Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Aug 23, 2011

Human Revolution is the third game in the Deus Ex series, a prequel where players take control of augmented security officer Adam Jensen, and investigate attacks against Sarif Industries, a leader in augmentation technology.

How to install this game without Steam?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c072a2b922a9
    deactivated-5c072a2b922a9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I just bought this game retail off amazon and the fucking key has already been used. when I try activating it through steam it says its a duplicate key. Im so pissed right now. Is this is the shit we have to go through to play this game?

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By CL60

Pretty sure a key being already used has nothing to do with Steam, and everything to do with somebody stole the key. Ask Amazon/Steam.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Report it to Amazon. Amazon are brilliant with this sort of thing. If you tell them that something is wrong with your product they'll send you out a replacement right away. I once bought a retail steam game via them, there was an issue with the disk not installing. I had already activated the CD key because the start of the installation worked but about 5% into the instalation it crapped out. Since I'd used the CD key I thought Amazon would tell me they couldn't replace the disk and I'd be stuck and I'd have to download the rest of the game - and with my bandwidth limits that would have been a real nuisance. But I sent them an email asking if they could do anything and they sent a new one out immediately on next day delivery. It was fantastic. I mean, I could have easily been lying and just sold on that new copy of the game

And since any advice other than "Contact Steam support" or "Contact Amazon support" (both of which you've already been told) would involve circumnavigating Steamworks DRM, I'm locking this down. Providing instructions to break the DRM would promote piracy which is against our rules, so I'm going to lock it before anyone does that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.