Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Aug 23, 2011

Human Revolution is the third game in the Deus Ex series, a prequel where players take control of augmented security officer Adam Jensen, and investigate attacks against Sarif Industries, a leader in augmentation technology.

Van Bruggen

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By vitor

Possible mild spoilers to follow:

So, is there any way for him to survive if you don't give him a gun? Like, if I take out all the enemies in the area before leaving? Or will he always hold a grudge? All I have is a heavily upgraded pistol that I'm unwilling to part with. Have a tranq and stun gun that are my mains as I'm going through a pacifist playthrough as much as I can - pistol is there for the boss fights. Will I get it back later if I give it to him? Anyone tried?

DougQuaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By DougQuaid

When I did this part, I had saved right before talking to him. 

When he said he wanted a gun to defend himself, all I had was my upgraded 10mm pistol and my upgraded combat rifle and there was no way in hell I was giving either of those to him! So I reloaded my save, went downstars, bought a revolver, and gave that to him instead. 

Since you mentioned spoilers, you don't get the gun back. He does make contact while you're on your way to upper Hengsha and he gives you some extra credits for helping him out.

OsvaldoMoreno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By OsvaldoMoreno

Spoiler ( just in case )

As far as I know, he does not survive the fight even if you take the time to kill all the enemies in the area before they even get in the same room as him. At least that's what happened in my playtrought ( en e-mail in the TYM building said so...)

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By vitor

@DougQuaid: There's a dude selling revolvers? Awesome, will check that out. Decided to do the side mission for Malik first, but at least now I know! You can't carry two 10mm (one upgraded and one not) can you? It just converts to ammo, right? Otherwise I would have knocked out the one armed guy in the brothel/hotel and stolen that.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Marz

there's a shitty 10mm pistol lying near Van Bruggan in one of the hotel pods you can grab before you initiate the cutscene and give that to him. (oh, drop your good pistol before you pick that one up if you got it modded, then come back and get your good pistol after the scene.

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By vitor

@Marz said:

there's a shitty 10mm pistol lying near Van Bruggan in one of the hotel pods you can grab before you initiate the cutscene and give that to him. (oh, drop your good pistol before you pick that one up if you got it modded, then come back and get your good pistol after the scene.

Yeah, accidentally already picked that up for ammo as I'm way too thorough with searches...

Will buy the revolver from downstairs as suggested. Should do the trick!

DougQuaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DougQuaid
    @Vitor said:

@DougQuaid: There's a dude selling revolvers? Awesome, will check that out. Decided to do the side mission for Malik first, but at least now I know! You can't carry two 10mm (one upgraded and one not) can you? It just converts to ammo, right? Otherwise I would have knocked out the one armed guy in the brothel/hotel and stolen that.

Yeah, as soon you the enter that big commons area, make a left. There's a supply vendor set up in a room back there. 

Even if you have a pistol that is not stock, picking up any that you see laying around just gives you ammo.
    Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ravenlight

@OsvaldoMorenosaid:

Spoiler ( just in case )

As far as I know, he does not survive the fight even if you take the time to kill all the enemies in the area before they even get in the same room as him. At least that's what happened in my playtrought ( en e-mail in the TYM building said so...)

It might depend on what weapon you give him. I let him have a SMG and knocked out every enemy on my way out. Van Bruggen lived.

mpgeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mpgeist

I gave him a revolver and he gave me 2000 credits later.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.