Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

4th Character Class Revleaved... Kinda

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Luke

EDIT:  Whoops, misspelled  the Thread Title, it should be:

*** 4th Character Class Revealed... Kinda ***

Blizzard's Korean Site put-up the fourth Diablo III Character Class, for a few minutes, prematurely just nowish...

http://kr.blizzard.com/diablo3/characters    

They have since taken it down, but here is a screenshot of it, before hand:   

4 Character Classes
    4 Character Classes

Any guess on what it could be?  A Monk or something perhaps? 
    ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By ez123

Ok, so it's Barb, Witch Doctor(Necro), Wizard(Sorc) and Monk(Pally). Last character will have arrows and javelins.

CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By CowMuffins

Blizzard sure does know how to revleaved things.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By breadfan

I'm pumped for Diablo III, but when I think Diablo I don't picture the two newest character classes fitting at all

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Luke
    @ez123 said:
    " I didn't even know there was a 3rd class. There's Barb, Wizard and Crown Lady? "

Barb, Witch Doctor, and Wizard (Lady). 

@CowMuffins said:
    " Blizzard sure does know how to revleaved things. "
    Sorry, was trying to submit this kinda fast-like.  

2 Features GB needs = 
    1. Topic Creator being able to rename their Forum Topic Title, if within 1 day of posting. 
    2. Spell Check Feature on Topic Title :p  
    Anyway, what kind of class do you guys think the Monk looking dude is? 
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mordukai

I'll be more interested in Diablo III Blizzard stopped bitching about they can't develop games for consoles. I really don't know if it's laziness, lack of talent, or simply their hate/hate relationship with consoles. I am sure it's not lack of talent because they they do have that. Its not a question of money for sure. So what's the dealio? Look at Bioware and Crytek. Two very well well known PC developer making games for consoles. It almost seems to me that Blizzard are pulling a Gabe Newell  of sorts. What I mean is that it's not like they are trying to develop for consoles and are having difficulties, they are not even trying it on an experimental level.  

I am not trying to bash Blizzard. I just wish they'd venture outside the PC gaming and make games for consoles. There are more then 54 million console gamer between the 360 and PS3 and I really don't understand why they are just ignoring that market. 

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By ryanwho

Idunno, seems like it could work on consoles. If adventure games and RTSs can make it work, a point and click dungeon crawl shouldn't be a problem.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mordukai
    @dcpc10 said:
    " @Mordukai said:
    " I'll be more interested in Diablo III Blizzard stopped bitching about they can't develop games for consoles. I really don't know if it's laziness, lack of talent, or simply their hate/hate relationship with consoles. I am sure it's not lack of talent because they they do have that. Its not a question of money for sure. So what's the dealio? Look at Bioware and Crytek. Two very well well known PC developer making games for consoles. It almost seems to me that Blizzard are pulling a Gabe Newell  of sorts. What I mean is that it's not like they are trying to develop for consoles and are having difficulties, they are not even trying it on an experimental level.   I am not trying to bash Blizzard. I just wish they'd venture outside the PC gaming and make games for consoles. There are more then 54 million console gamer between the 360 and PS3 and I really don't understand why they are just ignoring that market.  "
    I can't imagine controlling a game like Diablo on a console, it seems like Blizzard has a good reason for not bringing it to consoles. Valve on the other hand is a different story. "
    It pretty much comes down to the whole Gamepad vs. K&M controller. Though I don't see why it should be a problem, the PS3 natively supports K&M and a few games do support. It's MS that are being dicks about that whole issue. They are pretty strict about which accessories will be used for playing 360 games. Every time I read interviews with Blizzard's high brass about that issue you'll always get the same answer and its always about "input devices" which is basically saying "No K&M, then fuck em'". I also think that it's an issue of money. I think they don't want to pay the royalties for console games.  

I think a game like diablo would work on a gamepad just fine. It's just a matter of balancing and a little bit of extra sweat. It just seems to me that Blizzard just don't want to even try doing it, and thats a damn shame. 
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By PureRok
    @dcpc10 said:
    " @Mordukai said:
    " @dcpc10 said:
    " @Mordukai said:
    " I'll be more interested in Diablo III Blizzard stopped bitching about they can't develop games for consoles. I really don't know if it's laziness, lack of talent, or simply their hate/hate relationship with consoles. I am sure it's not lack of talent because they they do have that. Its not a question of money for sure. So what's the dealio? Look at Bioware and Crytek. Two very well well known PC developer making games for consoles. It almost seems to me that Blizzard are pulling a Gabe Newell  of sorts. What I mean is that it's not like they are trying to develop for consoles and are having difficulties, they are not even trying it on an experimental level.   I am not trying to bash Blizzard. I just wish they'd venture outside the PC gaming and make games for consoles. There are more then 54 million console gamer between the 360 and PS3 and I really don't understand why they are just ignoring that market.  "
    I can't imagine controlling a game like Diablo on a console, it seems like Blizzard has a good reason for not bringing it to consoles. Valve on the other hand is a different story. "
    It pretty much comes down to the whole Gamepad vs. K&M controller. Though I don't see why it should be a problem, the PS3 natively supports K&M and a few games do support. It's MS that are being dicks about that whole issue. They are pretty strict about which accessories will be used for playing 360 games. Every time I read interviews with Blizzard's high brass about that issue you'll always get the same answer and its always about "input devices" which is basically saying "No K&M, then fuck em'". I also think that it's an issue of money. I think they don't want to pay the royalties for console games.   I think a game like diablo would work on a gamepad just fine. It's just a matter of balancing and a little bit of extra sweat. It just seems to me that Blizzard just don't want to even try doing it, and thats a damn shame.  "
    I have to agree I'd probably get the game on my PS3 if they ported it with K&M support, but wow, the 360 doesn't have K&M support??!!! What the hell, MS just doesn't make sense at all sometimes. "
    They released Diablo for the PS1, so it's not "lack of talent" (lolwut?).
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mordukai
    @PureRok said:
    " @dcpc10 said:
    " @Mordukai said:
    " @dcpc10 said:
    " @Mordukai said:
    It pretty much comes down to the whole Gamepad vs. K&M controller. Though I don't see why it should be a problem, the PS3 natively supports K&M and a few games do support. It's MS that are being dicks about that whole issue. They are pretty strict about which accessories will be used for playing 360 games. Every time I read interviews with Blizzard's high brass about that issue you'll always get the same answer and its always about "input devices" which is basically saying "No K&M, then fuck em'". I also think that it's an issue of money. I think they don't want to pay the royalties for console games.   I think a game like diablo would work on a gamepad just fine. It's just a matter of balancing and a little bit of extra sweat. It just seems to me that Blizzard just don't want to even try doing it, and thats a damn shame.  "
    I have to agree I'd probably get the game on my PS3 if they ported it with K&M support, but wow, the 360 doesn't have K&M support??!!! What the hell, MS just doesn't make sense at all sometimes. "
    They released Diablo for the PS1, so it's not "lack of talent" (lolwut?). "
    If you read my ENTIRE post they you would have noticed that I discounted that explanation as invalid.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.