Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 23, 2016

Following up two years after Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Mankind Divided sees Adam Jensen working to thwart a terrorist organization bent on promoting human augmentation. It serves as a prequel to Deus Ex, the first entry in the series.

Non-lethally take out exosuit heavies?

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Is there a way to non-lethally take down the heavy enemies wearing exosuits without being detected?

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By impartialgecko

Shoot them with an EMP round and then do a non-lethal takedown?

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Thanks, now I feel really dumb! I haven't even used any weapons other than the tranq rifle up to this point.

Crommi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Word of warning to other pacifists: Non-lethal takedown can sometimes kill the target.

I noticed this last night after knocking out a non-combatant (technician) during early story missions. For some reason, takedown was lethal for that NPC but fortunately stun-gun and tranq-dark worked as intended, so make sure to check the status of each person you've knocked out. I've probably ruined my pacifist-run at this point because I noticed this by the time I was already 10h into the game. I tested this later on civilians on the streets but they survived the same move just fine, so I'm not sure what's going on. Maybe it's something to do with positioning, for example getting killed by physics after released from the animation (like getting crushed against environment).

ascagnel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@crommi said:

Word of warning to other pacifists: Non-lethal takedown can sometimes kill the target.

I noticed this last night after knocking out a non-combatant (technician) during early story missions. For some reason, takedown was lethal for that NPC but fortunately stun-gun and tranq-dark worked as intended, so make sure to check the status of each person you've knocked out. I've probably ruined my pacifist-run at this point because I noticed this by the time I was already 10h into the game. I tested this later on civilians on the streets but they survived the same move just fine, so I'm not sure what's going on. Maybe it's something to do with positioning, for example getting killed by physics after released from the animation (like getting crushed against environment).

I've noticed that if the animation gets out-of-sync with the target's character model (eg Jensen punches the floor or wall instead of the target), the target will probably be killed by clipping into geometry.

DiamondDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Stun gun then non lethal takedown

dietmango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

User Lists: 13

@dharmabum: I know this has been answered already, but yeah, EMP shot + non-lethal takedown works. Animation looks brutal too:

Loading Video...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.