Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

Diablo III?!?!

Tricks73r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Tricks73r

Diablo?! Let's talk about Diablo!!!!

Tricks73r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Tricks73r

I'm sorry, but I've got to say; despite the hype, and although I know I'm going to get suckered into playing a good hundred hours of my life away; I just can't get into the hack and slash realm again mentally. Is something wrong with me? Did I cross beams?

jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By jimbo_n

Yea some genres are not what they used to be when you were younger. I´m not going to go into the whole thing about mentality, amount of games to play, other circumstances and the way we play games today but Hack n Slash action RPG´s and PC Adventure games like the recent Vampyre Story dosent really draw me in anymore. They way I play games is very different from my childhood and some genres lives on more on notalgia than anything else.
    But just like you said this is not going to stop me from sinking 100 hours into Diablo 3 and liking it because the day I play a Blizzard game that is not completely and totally awesome I will lose the last faith in PC gaming.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#4  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

I still revisit Diablo 2 and Titan Quest, and I still deeply enjoy the genre.  I think there's a lot of mileage to be had from the games, and there's something sort of relaxing about mindlessly hacking stuff up.  Personally, I can't wait.

Rio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Rio

I still go back and play D2 all the time, it is just as good as when I put years into it when it came out.  Diablo 1 is definitely aging, its playable as far as nostalgia goes but noticeably aged.  I feel D2 is still the best representative of the hack and slash action rpg genre and I cant wait to get my hands on D3.

vivek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By vivek

I still play D2 with mates, it usually happenes for one month a year when we are bored. We make little challenges like who can get the most SOJ's and so forth.

xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By xxNBxx
    Rio said:
    "I still go back and play D2 all the time, it is just as good as when I put years into it when it came out.  Diablo 1 is definitely aging, its playable as far as nostalgia goes but noticeably aged.  I feel D2 is still the best representative of the hack and slash action rpg genre and I cant wait to get my hands on D3."
    Titan's Quest is an evolution of D2.  Even though the story of Titan Quest is not as strongly presented like D2's story it improves a lot of things D2 lacked.  Things like not having to make up an online character and an offline character.   A much improved inventory system.  The ability to unlearn skills.  Each tree in Titan Quest can be played multiple ways.  Graphically it is way better.  Gone is the need to carry TP scrolls.  You can stack pots. You don't need to carry ammo for ranged weapons.  A bank where you can share inventory with all your alts to trade items ez.   A more realistic item drop system,  If a humanoid target has the item, they use it against you or they wear it. 
    BAMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By BAMoney

Would like to play some D2, but i have sadly lost my disc.

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By TheMustacheHero
    @BAMoney said:

" Would like to play some D2, but i have sadly lost my disc. "

STOP WITH THE THREAD REVIVALS! THIS WAS POINTLESS! I am getting so tired of this...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.