Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

Artistic Direction - A Poll

momentarylogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By momentarylogic

I think it would be cool to know what everyones opinion about Diablo III's artistic direction. From texturing to character and specific building designs. Feel free to be as detailed as you like, or a simple one word answer.

If there is a good amount of response, I'll post the running tally. Please be spacific at the beginning like: "I love it", "I hate it", "I don't care", "unsure", as I will have to put people into each category by what is implied in the posting.

------------------------

It should change

In my opinion, I think that blizzard should try to make their fans happy and talor the game according to their feedback. It is pretty common to read people saying that the "Fanboys are upset" by people who don't play the game, but most of the people that have played it, noticed the shift from a diablo asthetic to warcraft. The character gameplay looked great, and i agree that bringing back the barbarian to improve him was a good idea. But the witch doctor would be no different if they threw a mold of the necromancer over him. The shift from diablo 1 to 2 took the basic classes and expounded upon them greatly. It remains to be seen if that chasm is satified again from 2 to 3 or if the witch doctor is the necromancer with a silly coat of paint (ps I love the design of the witch doctor, aside from it's skill set).

Ill post more as of my opinion in greater detail later. class time

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Demyx

I don't think Blizzard should change anything. No matter what they do, fans are getting the game no matter what. And I don't see the problem with change.

Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Bear

I don't really care. From what I have seen, it isn't enough of a significant difference to say one way or the other.

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By zitosilva

Unsure. I either don't care or don't like it.

I guess I do agree with all the "fanboys" about the new collors. Not because it's too collorful, but it is just plain ugly. This was the "I don't like it" part.

The "I don't care" part is that, as of now, I don't see that many differences to get me into playing Diablo again. The story was neat, but everything was put to a finish in the expansion set, so they'll probably just come with a new problem altogether, which I don't care about. And the gameplay will probably remain mostly the same, which is fine I guess, IF I was looking to play the same game again. I'm not, I played I and II a lot and that was enough for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

All of the aforesaid opinions are spot-on.  I think this whole "it's not dark enuff" business has been blown out of proportion (by both perpetrators and media). 

At the end of the day, Diablo III is going to be ridiculously good.  It still revolves around dungeons, skeletons, demons, and the erupting war between Heaven and Hell (a war between light and dark now earthbound, don't you think that calls for a little something more than blackness?), and as such, the tone of the game will still be apocalyptic. 

I'm not worried.  Blizzard has yet to fail us.

toast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By toast

I have no idea why everybody is so bummed about the graphics.  There are so many games that are gritty and brown and bleak.  You know evil doesnt always have to be all black and brown and grey.  The Nazis didnt exactly not use bright colors and they are super evil.  There flags was a bright red with contrasting black and white.  I think the explanation of the designers was correct, colors help with the gameplay and thats what its all about I bet those same people will then complain about how they cant see shit when playing the game.  It looks like a great game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.