Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Devil's Third

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Aug 04, 2015

An action game by Valhalla Game Studios, headed by ex-Tecmo producer Tomonobu Itagaki. It was published by Nintendo as a Wii U exclusive.

So, what happened to this?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

You guys remember Devil's Third? That new action game that Tomonobu Itagaki was working on at his new studio after giving Tecmo the finger? The game that THQ was supposed to publish and then dropped when it became apparent that they were circling the financial drain?

Has anyone heard anything on this game of late?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@hailinel: The last I heard was that Itagaki got the publishing rights back from THQ before they went under so... if he is actively seeking a publisher or not is up in the air. At this point I expect either it gets canceled or they just flat out decided that they were going to change gears and release on Next gen.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

Didn't Bethesda pick it up or am I thinking of something else

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animasta said:

Didn't Bethesda pick it up or am I thinking of something else

You're thinking of something else.

@hailinel: The last I heard was that Itagaki got the publishing rights back from THQ before they went under so... if he is actively seeking a publisher or not is up in the air. At this point I expect either it gets canceled or they just flat out decided that they were going to change gears and release on Next gen.

Yeah, next gen might end up being in the cards, assuming that the game hasn't been cancelled entirely. I'm curious to know what's going on with it.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

I imagine it was picked up by someone new and by the time all the logistical stuff of the THQ thing was put behind them it just made sense to wait, work on it for new consoles and then at some point they'll have some grand re-introduction on PS4/XONE.

That or it's dead as heck

stubbleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Here's something to chew on. It's from early October, and it's pretty much the latest I've heard on the game recently.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's something to chew on. It's from early October, and it's pretty much the latest I've heard on the game recently.

All very interesting, if true. Thanks for the link!

stubbleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel: I really hope it gets the chance to come out. God knows that trailer wasn't exactly a lot to go on, but the game looks like something I'd really like to try. It feels like games that honestly push you to be better at games are a real rarity anymore. And from what I saw of developer interviews and stuff, it really looked like they might have another Platinum Games type of environment over there at Valhalla Studio. It'd be real shitty to see all that potential lost because of some fucking uDraw tablets.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Avatar image for deactivated-58b79d22eb7ed
    deactivated-58b79d22eb7ed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Day 1. Itagaki forever.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.