Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 23, 2016

Following up two years after Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Mankind Divided sees Adam Jensen working to thwart a terrorist organization bent on promoting human augmentation. It serves as a prequel to Deus Ex, the first entry in the series.

101 of Mankind Divided & The Mechanical Apartheid Trailer

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By glots

Lengthy new trailer appeared, with AJ narrating how you can play the game how he could approach his targets.

Still looks fairly promising to me...and I still haven't replayed through Human Revolution! Sorta fortunate that this got pushed back, at least I can still try and make myself play the previous one to refresh my memory, even if I'm sure there's some recap feature in this one.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ive been thinking about trying the mod version of the original deus ex, I really liked the last one and this looks like more of that. Hopefully either no boss fights or revamped to allow for different playstyles this time.

cronus42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this is the first time they have put a number on the number of deaths at the end of the last game. 50 million people killed gives a good reason the population would hate augs so much. I really can not wait for August to come.

Digaumgrunge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Digaumgrunge
    glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's not JC, it's Adam Jensen.

Don't worry, I augmented my post. Granted, I wasn't thinking of Denton when I wrote that, but those initials came to mind first.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Time to replay Human Revolution!

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
    deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks great.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks really good! I enjoyed Human Revolution a lot so I have pretty high hopes for this.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I was a huge fan of Human Revolution and this looks equally cool.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That seems like another Human Revolution type game and I am 100% for it. I freakin' loved HR, can't wait to go back into that world with new stuff. I hope it's good (and that my machine can run it well). I also hope they don't go with the 'Malik is dead' choice though, because she was cool. Wonder what'll happen with all the other characters, now that I think about it.

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

That was a lot of story details. Hopefully that is just the first act of the story.

This looks good. I am looking forward to more of the last game. The upgrades seem a little too high tech to really be a prequel to the original Deus Ex, but I've always assumed this would go off in its own direction if it got popular enough. And that's fine. The original Deux Ex is one of my top 3 games of all time, and I'd hate for them to try to retcon it to fit it with a puzzle piece that no longer fits. Just let this be its own, awesome thing.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Looks great. I am curious about how they are presenting the scenario of the mission in the trailer. They make it seem like, based on the guy you are after, he reacts differently based on how you approach the mission(stealthy, guns blazzing, etc). I wonder if this will apply to all missions, and have situations where fucking a place up is actually the 'right' thing to do instead of stealth.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssully: yea, I hope that's the case. I loved Dishonored but one of the things I hated was that killing a lot of people meant you got the bad ending. I hope this game doesn't do that

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My conspiracies are augmented.

This honestly looks like more of Human Revolution with the developers having learnt from their errors. And there is nothing wrong with that at all.
    Here's hoping to non-out-sourced boss fights.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ok- the VO is still christain-bale-batman as fuuuuuuu-

but i ADORED Deus Ex: Human Revolution and this extended trailer seems to be that game, just going harder. they are absolutely killing it with the gold/black/triangles aesthetic.

man- i can already hear the arpeggiated synths in my head. #CHAN #AUGMENTED HYPE

redcream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By redcream

This game is looking real dope! And it's out relatively soon too so that's a plus. But there's not a lot of buzz around this game for some reason.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

I feel like this game has been in the process of coming out forever now.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My body is ready, but my PC might not be. Slim hope that it'll be offered as a freebee when the new GPUs come out, preferably with Nvidia GPUs.

Maluvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Looks really damn good.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Ezekiel

I'll just repeat what I said on another forum: Considering it's been five years, this looks like one of the laziest sequels ever. This is why I rarely buy games anymore. There's no creativity. It's the same flaws over and over. It's all really safe. The devs just copy a formula instead of dissecting it and seeing what could be replaced or done better, and we get to play the same games forever. I wouldn't have even brought Adam Jensen back.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By NTM

Awesome. I love Deus Ex. I beat Human Revolutions a bunch of times, bought the director's cut on both Wii U and PC, but only beat the PC version of that version. The first Deus Ex I got was Invisible War around the time it came out on Xbox. I played it a bit, but didn't get far; farthest was just out of Seattle. I bought the first on PC in 2009, and played about half of it, but didn't go through it then, so I had played Human Revolution a handful of times throughout the few years already before I finished the first. Bought Invisible War on PC late 2014 (a month prior to getting the Director's Cut on Steam); tried it once, and quit for some time. I went through both the first and Invisible War early or late 2015 (not sure which), and loved both games.

The end of Invisible War though, I didn't like too much. I loved going back to Liberty Island that was the beginning of the first Deus Ex, but all the endings were really depressing. I also felt JC Denton and Paul turned into more of a villain, and so I killed them, and Leo Jankowski turned on me after I did so. He planned on helping me take them down, but I either didn't know how to trigger him to not attack me after, or there was a story reason behind it. So in the end, the original protagonist gets killed by me, and everyone turns into cyber people or whatever. It was the happiest choice I could find, but still not ideal. I like the worlds built in these games.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mellotronrules: I don't get the criticism, because that's his real voice (Elias Toufexis, the person that voices Jensen), so there is no Batman/Bale voice trickery here. That said, there are some voices in here that aren't especially strong. In Human Revolution, is was good enough though.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ntm said:

@mellotronrules: I don't get the criticism, because that's his real voice (Elias Toufexis, the person that voices Jensen), so there is no Batman/Bale voice trickery here. That said, there are some voices in here that aren't especially strong. In Human Revolution, is was good enough though.

i guess i just would have gone with a different voice actor then? it's just a matter of taste- it's not like it's going to prevent me from playing the game (i loved human revolution).

The_Tribunal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By Onemanarmyy

@ntm: Personally, I don't mind if it's his real voice or not. The voice actor adds nothing to the game for me.

Human Revolution's dialogs felt like Jensen was droning his script to the other NPC's. A lot of the dialog scenes also lacked any atmospheric sounds or background music. A shame , considering the music is actually good quality. There were just too many dry dialogue scenes where there was nothing going on except for the nihilist dry droning sound of Jensen's voice.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doesn't this one take place 2 years after HR? Oh man, wonder if we'll see baby JC Denton. I'm sure they'll at least reference him in some way.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ntm said:

i guess i just would have gone with a different voice actor then? it's just a matter of taste- it's not like it's going to prevent me from playing the game (i loved human revolution).

As someone who hated bales Batman voice I actually really like Adam Jensen's grizzled everything is fucked voice. Then again I liked Geralt's voice too. Some people have deep voices but when someone who doesnt tries to force it out it can end up quite cringe inducing.

This game still looks great, I find it kind of funny he outright stated 'the people i'm working for might not be trustworthy' has there ever been a Deus Ex game where the company you worked for didnt try and betray you? (I didnt play that ipad game, maby those guys were legit?)

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By NTM

@onemanarmyy: I was just saying, regardless of liking it or not, that's his real voice. Human Revolution had what I consider fine voice acting, some reaching to good, but overall it wasn't great. A lot of mediocre sounding voices for sure.

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

Is it just me or does Adam Jensen look like Keanu Reeves?

Anyhow can't wait for this, had a blast playing Human Revolution!

extintor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#30  Edited By extintor

I wouldn't be upset, or even disappointed if they released another game using exactly the same engine, game play and graphics as DX:HR. Naturally I'm hoping for improvement but mostly I'm looking forward to another intriguing cyberpunk story in the Deus Ex universe that allows me to approach and pass through it in multiple ways. As long as they deliver on that then I'll be playing this.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@ezekiel said:

I'll just repeat what I said on another forum: Considering it's been five years, this looks like one of the laziest sequels ever. This is why I rarely buy games anymore. There's no creativity. It's the same flaws over and over. It's all really safe. The devs just copy a formula instead of dissecting it and seeing what could be replaced or done better, and we get to play the same games forever. I wouldn't have even brought Adam Jensen back.

What do you mean by this? We have no idea of the scope of the game, no idea what it involves, and it looks like there's a lot of different things your actions can affect. We hardly have enough details about anything in the game to call it "lazy".

Is it probably more Deus Ex? Yeah, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's lazy, safe, or the same game again. Wait for release before making such judgments.

Meanwhile, I really like Deus Ex Human Revolution and I will take a more polished sequel to that.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some hammy live-action trailer extravagazanza.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-63c06c6e81315
    deactivated-63c06c6e81315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

There's a twitch stream going on, right now they're showing some spinoff game mode (I think?). Also, Deus Ex Go (mobile game) was announced.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#34  Edited By Cirdain

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.