Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

2011 release? Blizz says they "are on the homestretch".

unchained

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By unchained
    Source.

They say they are in crunch and on the homestretch, but they refuse to nail down a release date. Still, it leaves me hopeful. 

Though I don't think the hype receptors in my brain could withstand a holiday season with both Skyrim and Diablo III released in the same quarter. 
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By KaosAngel

Homestretch by Blizzard means late 2012.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Yeah,i definitely understand why they won't announce it. Its been 10 years since the expansion, and now Blizzard comes along: "Diablo 3, release date 2015"   -_-

thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By thehexeditor

Hahaha..

No.

Shit's not coming out till some time next year.
    Blizzard game design- polish a diamond until it becomes dust.

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By phrosnite

I'm thinking early next year.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By pweidman
    @phrosnite said:
    "I'm thinking early next year. "

Agreed.  Late winter, early spring sounds more plausible.  They seem close though to me, but they do love to polish games to no end.  Double edged sword so to say.  But w/so much good coming this fall/winter, next year would be better for me anyway, lol.
    blueduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By blueduck

Beta will be announced at Blizzcon. 

Crono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Crono

Well, under the current management of Activision-Blizzard, Blizzard has agreed to release at minimum 1 title per year. Last year they released 2 titles, Cataclysm and StarCraft 2. Not only this, but according to the leaked timeline (which you can see below) Diablo 3 is expected to release in Q4 of this year (along with a StarCraft 2 expansion and some other mystery SC2 project). If Blizzard meets their Q2 goal of releasing the map market for SC2 then I will have a lot more faith in these leaked documents. I think that they will because they were touting Blizzard DOTA at Blizzcon and players have been anxiously anticipating it ever since. I think that they will use that particular map/mod as the flagship of the marketplace. It will be free, but it will release alongside the marketplace so that the marketplace announcement will garner more attention.

That's just my 2 cents... here's the timeline I spoke of - please notice the disclaimer at the bottom. The timeline was purportedly leaked when an executive from Blizzard's China division left the company. One of the big-wigs left the company and took company secrets with him and this one leaked out... that's the story, but of course who knows what to believe. It is from a year ago so I am sure plenty has moved around...

No Caption Provided
    Edit: Hmmm, then again, maybe Blizzard has reneged on that commitment.

According to VG247 in an earnings call that took place back in February of this year,

CFO Thomas Tippl said during the financial call to investors, that the company’s outlook of 2011 does not include a new Blizzard game, but instead expects the developer to release two titles in 2012 – possibly the new MMO and Diablo III – but no one would confirm which titles when asked by numerous analysts on the call. 

Blizzard is good for one major release a year, it was explained, and the firm wanted to wait on a Diablo III release this year, because quality matters to Blizzard above anything else. If the game happened to release this year, it would be because Blizzard believed it to be ready, but don’t expect it.
    So, I guess really, who the fuck knows. Blizzard is being Blizzard. Release it when it's done. When is that? "Soon."
    Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

2014 confirmed then.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RE_Player1

I say early next year. They could release it on any day and get millions to buy it so why would Activision want to release it during holiday to compete with their other games? Start the next quarter with a bang. 

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By cornbredx

I'm still hesitantly looking forward to it. To be honest I really want this game but at the same time I'm afraid it won't be anything new or exciting for the franchise and will make everyone wonder what the point was (as its not like Starcraft- this is a genre that's been cloned to death for years so it does need some kind of innovation).

I don't know, we'll see. I do still intend to get it- again I'm just worried. Can't help it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d8bd173e1e3b
    deactivated-5d8bd173e1e3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They will probably announce it at Blizzcon for November release. Than I will literally poop my dick because Skyrim and D3 would be out. I'd honestly be set for LIFE.

RedGinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RedGinn

We are so close now. I dont see why they shouldnt release it this year.

YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By YoungFrey

Amidst the press recently, it mostly went under the radar where they said they won't announce a release date until 3-4 months before it comes out.  So they kind of need to get on the ball if they are going to make this year.    Since the beta has not yet begun.  I'm sure they would love an holiday release, but early 2012 is still fiscal 2011 and that is what really matters to investors.    And being post holiday means less competition (sometimes, and probably less big competition). 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.