Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

Diablo III FOLLOWER SYSTEM TRAILER leaked!!!

thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By thehexeditor

This game is looking like hot shit
    Maybe it really can come out in 2011?!

The enchantress is looking to be one sexy gal. I look forward to having her by my side as I wreck demons.
    thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By thehexeditor

The follower system seems to focus on filling role gaps, especially for solo play. To specify; I mean your character's build is going to focus on certain things such as single target, aoe, burst, dots, survivability, crowd control, etc etc, and the follower you choose and develop could fortify your weakest qualities.

Though with 4 players and 4 followers running around, the game could get pretty wild!

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By Ineedaname
    @thehexeditor said:
    " The follower system seems to focus on filling role gaps, especially for solo play. With 4 players and 4 followers running around, the game could get pretty wild! "
    Diablo 2 had a follower system as well, I actually think mine spent most of the game dead though cause we were too l33t.

Looks just the same really in that respect. The customisation was obviously a lot deeper there.
    thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By thehexeditor
    @Ineedaname said:

" @thehexeditor said:

" The follower system seems to focus on filling role gaps, especially for solo play. With 4 players and 4 followers running around, the game could get pretty wild! "
    Diablo 2 had a follower system as well, I actually think mine spent most of the game dead though cause we were too l33t.Looks just the same really in that respect. The customisation was obviously a lot deeper there. "
    Well, I know D2 had a follower system too, but this one seems like it will be more in-depth because you can choose 4 skills for them to use. Also everyone ended up using the fucking act 2 merc
    scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By scarace360

Cant wait.

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By phrosnite

Yeah, it might come out in 2011. If the beta starts in July then yeah...

thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By thehexeditor
    @phrosnite said:
    " Yeah, it might come out in 2011. If the beta starts in July then yeah... "
    My interpretation of 2011 is "practically Jan 1st 2012" but yeah, I agree with ya.
    Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Man, looks more awesome every time they release something.  Really hope I get in the beta.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By BraveToaster

Looks good.

thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By thehexeditor
    @xobballox:  Yeah, this game is probably going to be digital crack cocaine.
    ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By ajamafalous
    @thehexeditor said:
    " Also everyone ended up using the fucking act 2 merc "
    Because he's easily the best.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By xyzygy

God I hate how the art style of this game looks so much like WoW. A huge thing I loved about Diablo 2 was it's very dark and gory art. This looks way too cartoony. It looks like it might ruin the mood of Diablo games.    

thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By thehexeditor
    @xyzygy said:

" God I hate how the art style of this game looks so much like WoW. A huge thing I loved about Diablo 2 was it's very dark and gory art. This looks way too cartoony. It looks like it might ruin the mood of Diablo games.     "

Don't start this again. Not in this fucking thread.
    melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By melcene
    @xyzygy said:

" God I hate how the art style of this game looks so much like WoW. A huge thing I loved about Diablo 2 was it's very dark and gory art. This looks way too cartoony. It looks like it might ruin the mood of Diablo games.     "

I thought that looked very much like WoW too.  The Templar was taken straight out of WoW, armor and all.

That's not to bitch about the art style.  I just thought it was interesting how their templar looks JUST like a pally from WoW.
    1337W422102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By 1337W422102

So Followers are sort of like the Mercs from D2, but with more classes and options?

thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By thehexeditor
    @1337W422102: No specifics as of right now because this is a leaked trailer, but yes I would say so though D2 mercs had the same options in terms of "class" (ranged, tank, magician)- however I'd say these mercs are more diverse because you can choose their skills which sound pretty great (enchantress- lowered resistance, disorient, decoy for example)I bet you'll get the full details from Bashiok extremely soon now that this is out there though.
    1337W422102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By 1337W422102
    @thehexeditor: Sounds good, thanks!
    animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By animateria
    @thehexeditor said:
    " @xyzygy said:

Don't start this again. Not in this fucking thread. "
    Dude that rainbow sucked!

/sarcasm
    sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By sameeeeam
    Hot damn. This game looks good.
    thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By thehexeditor
    @animateria: I can't wait till people see act 4  (HELL) because I have a feeling Blizzard are taking out all of their frustration over the vocal artstyle minority on it. The ground will be deformed living fetuses and there will be rivers of virgin and child blood. Mountains of skulls and body parts everywhere, etc. Also it will be so dark that you can't see where you're clicking.
    blueduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By blueduck
    @melcene said:
    " @xyzygy said:

I thought that looked very much like WoW too.  The Templar was taken straight out of WoW, armor and all.

That's not to bitch about the art style.  I just thought it was interesting how their templar looks JUST like a pally from WoW.
    "
    I agree that Templar didn't look inspired by WoW art it looked like it came straight out of WoW.
    melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By melcene
    @thehexeditor: My problem isn't the art style.  I learned to get over the cartoony thing.  In fact - a lot of people (EQ players, for example) said the exact same stuff about WoW before it came out.  

My problem is that some of the graphics are being ripped directly from WoW.  I'm almost 100% positive that my pally in WoW had a set of armor that looked just like that at some point.  I wish I could remember exactly what armor so I could get a screenshot and do a side by side.
    thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#23  Edited By thatfrood

Looks like WoW.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@blueduck said:
    " @melcene said:
    " @xyzygy said:

"
    I agree that Templar didn't look inspired by WoW art it looked like it came straight out of WoW. "
    Man I hate to 'Jump on the bandwagon' but the art style has gone from dark and disturbing to cartoony and 'Wowish'. You can even see this in Starcraft 2 (Which I love).

I'm just disappointed that all these games that Blizzard have made in the past which had their own unique style and look are all now looking in some way like the style that is used in Wow, which I don't believe suits either Diablo or the Starcraft universe.
    thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By thehexeditor

I regret making this thread.

I really fucking do

MrGetBonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MrGetBonus
    @thehexeditor said:
    " I regret making this thread. I really fucking do "
    Well I appreciate your thread. Didn't know about this video. Awesome stuff.
    thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By thehexeditor
    @MrGetBonus said:
    " @thehexeditor said:
    " I regret making this thread. I really fucking do "
    Well I appreciate your thread. Didn't know about this video. Awesome stuff. "
    Thanks man. I don't feel so bad anymore.
    Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#28  Edited By Slaker117

I assume you mean "hot shit" in a good way? Always found it funny how "shit" can be a good or bad thing with very little difference in usage.

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By melcene
    @thehexeditor: People will get over the art style complaints.  They did with WoW.  And it turned out that the art style was good because it required less computer resources to run the game.  I didn't know about the video either, and it's interesting to see.  But why regret your thread?  People are entitled to be disappointed with a developer, even if they love the developer.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#30  Edited By Yummylee

That fucking video really fucking does look fucking neat. Too bad my fucking computer doesn't have a chance in fucking hell to run this without some fucking upgrades.

FUCKING

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By animateria
    @Abyssfull said:
    " That fucking video really fucking does look fucking neat. Too bad my fucking computer doesn't have a chance in fucking hell to run this with some fucking upgrades.

FUCKING

"
    Fuck, then fucking get some fucking upgrades for your fucking computer fucking Abyssfull.
    thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By thehexeditor
    @Abyssfull said:

" That fucking video really fucking does look fucking neat. Too bad my fucking computer doesn't have a chance in fucking hell to run this with some fucking upgrades.

FUCKING

"
    Ahahahaha
    I don't know why I'm using 'fucking' so much today
    I don't usually do so

I probably have Rogue Warrior on the mind.
    thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By thehexeditor
    @melcene: I just hoped people would talk more about what this means for the gameplay instead of the artstyle.
    melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By melcene

I think your problem there is that the idea of having a follower isn't new to the Diablo series.  It does look much improved upon though.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35  Edited By Evilsbane

I like how the Templar is wearing the Paladin Banana Suit from WoW.

thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By thehexeditor
    @melcene: True. I think it's interesting that you'll be able to tailor their skills to meet your needs; I can already see people configuring mercs in certain ways, ie  a crowd control enchantress, nuke enchantress, healbot templar, etc.

Yes, I realize that in D2 you could pick a  might/def/holy freeze merc, fire/ice/lightning mage, and stuff like that but this new system seems to allow for more fine-tuning and customization.
    YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By YoungFrey
    @Slaker117 said:
    "I assume you mean "hot shit" in a good way? Always found it funny how "shit" can be a good or bad thing with very little difference in usage. "

I think I most hear "hot shit" in the phrase: "he think's he's hot shit".  Not to be confused with something being "shit hot" or "hot as shit".  I love how English has the most words of any language and "shit" and "fuck" can be used to replace all of them. 
    Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Pretty cool, more customisation is always good but I don't see it as something to get really excited about.

I also have to agree with others.. I don't think the argument against the art style should just be ignored.  It's not going to ruin the game but it looks like they've ripped assets straight from WoW and it just doesn't mesh with the Diablo universe.
    thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By thehexeditor
    @WinterSnowblind said:
    " Pretty cool, more customisation is always good but I don't see it as something to get really excited about.
    I also have to agree with others.. I don't think the argument against the art style should just be ignored.  It's not going to ruin the game but it looks like they've ripped assets straight from WoW and it just doesn't mesh with the Diablo universe.
    "
    Fair enough. As someone who  has gotten over the art style debacle years ago and is more interested in the gameplay systems, I'm just tired of it is all.
    Grimluck343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Grimluck343
    @thehexeditor said:
    " @animateria: I can't wait till people see act 4  (HELL) because I have a feeling Blizzard are taking out all of their frustration over the vocal artstyle minority on it. The ground will be deformed living fetuses and there will be rivers of virgin and child blood. Mountains of skulls and body parts everywhere, etc. Also it will be so dark that you can't see where you're clicking. "
    This.
    Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#41  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Bad ass, can't wait for this game to be released, think i'll go and play some Diablo 2.

But the thing im excited most for are the cinematics, they were (for me anyway) the most awesome thing about Diablo 2 seeing Tyrael fighting with Diablo was incredible. 

fishmicmuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#42  Edited By fishmicmuffin
    @thehexeditor: I appreciate the thread as well. That video reminded me of my D2 days. So many of those enemies were just monsters from D2 but with actual 3D models. Brought back lots of good memories.
    thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By thehexeditor
    @fishmicmuffin: Yeah. Being able to blow a goatman or fallen into physics-applied pieces or making their ragdoll fly away from the screen seems absolutely amazing.
    Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#44  Edited By Evilsbane
    @Grimluck343 said:
    " @thehexeditor said:
    " @animateria: I can't wait till people see act 4  (HELL) because I have a feeling Blizzard are taking out all of their frustration over the vocal artstyle minority on it. The ground will be deformed living fetuses and there will be rivers of virgin and child blood. Mountains of skulls and body parts everywhere, etc. Also it will be so dark that you can't see where you're clicking. "
    This. "
    We can only Hope good sir's, We can only hope.
    xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45  Edited By xxNBxx

Bashiok (diablo's CM) just posted about the followers leak on the Battle.net forums saying:

“I’d recommend everyone back down from their perceptions of what they believe is true, because tomorrow, from my perspective, everyone is going to be eating crow.”

unchained

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#46  Edited By unchained

I'm so excited for this game. I'm betting this is getting released in 2011. If so, then between Diablo III and Skyrim the excitement receptors in my brain are going to overload. 

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By pweidman

From their site: 
    http://us.blizzard.com/diablo3/world/systems/followers.xml 

Sounds awesome and well thought out by the team.  Picking and customizing your follower to fit your characters gameplay sounds like too much fun. This game just continues to blow my mind.  The waiting...ggaahhhhhh.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5f90eabee6bba
    deactivated-5f90eabee6bba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey I don't care. It's still too happy looking. How about we cell shade Modern Warfare 3? Or an anime style Fallout 4? It is an absolutely reasonable complaint.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.