involved in this, good sir?! :P
    altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By altairre

And here is another good sir that dares to get involved due to a question that came to my mind. Why wouldn´t somebody not like to discuss a game which he didn´t like that much? Makes no sense at all. If he is disappointed in it he has every right to post it and not just in the "OMG I HATE THIS GAME" threads. Just my opinion.

Now I´m going back to playing Human Revolution since I don´t know how to feel about it yet.

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Legend
    @altairre Apparently people don't really read what I post. *sigh* :(

Here is what I posted earlier:
    "I'm not saying that they should never discuss games that they don't like; it's just that I find it weird that they would keep bringing it up in every thread."
    So yeah, by all means, speak your mind about any game if you hate it. Just don't keep bringing it up in all threads especially those posted by people who love the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.