Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

Diablo 3 Class Speculation

Zeratul1227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Zeratul1227

As far as I know, 3 classes have officially been announced thus far.
    And they are...
    Witch Doctor (Necromancer replacement)
    Barbarian
    Wizard

If Diablo 3 follows the initial pattern of the 2nd game, that leaves 2 more classes available for launch. With 2 casters and one heavy melee class, I think it's safe to say that an amazon (ranged/melee non-caster) class is a safe bet, perhaps under a different name. That leaves room for one more, and probably is the more difficult of the 2 guesses. The other remaining classes (including the Lord of Destrucion Expansion) consisted of the Paladin, Druid, and Assasian. (All are essentially hybrids offering melee or caster/ options) Of these three, I'd prefer the paladin to return, but would probably be more interested if they ventured somewhere with a new class altogether...
    Being able to play as an Archangel or something? (Out there I know, but shaking things up a bit would be nice, I think they made the right step with the druid class in LoD)

I don't know about all of you, but I would have preferred the older necromancer cosmetic over the new witch doctor...  I'll have to wait and see though! :)

Zeratul1227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Zeratul1227

As far as I know, 3 classes have officially been announced thus far.
    And they are...
    Witch Doctor (Necromancer replacement)
    Barbarian
    Wizard

If Diablo 3 follows the initial pattern of the 2nd game, that leaves 2 more classes available for launch. With 2 casters and one heavy melee class, I think it's safe to say that an amazon (ranged/melee non-caster) class is a safe bet, perhaps under a different name. That leaves room for one more, and probably is the more difficult of the 2 guesses. The other remaining classes (including the Lord of Destrucion Expansion) consisted of the Paladin, Druid, and Assasian. (All are essentially hybrids offering melee or caster/ options) Of these three, I'd prefer the paladin to return, but would probably be more interested if they ventured somewhere with a new class altogether...
    Being able to play as an Archangel or something? (Out there I know, but shaking things up a bit would be nice, I think they made the right step with the druid class in LoD)

I don't know about all of you, but I would have preferred the older necromancer cosmetic over the new witch doctor...  I'll have to wait and see though! :)

Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Out_On_Bail

Does it really matter? You know your going to buy it, I know I am. ;-D  

I'd say your definitely correct about the ranged/non-caster class.  As for the other class I would prefer a melee/mage hybrid. Again though, it really doesn't even matter as I'm going to roll a barb and be a god. 
    Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By Ineedaname

Paladin, the others are all Brutes, there's no light, that and the fact he's super popular on D2.

However I'm disappointed to see teleport is still in the game, I hope it's just for evasion.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#4  Edited By ArbitraryWater

My Guesses: Another Magic Dude
                             Paladin equivalent.
                             Amazon/Rouge Equivalent
                             Weird, Unorthodox class that we never see coming (Like the Archivist from the April Fools joke)

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ineedaname
    @ArbitraryWater: I'd prefer the unicorn.
    End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By End_Boss

I can't back this up with a source, but I believe Blizzard has said there will be no Paladin in Diablo III, which bums me out and piques my interest at the same time; it'll be interesting to see what they replace them with.

Avatar image for pajamieez--defunct
    PaJamieez--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

The Range non caster class will probably happen. I want a morphing class like druid. That was pretty awesome! . Hmmmm Archiveist needs to be in that game... Quest bolt was so funny!

Avatar image for DELETE_chickenpants
    ChickenPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ChickenPants

One will be a ranged/druidic/assassin type character I think.ie. just a mix of those three classes to create the game's ranged class.eg. a ranger with a pet,bow(gun maybe) and cloak/shadow skills.

Second character will be a holy (paladin esque) class.Maybe predominantly melee with both dark and light forces , sort of like the Paladin in the Median mod.

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
    Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Stephen_Von_Cloud

I liked that Blizzard went on a little bit of a creative angle with the Witch Doctor and I suspect they will do the same with the second class you refer to.  I wouldn't be surprised to see more than 2 more classes through really.

Who knows?  Wait and see.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.