Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

Console Owners are you going to buy this game ?

• 107 results
    jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By jimmyfenix

Poll Console Owners are you going to buy this game ? (243 votes)

Yes 42%
    No 58%

Diablo 3 is set to release on September 3rd on Xbox 360 and PS3. A PS4 version will be coming out in 2014.

Some websites have reviewed the Console port and surprisingly it looks ok.

OPM

– 8/10

Game Informer

– 9.25/10

Eurogamer

– 9/10

GameSurf

– 9/10

GamesVillage

– 8.9/10

This port has been praised for its Local Co-op. At least Console owners wont need to worry about server woes and Error 37.

• 
    MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -2

I could possibly see myself picking this up once the price drops a bit. I tried the demo of the warrior class and enjoyed it, but felt like it could get a little mundane after a while. Although, keep in mind, I've never really played Diablo that much in the first place.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

I could possibly see myself picking this up once the price drops a bit. I tried the demo of the warrior class and enjoyed it, but felt like it could get a little mundane after a while. Although, keep in mind, I've never really played Diablo that much in the first place.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I did pick it up actually. I've nearly bought the PC version a couple of times, but never actually did. It was my friends deciding to get the console versions (they have no pcs) that finally convinced me. I've only played a couple hours of 2, so I don't really have much to compare it to, but it seems to work pretty well. The only technical problems I've had are that occasionally the game freezes for about a second. All of my other issues are with the game design in general (and the dumbass story). Seems like a decent version to get.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#104  Edited By korwin

I'm struggling to imagine the person who plays enough games to be interested in Diablo that doesn't already have some computer powerful enough to run Diablo 3... seriously that thing runs on Intel IGP's just fine.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@korwin said:

I'm struggling to imagine the person who plays enough games to be interested in Diablo that doesn't already have some computer powerful enough to run Diablo 3... seriously that thing runs on Intel IGP's just fine.

I can put up with some lower resolution and muddy textures for more frequent loot drops, no always-online DRM, couch co-op and lack of real cash auction house.

ApolloJ85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

My real problem with the PC version was the online connection that was usually a little bit too laggy to play inferno difficulty with confidence, and made hardcore an impossibility. The console version has no such problems, no auction house, and better loot drops. It's a far superior product for my situation.

JCGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Been playing the demo and it is really, fun. I took a Wizard into the 3rd act on the PC version but haven't gone back because I felt like I wasn't getting any real loot in the game for the work I was putting into it. I'm not interested in either auction house either. From the sound of it, looks like the loot systems is tweaked for the better in the console versions. I'd rather play the game on a PS4 though (the console textures look kind of washed out on the larger TV).

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finished the game two days ago. Started my nightmare run still loving it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.