Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo II: Lord of Destruction

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Jun 29, 2001

Diablo II: Lord of Destruction features a new act and 2 new character classes, the Assassin and the Druid, as well as new items.

Let's Play Diablo II Co-Op

Avatar image for deactivated-5cdb69f34ac28
    deactivated-5cdb69f34ac28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

I have been thinking about this a while, but I highly doubt I will ever be able to get this organized enough among my friends to do it.

However, has anyone ever thought about doing a 7-players Let's Play of Diablo II? Each players picks one class, and you go through the entire game on normal with that class. I can easily seeing the problem arise of people not having time, fighting over who gets to be who, and some people rushing. Obviously, guidelines and order would need to be in place.

In my fairytale world, people could be split into multiple teams. For example, the Barbarian, Amazon, and Druid could be one team, Paladin and Sorceress a second, and Necromancer and Assassin a third. Each team could have specific quests to complete, and voice chat would be enabled between the teams. Additionally, at least one person on each team would be recording.

Actually, now that I think about it, why not just have those teams work separately, and when it comes time to fight the final boss in each act, they work together? That is another alternative that I hadn't thought up before...

Regardless, this is incredibly complicated and it would probably never work, but it would be cool if someone could pull that off.

What do you guys think? The whole reason I even thought of this is because I was watching 3 people play Hexen and it was pretty awesome...

Edit: Necromancer/Paladin and Assassin/Sorceress might be a better pairing, now that I think about it.

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Mmmslash

If you did that, if you all were in the server, each doing a separate quest so you could get through it faster, the mobs would be suited for 8 players, not the two in each team. It would be extraordinarily more difficult.

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By tunaburn

especially putting necromancer and assassin together. not the strongest pair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mmmslash said:

" If you did that, if you all were in the server, each doing a separate quest so you could get through it faster, the mobs would be suited for 8 players, not the two in each team. It would be extraordinarily more difficult. "

I am aware of this. =) That would be part of the fun. Plus, you gain more XP and people would be around level 35+ when it came time to kill Baal.

Then again, I am someone who played Torchlight on Very Hard from the start, mostly because I know how to play that sort of game thanks to Diablo II.

@tunaburn

said:

" especially putting necromancer and assassin together. not the strongest pair "

What you talkin' 'bout? Necromancers are incredibly powerful. Then again, I stuck with Necro... Paladin/Necro would also be an option, since the minions could benefit from that (though I played a Bone Necro, not a Minion Master).
    Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Deusoma

Sounds like fun, gotta say. I never played D2 online back in the day, I didn't realize there was still much interest in it. Though I suppose it's not that surprising, it is a Blizzard game. 

Brings back good memories of my defencive Paladin.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this were to happen, I think IP connections would be best - mostly to help prevent random people from entering, and to reduce the chance of trading/banning (who knows what someone would do).

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By eroticfishcake

Sounds like fun alright. I'd love to join in on your shenanigans but I can't since I've got exams to do soon. Good luck with it though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.