Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

Anyone else accidentally sold their Staff of Herding?

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

I spent the better part of 6 hours getting all of the crap you need to craft a Staff of Herding (it's white, wtf is it white?). I went in a couple of times with my barbarian, then went off to do other stuff. At some point apparently I was going click crazy at a vendor getting rid of crap, and I sold it. I dunno when or to which vendor, but it's gone now. Disgusted with myself over it and disgusted with Blizzard for allowing it and not making it a color that would stand out as something special that I shouldn't sell. The thing is bound to you so you can't auction it or give it away, but apparently the fat guy with the health potions can buy it from you.

I may go back and run to get the pieces again, not sure, just thinking about doing it pisses me off at this point. Anyone else sold theirs in a selling frenzy?

Edit: Apparently you can't sell it, so I must have dropped it at some point thinking...well, not thinking obviously.

CosmicQueso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By CosmicQueso

"Disgusted with myself over it and disgusted with Blizzard for allowing it"

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Subjugation

@Krakn3Dfx said:

I spent the better part of 6 hours getting all of the crap you need to craft a Staff of Herding (it's white, wtf is it white?). I went in a couple of times with my barbarian, then went off to do other stuff. At some point apparently I was going click crazy at a vendor getting rid of crap, and I sold it. I dunno when or to which vendor, but it's gone now. Disgusted with myself over it and disgusted with Blizzard for allowing it and not making it a color that would stand out as something special that I shouldn't sell. The thing is bound to you so you can't auction it or give it away, but apparently the fat guy with the health potions can buy it from you.

I may go back and run to get the pieces again, not sure, just thinking about doing it pisses me off at this point. Anyone else sold theirs in a selling frenzy?

Edit: Apparently you can't sell it, so I must have dropped it at some point thinking...well, not thinking obviously.

It also isn't white, it is orange (legendary) as are all of the crafting items needed to make it as of 1.03.

DerekDanahy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DerekDanahy

I've accidentally sold my damage gear after putting on my magic find gear before.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

@Subjugation said:

@Krakn3Dfx said:

It also isn't white, it is orange (legendary) as are all of the crafting items needed to make it as of 1.03.

No Caption Provided

White. They may have changed the color in 1.03, I would have dropped it before that patch.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By McGhee

And the award for nerdiest thread title in history goes to . . .

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Yep, I dropped it too and then logged in later and couldn't find it...and then it hit me.

Fun times.

jasonefmonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jasonefmonk

I don't think you can even drop it now (post 1.03). It only took me an hour, maybe an hour and a half to find all of the pieces. So other than the gold sink, it shouldn't take you much to get it back.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Subjugation

@Krakn3Dfx said:

@Subjugation said:

@Krakn3Dfx said:

No Caption Provided

White. They may have changed the color in 1.03, I would have dropped it before that patch.

Orange as of patch 1.03, just like I said. You never said anything about it happening before 1.03, so with the information you provided, what I wrote was correct. You can't sell or even drop it now so it is effectively idiot-proofed. Just make it again, the base staff only takes a few hours to make from scratch. I just did it a few days ago.

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.