Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Aug 23, 2011

Human Revolution is the third game in the Deus Ex series, a prequel where players take control of augmented security officer Adam Jensen, and investigate attacks against Sarif Industries, a leader in augmentation technology.

Standard Version or Director's Cut?

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Sometime in the near future I plan on buying this game. The problem is I don't which version of the game to buy. Should I buy the standard version or the Director's Cut?

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

They fixed the boss battles in the Director's Cut, so that one.

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
    citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By citizencoffeecake

Yea if only for them fixing those ass boss battles, go with DIrector's Cut. It

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By monetarydread

There is no reason to pick up the OG version of the game unless you can get it for two bucks or so.

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@citizencoffeecake: Did you have anything after It? It looks like you typed something but somehow didn't get posted.

roboculus92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Unless there's some issues with the Director's Cut that I don't know about, you should definitely pick that one up due to the fixes they made to the shitty boss battles in the original

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By golguin

I believe I picked up the Standard Version as part of the steam summer sale for like $2 or something crazy like that. I haven't started it yet because when I connect my laptop to my TV it sends the game over at 720 with a black border around it instead of the 1080P on the my laptop.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By probablytuna

@golguin: Just a head's up, if you plan on playing it, you can also pick up the Director's Cut at a much cheaper price. I bought the Director's Cut for something like $5 because I already own the original and the DLC. However you will have to redownload the entire game (something like 15GB which is kind of a bummer).

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

No reason not to get the Director's Cut. In fact if your getting it on PC Steam doesn't even sell the original since the Director's Cut is less expensive than getting the original and the DLC separately.

Garfield518

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Another advantage of the Director's Cut is that it has the DLC integrated into the story, instead of having to use a separate client.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.