Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Devil May Cry 4

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 31, 2008

The fourth game in the popular Capcom action franchise, Devil May Cry. Take on the role of new playable character Nero, as he uses his swanky demon arm to beat the hell out of a demon invasion in the castle town of Fortuna.

No mid-level saves/checkpoints ? What is this i dont even.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By AhmadMetallic

you CANT stop playing the game if you've already started a level... because next time you play the game you're gonna have to start from the beginning of said level !!  you can only save the level you reached but when you load, it loads from the beginning of that level and not from where u left the game in the middle of that level...  i mean i could be close to the end of that level, but have to leave or the game crashed or anything, and theres no way to save my progress mid-level.. what the fuck ?

How can this even be possible in a game? its insane !

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Kazona

From what I remember, all DMC games have been like that. It's never bothered me with DMC4 because the levels aren't all that long.

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By asurastrike
    Just wait till you get halfway through the game and you have to backtrack through every single level, and re-fight every single boss.
    WitchHunter_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By WitchHunter_Z

You've been spoilt by checkpoint systems, theres nothing wrong at all about only having end of level saves. Besides, the game is made more challenging with the inability to just reload a checkpoint halfway through after death.

AlphaZro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By AlphaZro

there is a save in the pause options, bu that's more for the stuff you have and not where you are...relax besides like someone else said the levels aren't super long.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By GunstarRed

japan.... they dont quite get it yet... It's my biggest annoyance with a lot of old fashioned games from japan in that they still insist on manual saving. although DMC4 gets away with better than others because the levels are really short and the game on a  whole is pretty easy compared to other games in the series.

Avatar image for psyborg0815--DEFUNCT
    psyborg0815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By psyborg0815

The levels are short and take you about 10 Minutes. There's no need for a bazillion checkpoints.

Avatar image for outofbounds9000
    OutOfBounds9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By OutOfBounds9000
    @Kazona said:
    " From what I remember, all DMC games have been like that. It's never bothered me with DMC4 because the levels aren't all that long. "
    So true.
    mhkjtha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By mhkjtha

HAAAARDCORE

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.