Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

Blizzard starts hiring console team for Diablo 3.

• 113 results
    Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#101  Edited By Meowshi
    @emem said:
    " @Meowshi said:
    " @emem said:
    " @Mordukai said:
    " ohh great. Another game where PC fanboys can keep saying how the console version is completely unplayable and the only blah blah blah blah blah.  "
    Well, that implies that you are "most likely" a console fanboy and writing something like that doesn't make you any better.. think about it. "
    Or it just means exactly what he said it does, and looking any deeper into makes you look dumb.    Think about it. "
    Whatever suits you best. "
    Rational thought suits me fine. :)
    MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#102  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
    @dudeglove said:
    " Having played D2 to death, I seriously can't see 3 working on any console. On Normal difficulty maybe. On Hell no fucking way. "
    They would no doubt have to tone down the difficulty of the console version to reflect the limitations of the controls, just like Bioware did with Dragon Age. There is no real reason that Diablo couldn't work on consoles, as long as there are concessions made for the controller. And those changes don't need to effect the PC version.
    thebeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#103  Edited By thebeast

I think I could really enjoy a Diablo game on consoles - seems like the perfect game to just sit back and mash things. I can't imagine why it wouldn't work on both platforms either - I'd imagine Blizzard would go the Dragon Age route and make various changes to optimize the gameplay for all platforms.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#104  Edited By ryanwho
    @Mordukai said:
    " ohh great. Another game where PC fanboys can keep saying how the console version is completely unplayable and the only blah blah blah blah blah.  "
    Hey dude its fine. You can play console Diablo and Wii Black Ops, that's your prerogative. If you never play the best version of something you'll never miss it.
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By ryanwho
    @TheBeast said:
    " I think I could really enjoy a Diablo game on consoles - seems like the perfect game to just sit back and mash things. I can't imagine why it wouldn't work on both platforms either - I'd imagine Blizzard would go the Dragon Age route and make various changes to optimize the gameplay for all platforms. "
    Except the PC version of Dragon Age was rather superior, AOE spells were practical useless on the console and that wheel was a fucking joke. But hey, again, if that's the only version you ever play I'm sure its a competent experience.
    NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#106  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @Mordukai said:
    Well, it's the truth.
    thebeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#107  Edited By thebeast
    @ryanwho: I had the chance to play both versions but I tend to find being able to sit back with a gamepad a much more pleasant experience than hunched over my keyboard, regardless of the difference in quality of the experience on the two platforms, so in the end - I finished Dragon Age on console, didn't feel like I missed out on anything and enjoyed the whole experience.  

That's not to say DA on PC would have been better for those that play a lot of PC games, just that it's great when developers tailor an experience to every platform they develop on so that we have the choice and we're not left frustrated with the limitations presented with a game that was directly ported without consideration for the differences in how people play games on each system.
    Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Jack268
    @Raymayne said:
    " @Jack268 said:
    "
    No Caption Provided
    Seriously, hate to be a master race but a game like Diablo on consoles? wtf "

No Caption Provided
     Yeah it's insane, right?...*sigh*...  The game involves left clicking on everything within sight until it dies, anyone who says it'll be 'impossible' on a controller is one of the most stupid people on planet Earth. "
    I never said it was impossible, and I'm thinking more about inventory management and such and the fact that Blizzard have a track record of TWO games for consoles, it just struck me as odd. I guess it's likely the decision was made by Activision though.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#109  Edited By xyzygy

Will definitely be getting this on 360 then. My laptop can't handle todays games, although it is a gaming laptop. Even though LOTRO seems to be perfectly optimized for it...

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#110  Edited By Meowshi

Ah, the glorious PC Herrenrasse has arrived.  

Zithe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Zithe
    @Raymayne said:

Yeah it's insane, right?...*sigh*...  The game involves left clicking on everything within sight until it dies, anyone who says it'll be 'impossible' on a controller is one of the most stupid people on planet Earth. "

When was the last time you played Diablo II? It's changed a lot over the years. Hell difficulty ain't no joke these days. It's a lot tougher than just left clicking everything in sight.

Having said that, I don't think it's impossible to put it on consoles. I do agree, however, that the PC version will allow for better control of your character.

Edit: I guess I should clarify for those of you who never got around to playing Diablo II. Hell difficulty is not a difficulty setting in the way you might traditionally think of it. It's just part of the progression. You play through Normal, Nightmare, then Hell. That's how the game progresses as you level up.
    luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#112  Edited By luce

More options for people who don't have an incredible PC 

Whats there to bitch about?

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#113  Edited By emem
    @luce said:
    " More options for people who don't have an incredible PC  Whats there to bitch about? "
    Nothing, I'm really curious how the console version(s) will turn out and what they are going to change. 

@Meowshi said:
    " Ah, the glorious PC Herrenrasse has arrived.   "
    Wow, you really are an idiot.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.