Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 23, 2016

Following up two years after Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Mankind Divided sees Adam Jensen working to thwart a terrorist organization bent on promoting human augmentation. It serves as a prequel to Deus Ex, the first entry in the series.

This game just pupped me

Anund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Anund

Well... I am at a point where I have to jump back several hours to an earlier save or accept that I failed to do a side quest which I was considering fairly important. I hate when games funnel you into a story quest which will lock you out from completing side quests without warning you first.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By mordukai

Playing the Souls games and Bloodborne pretty much immunized me from getting upset about a failed or uncompleted side quests. Just keep moving on. If you feel that strongly about this side quest then going back several hours shouldn't be that much a deterrent.

Learn for next time.

Anund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mordukai said:

Playing the Souls games and Bloodborne pretty much immunized me from failed or uncompleted side quests. Just keep moving on. If you feel that strongly about this side quest then going back several hours shouldn't be that much a deterrent.

Learn for next time.

The other option is to log back in to World of Warships. I am going for that option.

guanophobic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anund: Also a solution. Go clear your head and come back to it with a fresh mindset.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mordukai
    bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By bybeach

I kind of do know how to take it, but the game did a bit of that to me. To put it in perspective, I only knew it outright because of Jeff's play, though I could and did figure it out, also. And I even confronted the guy, then went around the corner and that killed it. Fucking Asshole guy was too busy on the phone :( ...

I also notice the game has a sense of humor. Crack up hearing about the Machine god, and a mission of sorts straight out of Fallout.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

I just beat the game this morning, out of curiosity, which side quest has caused you this pain?

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Where did the use of 'pup' and 'pupped' come from because I only see it here. A certain UPF or Quick Look?

Lanechanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I came in expecting puppies... no, not correct.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@paulmako said:

Where did the use of 'pup' and 'pupped' come from because I only see it here. A certain UPF or Quick Look?

I'm guessing at a certain point a moderator changed fuck to pup, could've been Rorie (would make sense) but I dont actually know.

Also, which side quest are we talking about here? I thought the game was pretty good at warning you first.

Anund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Anund

I was supposed to "take care" of some guy in the aug slums, but never found him. I finally figured he was inside the ARC complex, but no, no he wasn't. And when you finish the ARC complex you are unable to go back to the aug slum. Also, the ARC complex was not a very fun area so the idea of having to do that over again is not very enticing to me.

And yes, some moderator rephrased the title to shield the innocent.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BoOzak

@anund: Ah right, quest for the mobster guy? He was right outside one of the entrances to arc if I remember. (some kind of merchant) Sucks that you have to redo that but one bright side is theres a lot of ways of doing things in this game. I often find when I have to do redo shit in games for whatever reason I do way better and end up getting things I missed.

godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

I got pupped on an achievement (that's catchy). I beat the game without killing anyone and at the my stats said I killed two people out of 500 or so. It was such a bummer.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Or, you know, just kill Otar in the beginning of the game like I did and steal the quest item. That works too.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godzilla_sushi: Damn, played HR not too long ago leading up to this and had the same problem. Apparently tranq darts can kill? In the last game at least, dont know about this one.

Did you destroy the helicopter in the beginning? I think that counts as a kill.

@stonyman65: Then you'd just rob yourself of two quests that would give you more xp. (the second quest is actually pretty good)

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mems1224

I thought this was gonna be a thread about the sick dog puns in the game

No Caption Provided

poobumbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I don't think I've ever encountered this term (pupped) when referring to this unfortunate twist of fate.

Regardless, here's a moment of silence for being unlucky enough to run into this horrible game trend. Maybe devs think it will be too "gamey" to just have a message: "Hey, if you do this mission, you're gonna leave the area and sidequests will be dropped. Beware." But any relief and appreciation I feel at these times - even if I DID finish all SQs, it still feels nice, like the game is lookin' out for me - far outweighs any contrivances it brings.

godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

@boozak said:

@godzilla_sushi: Damn, played HR not too long ago leading up to this and had the same problem. Apparently tranq darts can kill? In the last game at least, dont know about this one.

Did you destroy the helicopter in the beginning? I think that counts as a kill.

@stonyman65: Then you'd just rob yourself of two quests that would give you more xp. (the second quest is actually pretty good)

Maybe I did, now that you mention it. I hadn't considered the vehicle to be a way to kill anyone but that checks out. All I can do is shake my head at this point. I RedBox'ed the game for two days and completed almost everything. It wasn't until the end credits that I realized my own mistake. I'll sure as hell be on the top of my friends leaderboard in the achievements app for non-lethal kills for a long time! That's the problem with these hyped up games....you want to get in on the zeitgeist and sometimes that backfires. I also bought No Man's Sky on PC so I'm having a rough go of it. Need that Forza Horizon 3 to wash the taste out! :D

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By NTM

I saved like, every five minutes or so. It wasn't easy for me to miss any, though I was always slightly hesitant to move on when the prompt came up asking that if I really wanted to move on, since it will lock any side missions in progress. In the last hour or so of the game, that's when I checked if I had missed anything, and I had only missed two of the point of interests where you give people neuropozyne, which is nothing important really. I'm curious how you ran into it, and which side mission. Did you check to see if you missed anything like myself, and noticed you actually did, now you are bummed out that you didn't do it? To be honest, nothing in it is that important.

Edit - Never mind, read the reply of what you were talking about. Yeah, don't worry about it.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By RonGalaxy

It would make much more sense to edit profanity with *'s, but instead the dumb pup thing caught on... And I'm completely fine with that.

Anyway, locking quests out is one of the most infuriating things in gaming. I get that some games have to do it for story reasons, but at least let it be playable after you finish the game. It can't be that hard to implement a feature where you can play/revisit quests regardless of story decisions.

Arabes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Arabes

@rongalaxy: Nah, I don't think it should be playable. Certainly not in every game. If you miss it you miss it. That's they way your story goes and you move on. I've started playing playing everything in iron man mode (I play a lot of strategy games) and have found the it to be incredibly liberating. I used to obsess over getting every mission etc and now I realise that it really doesn't matter. I have never come across a piece of content that actually warranted the amount of effort I put in to ensuring I did it all.

Oh, and never say 'it can't be that hard to implement a feature' unless you are a programmer. Sometimes it is really hard implement seemingly simple things for reasons that are both obscure and ridiculous.

Anund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Anund
    IroN1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People you tranq'd or have taken down will die if they fall off a thing, hit their head or some other nonsense. If you're going for a no-kill playthrough make sure it shows the "zzz" symbol when you take their stuff instead of the skull icon.

I got pupped on an achievement (that's catchy). I beat the game without killing anyone and at the my stats said I killed two people out of 500 or so. It was such a bummer.

@boozak said:

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@boozak said:

I know. I screwed up the conversation, reloaded, accidentally deleted my save, and then screwed up again with no alternative. So then I got pissed off and decided to just go in a blast everyone. I'll hit those quests on the second playthough lol

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't played this game (yet) but I feel for you. If the game has no warnings or some "lore friendly" clear dialogue saying that there is no going back, it's pretty ruinous for my experience.

Someone mentioned Dark Souls immunizing them to being pupped; it's different in the case of Dark Souls since the entire game is made to pup you and you're very likely not there solely for the story.

VooDooPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By VooDooPC

@geirr said:

I haven't played this game (yet) but I feel for you. If the game has no warnings or some "lore friendly" clear dialogue saying that there is no going back, it's pretty ruinous for my experience.

Someone mentioned Dark Souls immunizing them to being pupped; it's different in the case of Dark Souls since the entire game is made to pup you and you're very likely not there solely for the story.

There are two points in the game where a popup tells you to go back and complete secondary missions because if you continue they will no longer be available.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.