Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

Diablo 3 is such a let down.

• 99 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170
    deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 0

First of all I hate the DRM they use, I'm not against it as I love Steam but Battlenet doesn't offer me anything over not having a service. They could have just allowed LAN and I'd play over Hamachi with friends and it would be a better experience. Instead I have to put up with being disconnected, losing the last half hour of gameplay because it didn't save, having 200-500 ping and lagging around in a Single Player game and not being able to play if I don't have access to the net or their service is down. At least Steam has offline mode and lets me play games I've activated without the net.

The loot system doesn't make me excited for loot, they give you far too much and I just end up getting tired of having to loot everything and then selling it just so my character progresses. Just drop money and loot that I'll use and be interested in, there is no need to keep dropping useless trash from every mob I kill. This is such a tired mechanic that I hate and it's become like this in lots of games now, I'd rather just have stuff that is useful and fun to use. Batman AC just gives you XP and lets you unlock stuff that is fun and you actually want, it's a much better system than having to go through lots of useless crap.

Where is the character customization? I mean in 2012 I at least though we could make our own character instead of having to use these pre set models. It just doesn't make any sense to what this game is, it's not like your characters look is important to the story....

Talking about the story, I just found it to be lacklustre, I loved Diablo 2's back in 2000 and got so drawn into it but Diablo 3's is crap and drops the ball for today's standards. I just expected something epic but instead they actually managed to deliver something worse than Starcraft 2's which managed to take the good work from the first game and butcher it with a love story... go play the original and there is one bit of flirting and that is it. Blizzard's last good game was Warcraft 3 and everything they've done since has been crap, they ignored their franchises to make WoW which was great until they butchered it and dumbed it down. Then they finally got round to SC2 and D3 and they suck.... I bet when they do WC4 they'll count WoWs mess of a story as actual lore and skip the who Arthas thing which was why I was looking forward to WC4.

The graphics suck for something released in 2012, not only that but it looks like Warcraft and not Diablo. The music sucks, I used to love the music in Diablo 2 and always remember it but Diablo 3 is like SWTOR where they should have had such memorable music and they did nothing with the source material. The voice acting and dialogue is just so bad way too often and just comes off cheesy and cringe worthy, should have seen it coming in the cinematic "you do believe me, don't you Leah?" lol. The gameplay just feels like Diablo........ it's barely changed and tbh for 2012 I expected something more modern and innovative. Even Torchlight did more than Diablo and thank god they let you sell all the trash loot via the pet, so it made it less tedious than Diablo 3s dated system.

Blizzard have lost a fan, not interested in them any more and funnily enough none of my friends like their games any more either after they butchered WoW. The problem with Blizzard now is they're like Nintendo and they just make the same game over and over with very little change. So it's gotten to the point where my friends and I just feel that we're bored of them now...

rpgee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By rpgee

@PapaLazarou said:

Blizzard have lost a fan, not interested in them any more

And Blizzard, surrounded by its sacks of money, does not care, especially since they got your money anyway.

a) This should be posted in the Diablo III forums, not the General Discussion.

b) Your opinion is your own, and you should be proud of that. Be prepared for people, just like me, to not give a flying fuck about it.

c) I wonder if you tried the demo (there is one, believe me). Because that's not a bad representation of exactly what you'll get, and that might have saved you $60+.

Please continue to not like things. I will enjoy not having to play with you. Thank you.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By pweidman

Oh it's the obligatory 'I hate Blizzard and Diablo 3' time already? Seems a bit early. :P

rpgee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By rpgee

@pweidman said:

Oh it's the obligatory 'I hate Blizzard and Diablo 3' time already? Seems a bit early. :P

Don't worry, there's this one too. Amazing how quickly they turn, isn't it?

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Congratulations on jumping on the latest bandwagon, hating on Diablo 3 and Blizzard.

For me, personally, Diablo 3 is pretty much what I expected and I am really enjoying the game.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By Humanity

I'm always more astounded by how many people feel the need to tell someone what an idiot he is for posting a negative review of a popular product.

While a bit on the hostile side, it is a coherent write-up of what he likes and doesn't like.

I enjoy playing the game with friends but I agree with some of the points he made. The game does have a lot of dated mechanics and while the graphics are "nice" they aren't really something that blows you away in a quadruple A production of 2012.

They could have done a lot more, but it is what it is - and thats just more of the same Diablo we all played before. I'd much rather see discussion as to what people find wrong with what he said or why they like it so much rather than outright saying "hurr if you don't like it don't play it idiot"

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Capum15

I respectfully disagree, good sir.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

I'm pretty sure this needs to be here.

But anyway, i love how a lot of people seem to assume it's a case of bandwagon hate. God forbid someone has a different opinion. Fucking internet. *waits for someone to say "if you don't like it, don't use it"*

tooPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By tooPrime

@PapaLazarou said:

The graphics suck for something released in 2012, not only that but it looks like Warcraft and not Diablo.

I think Diablo 2 fans have rose colored glasses about that game. Diablo 1 looks better than Diablo 2.

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By MikeFightNight

"Raw raw raw, I read the title of the post and a few scattered words and now I feel the need to tell you that you suck and are a horrible person. Also your wrong and suck!" But seriously, you support all your points but I disagree with some. The drm shit can be a big bummer sometimes, but as someone new to blizzard games with SC2 and D3 I really enjoy what they are doing. I find their games fun and while it is regrettable they may have lost a fan, they have also gained a new one.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#11  Edited By fox01313

I do agree that it would have been nice to have a little bit of a choice in the character creation with a choice of a few preset heads to give a little variety & wouldn't have been that hard to give players that option of 3-4 different heads to pick from when creating the character.

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Binman88

I'm enjoying it but the loot could be better. I preferred the loot in Titan Quest. There seemed to be a lot more unique stuff even on one play through and it was fun just collecting that stuff.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@RPGee said:

@PapaLazarou said:

And Blizzard, surrounded by its sacks of money, does not care, especially since they got your money anyway.

b) Your opinion is your own, and you should be proud of that. Be prepared for people, just like me, to not give a flying fuck about it.

c) I wonder if you tried the demo (there is one, believe me). Because that's not a bad representation of exactly what you'll get, and that might have saved you $60+.

Please continue to not like things. I will enjoy not having to play with you. Thank you.

What is with some people? He's quite well allowed to post his thoughts without people, like you, taking it personally. This isn't that kind of community. Be petty elsewhere please. Fuck.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By napalm

@RPGee said:

@PapaLazarou said:

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By gamefreak9

I agree on the music, the story probably isn't as good as I wanted it to be, though its more about characters than events. Sort of like ME2 was in contrast to ME3.

Everything else your wrong, there is a shit load of customization. The graphics don't suck... its a specific art style. Your not supposed to loot the white/grey stuff just blues and in my experience that means go to town once an hour or so which isn't annoying at all. The way chracter progression works is made so that you experiment plenty, at level 60 you can pick and choose and there is an incentive to lock in.

Panpipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Panpipe

I understand a lot of your problems with the game.

The story is hammy. I was a bit disappointed that absolutely none of the bosses are scary. When you compare the Butchers for instance. I recently watched the Butcher from Diablo 1 and it's still pretty scary. This giant guy that's super quick just runs at you shouting "Fresh meat!" while delivering quite heavy blows. If you were a kid that would make you scared to get to the end of that dungeon. D3's Butcher is introduced like you're at a circus, and then this comic, fat troll bumbles his way towards you shouting "Zombie flesh bad!" or something like that. All of the bosses were like saturday morning cartoon characters.

I disagree with the loot complaint though. Maybe I just love comparing numbers, but there is no way of definitively saying which bit of gear is better, unless they have the exact same stats, but one with higher numbers. It all depends on your build. Maybe you're looking for DEX but one has lower DEX but Increased Attack Speed, maybe you'll prefer that IAS because you can hit faster instead of harder. Hitting faster means you can generate more resource, heal faster and use skills more regularly.

I also disagree completely with the so called lack of character customisation. Go check out the thread in the D3 forums where people post screenshots of their heros. Hardly any of them have any similar features, and that's just visual. On the gameplay side, the amount of options you have is still broad. It's no where near the BILLIONS that the developers touted, because of course they didn't perfectly balance billions of builds. There are however at least 3/4 different types of build for each character AT THE MOMENT. As more people work their way through Inferno, more builds will pop up.

I tried out a different build on my monk last night based on increased attack speed, getting it up to 2.0 attacks per second. The change in gameplay was so different with my new setup (mostly different skills than I was using before) that I was actually confused for a few minutes about what I should be doing. I know for a fact that there are several legitimate ways of playing the monk, and the best thing is I don't have to grind several alts in order to find which one I like best.

petervs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By petervs

PapaLazarou has the right to his own opinion and good for him.

However this option will not reflect how i personally feel on the game and give him kudos for being passionate about his view

let him be :)

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By vitor
    @RPGee said:

@PapaLazarou said:

A demo? Not officially without the guest pass, which is a lot harder to grab a hold of than it should be (I've been trying and have yet to find a copy). I know they'll be releasing it for all in 2 or 3 weeks but still.  

Unless you're talking about less 'official' means. 
    Balex1908

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Balex1908

@tooPrime said:

@PapaLazarou said:

The graphics suck for something released in 2012, not only that but it looks like Warcraft and not Diablo.

I think Diablo 2 fans have rose colored glasses about that game. Diablo 1 looks better than Diablo 2.

Also people forget how cartoony Warcraft really is. Torchlight looks much more like Warcraft than D3.

Blizzard makes sure their games run on everything, thats why the graphics are not high standard. And thats why they sell on PC more than most of the other developers combined. And I think some of the stuff in ACT 2 and 4 look really good if you consider that.

As for the story in D2 people should go back and take a look, the story is not as good as they remember it.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By gamefreak9

@Panpipe: In inferno i've seen at least 20-30 different wizard builds, i have no idea where you pulled that 3/4 out of. Its very easy to balance the game because if its balanced at one point, its balanced at all points.

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Christoffer

I don't know if I was let down by Diablo 3 cause I got exactly what I expected. Like any other Blizzard game it's a sturdy bit of craftsmanship (except from the horrendous story) but I think I've grow away from loot chasing. Tell me why I should run around and increase my stats, just to get it all undone on a higher difficulty?

I don't know if I can blame Diablo for this but I'm usually bored to tears after 30 minutes. I mostly play with friends so I tend to stick around anyway (god, I hope they're ready for a different game soon).

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#22  Edited By Tennmuerti

@Vitor said:

A demo? Not officially without the guest pass, which is a lot harder to grab a hold of than it should be (I've been trying and have yet to find a copy). I know they'll be releasing it for all in 2 or 3 weeks but still. Unless you're talking about less 'official' means.

There was also an open beta weekend a couple of weeks before release, which was effectively a demo, and anyone who wanted to could have tried it out.

@gamefreak9 said:

@Panpipe: In inferno i've seen at least 20-30 different wizard builds, i have no idea where you pulled that 3/4 out of. Its very easy to balance the game because if its balanced at one point, its balanced at all points.

He is talking playstyles rather then builds. There will of course be variations on individual builds within a playstyle.

BiG_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#23  Edited By BiG_Weasel

I stayed away from WoW for a long while till Cataclysm came out, then picked up WotLK and Cata within a month of each other. I got fooled by Blizz then, and its my last time, too. This is why I didn't buy into the D3 hype, and after seeing all the complaints, connectivity issues, etc, I'm glad I did. While I believe that a lot of the hate is just spoiled players, I think some of the concerns are genuine. Makes me glad I kept my $60, and held onto it for other things- like Torchlight II (which I had the opportunity to beta test, and its fun, btw).

rpgee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By rpgee

@SeriouslyNow said:

@RPGee said:

@PapaLazarou said:

What is with some people? He's quite well allowed to post his thoughts without people, like you, taking it personally. This isn't that kind of community. Be petty elsewhere please. Fuck.

Seriously now, SeriouslyNow ... thank you for the opportunity to do that dumb thing there.

And I'm not trying to be personal about it, even though it does come across as so. I do apologise, it's been a frustrating day and I saw a good vent. Plus, I found Mr Lazarou's own comments to be petty and am dismayed that the Diablo III hate train has already pulled into the station.

Unless I'm just being a dicky troll, or he's a troll, in which case we both broke Rule #14 of the Internet.

@Vitor said:

A demo? Not officially without the guest pass, which is a lot harder to grab a hold of than it should be (I've been trying and have yet to find a copy). I know they'll be releasing it for all in 2 or 3 weeks but still.
    Unless you're talking about less 'official' means.

Perhaps I was thinking about that, I'm not quite sure. Or maybe it was memories of the open beta. My bad, again.

VipeR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By VipeR

So, you go on and say that the majority of bad things about it is that it's non-diablo like, the music, the graphics, the loot system, the story. Then you go on and say that the gameplay (arguably one of the most important aspects) is too much like diablo???

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By vitor
    @Tennmuerti said:

@Vitor said:

A demo? Not officially without the guest pass, which is a lot harder to grab a hold of than it should be (I've been trying and have yet to find a copy). I know they'll be releasing it for all in 2 or 3 weeks but still. Unless you're talking about less 'official' means.

There was also an open beta weekend a couple of weeks before release, which was effectively a demo, and anyone who wanted to could have tried it out.

@gamefreak9 said:

He is talking playstyles rather then builds. There will of course be variations on individual builds within a playstyle.

I forgot about that. Meant to give it a shot myself but it was 2 weeks or so before my first exam so I decided against it...
    Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#27  Edited By Tennmuerti

@PapaLazarou:

I disagree with you on customization and loot. You have simply not played enough of the game, both increase exponentially as the game goes on. Also a simple solution to your other issue is to just ignore white drops and below.

Agree with you on the story. Thankfully most people don't come to Diablo series for the story, it's an insignificant portion of the game and not really why it's played by so many for so long. So kind of irrelevant. I go to proper actual RPGs for the story like Witcher or others, Diablo is here for the loot, the customization, the loot, the increased difficulty, killing a million enemies, the loot, stuff that other game don't provide. I simply don't criticize games for something they are blatantly not focusing on and rather excel in other areas, like for example I don't criticize Alpha Protocol because it's not a good shooter. Simply different types of games.

Graphics while on a technical level I will agree with you are a bit dated, from the artistic side they are excellent especially when you get into the later Acts and see the diversity and incredibly cool looking painterly like scenes, but that is of course extremely subjective.

doobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By doobie

surpised you think the greaphics suck. i think it looks fucking amazing.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Humanity

@RPGee: He sounded like he was upset at the game and a bit emotional. You sounded like a pretty huge dick. Telling someone "thanks for your opinion no one gives a shit" is not the most thought out comment.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#30  Edited By Milkman

I don't see how anyone could have expected anything other than what you got with Diablo III.

camp7203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By camp7203

Looks good, plays good, kills good. Blizzard defines the word polish!

uhtaree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By uhtaree

Dude, I'm all for negativity, I love overreaction to stuff online, but it's getting tired. It's like you copied and pasted a list of bullet points from some video game hate aggregator site.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By EXTomar

Definitely be proud of formating a well rewritten review even if the stance is unpopular. There is nothing wrong with stating "I didn't like it" and standing by that feeling.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Jimbo
    "Just drop money and loot that I'll use and be interested in, there is no need to keep dropping useless trash from every mob I kill. This is such a tired mechanic that I hate and it's become like this in lots of games now, I'd rather just have stuff that is useful and fun to use."

Diablo aside, I find myself thinking this in games more and more - just drop shit if there's at least a chance it might be of some use to my character/s or if it's a unique item or something. Also, I really appreciated the thing in Dragon Age 2 where you could just hit a key and your dude would run to the next nearest lootable thing on screen.  That was probably the best thing about Dragon Age 2 and all games with loot need to have that now. 

Another mechanic that needs to fuck off is loose change being hidden in every other barrel / crate / vase etc. you come across.  Stop making me feel compelled to do a lap of the room like an idiot before talking to the super important NPC stood there waiting for me.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#35  Edited By AhmadMetallic

So apparently having a negative opinion means you're jumping on the bandwagon. Whereas being this: 
    @RPGee said:

..is totally a thoughtful individual with consumer standards.
    EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By EXTomar

On the topic of WoW, actually a lot of the problem with "Cataclysm" is they listened to the "hard core raiders" too much. The first set of raids and dungeon (!!!) were a miserable experience because they thought everyone wanted a much more difficult experience.

If Blizzard takes away any lesson from "Cataclysm" is that you don't listen to the vocal minority.

plop1920

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By plop1920

I am really disappointed in diablo 3. The story is laughably bad ( I love how the villian always pops up to tell you how much you ruined his plans but goes on to tell you his next), and the lootlust isn't there when randomized stats on drops have a chance to be worse than stuff you found 10 levels ago. Inferno mode is also bad design, not because its hard ( it's cheesy more than anything), but because classes only have 1 or 2 viable builds to be able to do anything. I can't even play my witch doctor how I want because my pets get 1 shot!

Even after all this I'm still incredibly addicted to it :/

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170
    deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

Thing is I could forgive Diablo 2 for things I hate about Diablo 3 because it was 12 years ago. Times have changed since then and I expect something better these days...

Talking about WoW for me when they allowed you get to Battlegrounds from anywhere in the game it killed world PVP. Pre that patch or even pre Battlegrounds world PVP used to be so amazing and then suddenly it died. Then they made it worse with TBC and the dumb flying mounts which made sure world PVP sucked even more and killed exploration. Then they added the ability to enter instances from anywhere in the world killing the world feeling again........ at this point it might as well be a hub based game because the world is dead.

Blizzard ruined WoW so bad to the point I play a private vanilla server which has more people on that any live server lol. The Vanilla game is so much better and the quests aren't all linear like post Cataclysm which has quests linking up from zone to zone and actually stops you doing future ones if you haven't done ones in the past zone.

Blizzard just make me so angry, fucking hate them now.

All I need next is for Valve to turn HL3 into COD and I quit gaming for good this time, I had a year or two off before but now I've come back into it I'm just pissed off even more at how shit games are these days.

dahnosaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By dahnosaur

Who plays diablo for the story?

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By EXTomar

Good question. If anything they took a big risk trying to put lore and story into Diablo 3.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Humanity

@Jimbo: The game begs for a separate loot button at times as I think we've ALL BEEN THERE when crazy shit is happening on the screen and instead of attacking mobs you're picking up broken cloth belts and trash dropped by other mobs.

potatomash3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By potatomash3r

To be honest, Diablo 3 is a good game but it doesn't live up to Diablo 2. My biggest gripe with D3 is how the champions drop better loot than bosses not to mention boss fights are uninteresting and pretty easy. I'm only in Hell Act 2 but the item affixes are ridiculously boring and with this skill system everything is capped and there is no way to increase the effectiveness of skills so the only thing that matters is DPS and resistances. In D2 there were certain classes that didn't need dps or any kind of damage item, one of which that I played was a necromancer as a minion master he wasn't item dependent and could easily solo all the way to Hell (because Corpse Explosion was fucking amazing).

I also hate how I have to redo a damned quest to do a 'run' and most of the time its an absolute waste of time because the bosses drop shit items (AFAIK), and what happened to all those mob fights before the boss? Baal had his 5 waves of minions, diablo had those 3 seals and Mephisto had the council. In all the 4 acts, nothing excited me, there was no feel of this epic quest to defeat a prime evil it all felt like a long chore just to get to the next difficulty for better loot. And no runes?! God damn it! Runewords were amazing. Maybe its too early for me to say, but there is no Fucking depth in this game!

Maybe its because of the immense love I have for D2 but the only thing I liked in D3 was the audio lore bits, everything else feels underwhelming from the music, dialog, gameplay to everything. I can't help but make similarities between the transition of D2 to D3 and ScBw with SC2. Both of which had the story turn into a pool of generic shit. I guess I should've known better, I played the demo and didn't think much of it, I was disappointed with SC2, hated all the DRM and auction house crap, and yet I still bought the game despite hating the way Blizzard is moving.

I understand how this game got 5 stars and why people love the shit out of it (for now). But as a long time fan of D2 this is just a disappointing sequel.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#43  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

I love the game personally, but I kind of feel like it was designed with a console port in mind. The menu systems level of detail in character customization and UI area little more simplistic than what I like out of a game where I'm building a character, which is the same issue I've had with Mass Effect 3 and a few other games the last year or so. Brad and Patrick talked about streamlining in the podcast a few weeks ago, and I kind of feel like Blizzard "streamlined" out a lot of what was cool about building a character. There's a whole other thread on that and people have gone back and forth on it tho, so I'm not going to go into that.

I didn't mind the story because what story. If you take out my Barbarian and replace him with Mario and replace Diablo with Bowser, you've got a dark ass Super Mario Bros and the princess is the land of Sanctuary.

WMWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By WMWA

Bummer you feel that way, man. As someone who who mastered everything in D2, D3 is exactly what I wanted from a sequel. The DRM blows though.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By gamefreak9

@potatomash3r said:

To be honest, Diablo 3 is a good game but it doesn't live up to Diablo 2. My biggest gripe with D3 is how the champions drop better loot than bosses not to mention boss fights are uninteresting and pretty easy. I'm only in Hell Act 2 but the item affixes are ridiculously boring and with this skill system everything is capped and there is no way to increase the effectiveness of skills so the only thing that matters is DPS and resistances. In D2 there were certain classes that didn't need dps or any kind of damage item, one of which that I played was a necromancer as a minion master he wasn't item dependent and could easily solo all the way to Hell (because Corpse Explosion was fucking amazing).

I also hate how I have to redo a damned quest to do a 'run' and most of the time its an absolute waste of time because the bosses drop shit items (AFAIK), and what happened to all those mob fights before the boss? Baal had his 5 waves of minions, diablo had those 3 seals and Mephisto had the council. In all the 4 acts, nothing excited me, there was no feel of this epic quest to defeat a prime evil it all felt like a long chore just to get to the next difficulty for better loot. And no runes?! God damn it! Runewords were amazing. Maybe its too early for me to say, but there is no Fucking depth in this game!

Maybe its because of the immense love I have for D2 but the only thing I liked in D3 was the audio lore bits, everything else feels underwhelming from the music, dialog, gameplay to everything. I can't help but make similarities between the transition of D2 to D3 and ScBw with SC2. Both of which had the story turn into a pool of generic shit. I guess I should've known better, I played the demo and didn't think much of it, I was disappointed with SC2, hated all the DRM and auction house crap, and yet I still bought the game despite hating the way Blizzard is moving.

I understand how this game got 5 stars and why people love the shit out of it (for now). But as a long time fan of D2 this is just a disappointing sequel.

I have no idea what your on about. All skills have potential to be useful and their progression isn't capped at all, unlike D2. Also being able to finish the game without good gear just because of your class is called imbalanced, its not fair to barbs and amazons.

At level 60 you get a buff for every rare/champ mobs you kill that boosts your boss drops, for instance Azmodan on hell dropped 4 yellows for me last night. You should learn about the game before complaining.

Also I have no idea what your own about the bosses build up, the bosses of the last three acts literally have their own boss just for build up.

Nicked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Nicked

The loot system has been kind of a bummer to me as well. I feel like it's a green-is-the-new-purple thing. Normal mode was really easy and I'd heard the gear was much better on Nightmare, so I didn't worry much about gear. Now on Nightmare I know the gear will be better on Hell. As such, a lot of the loot feels like trash to me. If I'm not going to equip it immediately then I'm never going to have a use for it. I wish the loot mattered more, and that I could farm for specific items like in any MMO, you know specifically what a boss can drop, it's just a matter of actually getting the drop.

It would be nice to get significant upgrades more often. I got one Legendary drop which was really great, but other than that everything has been marginally better. 10 DMG here, 1% Protection there, etc. That's not as exciting as getting something really good or something that you know will last you a lot of levels.

I'm enjoying the game a lot more on Nightmare, but Normal mode was flat out bad. I shouldn't have to slog through ~10 hours of challenge-less combat.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

@RPGee said:

@PapaLazarou said:

You sound awfully hostile for someone who supposedly doesn't give a flying fuck.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By project343
    @pweidman

Some of us opinion hipsters have 'so' hated on Diablo 3 since early beta thank you very much...
    Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Subjugation

I think I might start hating Diablo 3 when RSI sets in, but not likely before then. None of the things about the game that people are angry about were secrets. Those of you that bought the game anyway and proceeded to complain look silly against the backdrop of the others who were wise enough to realize that they weren't going to enjoy it and just stayed away. Take a page from them next time.

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#50  Edited By galiant

I am pleased with D3. It's exactly what I expected.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.