Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Aug 23, 2011

Human Revolution is the third game in the Deus Ex series, a prequel where players take control of augmented security officer Adam Jensen, and investigate attacks against Sarif Industries, a leader in augmentation technology.

Hacking help

Mike512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Mike512

Can someone give me some tips on how to hack more successfully? I'm on a side-mission and I need to get through a level 2 security thing to proceed and I fail every time.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By DystopiaX

@Mike512 said:

Can someone give me some tips on how to hack more successfully? I'm on a side-mission and I need to get through a level 2 security thing to proceed and I fail every time.

Get some more augs and come back? Get the stealth-hacking ones, on its highest level you only have a 15% chance of effing up for lvl 1-2 nodes, 25% for 3 so it's really hard to get caught. It is luck so if you just save and reload you should get it eventually anyway...

I haven't had problems with the hacking, only had to use stop/nuke once, on a lvl 4 thing.

kyrieee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By kyrieee

You can hack / fortify multiple nodes at once, which helps a lot when you've been detected.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Justin258

Level your hacking skills up some more - there are two or three different trees. 

Also, are you trying to get through a fence to get to someone's apartment to get some sort of video files so some guy won't get in trouble? If so, then there are barrels nearby that you can carefully stack up and jump over the fence. You can get the code on the other side somewhere. That's what I did and finished the side quest just fine. Your problem just reminds me of the one I was having.

If not then just ignore that. Try to find another way around, though, there seems to be at least two ways into everything.

Morien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Morien

Be sure to fortify nodes that connect to your main hub as soon as you are detected. Try to plan out your path first of course, find nodes that the AI will try to get to you with and take those first, then once you are detected, fortify them. And like kyrieee says, if you are playing on the PC it's easy to capture multiple nodes at once. Hope that helps!

Mike512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mike512

@believer258: That's exactly what I'm doing right now. I didn't see any boxes before but I'll take a look again.

Also, thanks for the advice everyone. 
    Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Justin258
    @Mike512 

It wasn't boxes, it was barrels. Kind of like the ones that you would shoot to explode in regular shooters, only they're green and rusty. 

Anyway, they were close but not right there. I believe that when facing away from the fence you can turn left; there's a small alley there and if you keep going and turn right a sort of boxed in area. There were two crates blocking a secret passage in the back-left corner, and three more at the front-right corner. 

I'm sorry if this is confusing, I'm trying to map it out in my head, but I know I did it. I don't think the developers expected it, but it worked A-OK.
    Mike512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mike512

I finally hacked it successfully. I had a mix of boxes and barrels and when I failed the hack I'd try climbing my little box and barrel structure I made while waiting to hack again but I finally got the hack. Fortifying everything after you capture it definitely helps and now I'm not having that much of a problem hacking.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By SSully

@kyrieee said:

You can hack / fortify multiple nodes at once, which helps a lot when you've been detected.

This. I assumed you were only able to do one action per node at first, and I got my ass kicked everytime while hacking. Now I attack every node I am capable of doing so and fortify while those ones are being captured. Do that and put some skill points into hacking and you will be set.

Stahlbrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By Stahlbrand

Get stealth hacking upgrades.

Hack multiple directories at the same time, as soon as the network is aware of you start fortifying nodes near your I/O starting point to slow down the backtrace.

lv5 capture and lv3 stealth are all I think you need, I never upgraded fortify. Once I realized you could hack more than one node at a time I was on easy street.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#11  Edited By project343

You need to be incredibly fast. Look at the layout, figure out the stream of counter-measures, capture and fortify and work your way to your goal. Only fortify the pieces that matter, capture the utilities for extra time.

Personally, I found the fortify augs to be the most useful.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.