Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Aug 23, 2011

Human Revolution is the third game in the Deus Ex series, a prequel where players take control of augmented security officer Adam Jensen, and investigate attacks against Sarif Industries, a leader in augmentation technology.

Gun Farming

hoossy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By hoossy

After spending hours and hours searching every nook that Detroit had to offer, I was tired of picking up huge amounts of ammo because enemies guns that get left around get converted to said ammo if you already own the gun (obviously). 
    Since bodies and weapons stay around in the environment for a very long time (360 version), I started making trips back and forth to the local gun merchants.   
    Sell a shot gun, go back and pick up another, and repeat. 

I must have earned over 10,000 doing that, which of course bought me two more praxis points!  This might be kinda ruining the game pacing... but I hate knowing there are badass abilities locked up inside me that I can't get to!!!  ;D

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Tennmuerti

@hoossy:

You got the points while exploring and doing stuff I assume? If so don't worry getting more points simply unlocks more possibilities for you, it does nothing to game pacing.

As for carrying guns back and forth you are kinda wasting your time. There is a ton of money available in the game if you explore properly anyway.

L33tfella_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By L33tfella_H

Heh. After picking up like the 5th or 6th shotgun in Detroit and remembering that the arms dealers let you SELL stuff in this game, my mind quickly went to work. Currently I'm past the first boss, have the praxis kits from the LIMB lab bought and still have around 25,000 credits on me.

It seems like I have a ridiculous amount of XP aswell for this point in the game, unless it's actually not too outrageous (I have about 68-70k XP).

zeckbecker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By zeckbecker

@Tennmuerti: I'm assuming he bought them. Praxis points are 5,000 credits a piece at the LIMB clinic.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Tennmuerti

@BakerTheZombie said:

@Tennmuerti: I'm assuming he bought them. Praxis points are 5,000 credits a piece at the LIMB clinic.

Oh that. Didn't think about that since I had over 10k when I got to the Limb clinic anyway.

cinemandrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By cinemandrew

@hoossy: It seems like you can only buy a max of 2 praxis kits each time you switch hub cities, so money is rarely an issue. Unless you're going around buying weapons and then dropping them later or something, you should never be that strapped for cash. I never was anyway, and I didn't resort to any crazy "gun farming", as you call it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.