Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Jun 18, 2015

A remastering of Capcom's fourth Devil May Cry game featuring 3 additional playable characters, enhanced graphics and balance tweaks.

DMC4 Special Edition Trailer is OUT!

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

It looks pretty amazing. I own the original for the 360, but how can I resist playing as the entire DMC3 cast?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

No Caption Provided

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't think I had to beat this a 7th time. But alas, $25 and everything ever has me sold.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

I remember DMC4 came out a few weeks before my birthday. I was mega hype, to say the least. I had bought the DMC collection for PS2 and played DMC3 for fucking ever. I didn't care for 1 or 2 but 3 was the dopest shit.

I get to Gamestop and they are sold out of the standard edition of the game, but they do have the collectors edition, used, for like $55. Cheaper than the regular version of the game. The story was, some guy bought the game, opened it up, was disappointed for some reason or another and fucking sold it right then and there. So it was used in name alone.

I played it. I loved it. And to quote,

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Ezekiel

I saw a Trish gameplay video and it looked lazy. They just gave her Dante's Pandora box and the Sparta sword, even though they don't really suit her. And the sword looks stupid attached to her half bare back. Her alternate self, Gloria, would have been a better playable character for a hack and slash game. Lady shouldn't be in a hack and slash. She was a gunslinger in DMC3. I also preferred her DMC3 design. Vergil looks like the best new addition, but I don't want to play through those same levels again and I already played as him in 3. So this new addition doesn't have anything for me.

I still don't like DMC4.

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Aside from SOMA, this is my most hyped game right now.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I continue to be baffled by the fact that Capcom made this. This is so unlike their more recent behaviour.

Maybe they realised how they alienated their fanbase.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By what? Rebooting a franchise they had made four games of? Maybe that fanbase didn't pony up enough to keep the series viable?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I just want to see the critical reaction to it. Obviously a large portion of oldschool fans were not able to look past certain elements of DmC to enjoy it. DMC4 was heavily criticized at the time of release and a portion of that fanbase came around to it for the combat alone a while later. There is yet another portion of the fans that only enjoy DMC3 to this day.

So this is a re-release of an old game that a portion of a portion of the fanbase should technically enjoy - but at the end of the day they're still being asked to buy the same game again (albeit wiht some extras) so it almost feels like no matter what happens - as Jeff would say - it's a suck-ass situation all around.

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By TwoLines

I really, REALLY liked DMC1 and 3. But DMC4? I'd rather play the DmC reboot, thank you very much (that's not a slight, I like the reboot).

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I like the reboot more than DMC1. On par with DMC3.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Canteu

DMC4 is my favourite in the series, so can't wait for this. Still not out til June though :(

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

This is gonna be fuuuuuun. DMC 4 remains the best playing out of all the games, so I'm definitely getting some time out of these new characters.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks great. I definitely could see an argument for DMC4 being my favorite of the old games(DmC is my favorite of the series overall), so I'm quite excited for this.

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I still need to get around to playing the rest of the games before I even get to this one!

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The combat is DMC4 is the best it ever was and the MT Framework engine is really putting in work.

Crysack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shindig said:

By what? Rebooting a franchise they had made four games of? Maybe that fanbase didn't pony up enough to keep the series viable?

Given that DMC4 is the 11th most successful Capcom game ever, right behind SFIV at number 10, I don't think that was the case.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@crysack: Street Fighter is the most popular fighting game franchise in the whole world and yet apparently Capcom couldn't develop the next one without Sony's financial help. Go figure.

Catarrhal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adequatelyprepared said:

Maybe they realised how they alienated their fanbase.

Let's keep in mind that the Ninja Theory game only sold ten copies. Is there a chance that Capcom's looking to get the series back on track? Ninja Theory certainly ain't poised to do a sequel.

I do feel bad for Ninja Theory, though. They're a talented developer who's never had a hit, and Enslaved was pretty damn excellent; that game deserved a sequel.

Immortal_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aside from adding in new characters, I hope the actually make Dante fun to play in this one. In DMC4 Rebellion and Gilgamesh were basically just stripped-down versions of weapons from 3, and his new weapons (Lucifer, Pandora's Box and particularly the Dark Slayer style) seemed really slight. I mean, the Dark Slayer style had literally 4 attacks, two of which were the same thing just at different ranges! I hope Vergil's Dark Slayer is a little more expanded...

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

New trailer showcasing the pallet swap costumes. The Devil May Cry team showing more respect for the reboot than Ninja Theory ever showed for the original.

No Caption Provided

Please. Ninja Theory were making their own version of Dante and the Story of Devil May Cry. This continuous bitter outlook at Ninja Theory from fans is just childish at this point. Just let it go already.

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

@demoskinos: I'm not talking about the game itself, I'm talking about Tameem talking about how lame original Dante was and how he didn't give a shit what fans thought. That single image I posted evokes DmC more than anything in DmC evoked the original DMCs, other than the infamous not in a million years scene, which sure as hell didn't feel like it was celebrating the franchise's past.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#25  Edited By Yummylee

@TechnoSyndrome said:

@demoskinos: I'm not talking about the game itself, I'm talking about Tameem talking about how lame original Dante was and how he didn't give a shit what fans thought. That single image I posted evokes DmC more than anything in DmC evoked the original DMCs, other than the infamous not in a million years scene, which sure as hell didn't feel like it was celebrating the franchise's past.

DmC added in DLC costumes of classic Dante's DMC1 and DMC3 outfits (EDIT: Which also makes the 'million years' cutscene look all the dumber), as well as Vergil's DMC3 outfit as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.