Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

Diablo III Website Back Up. Monk Information Available

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By PureRok

Here's a the page on the monk. It doesn't look like the media part is up yet, but all of the text is there. I'll have more to say when I've read it fully. 

Evidently they use claws like the assassin, and (quarter)staffs. There are two videos at the bottom.

http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/characters/monk.xml
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By jakob187

My brother and I nearly shit a brick when we heard this.  Don't get me wrong.  I love the barbarian/warrior/brute style classes, but monks fucking DESTROY in EVERY game they are in.

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Luke

Yeah, I was right! :D  

Anyway, it's kind of dishearting that only like maybe 6 people on all of Giant Bomb even care about this game :p  Where's all the Diablo love at? 

DerekDanahy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By DerekDanahy

I'm glad we got some more Diablo 3 news, its been a while.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By PureRok

After looking at the pictures, reading the page, and watching the videos I have to say that - unless the next class completely blows me away - this will be my character of choice.

Probably one of my favorite lines:

Staggered, the demon stumbled. The monk grabbed the demon by the neck, grinning as he pulled his free arm back, crackling energy glowing on his open hand. He shoved his palm forward, and when it struck the demon, its body exploded: muscle, skin and bones tore apart, and the smell of burning flesh filled the air.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Ineedaname

What I did like is in his trailer, the gameplay was all in game, as then in the actual gameplay trailer, it was the same gameplay from the actual game's view, however I'll hopefully be there day one with a sorc, it has to be a woman in honor of my main Diablo 2 class, that I put the most time into, at first I got bored then went a sorc, and was hooked.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By breadfan

Diablo II is still one of my favorite games of all time, I am so pumped for Diablo III

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Luke
    @PureRok: Well if Blizzard puts Achievements into Diablo III, like with World of Warcraft and StarCraft II, I'm sure there'll be a "Beat the game with all 5 Character Clsses" Achievement, for sure :p 

So, maybe this would be just your "main" unless you don't care about Achievements.  In Diablo II, I personally leveled all 7 Classes to 99 on Battle.net, so I'm sure I'll do the same on this one too... Achievements or not.  

I just hope I can get my old crew back together again to play with online with Diablo III.  It real helps to grind hardcore with friends. 
    ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#9  Edited By ArbitraryWater

The monk seems to resemble the D2 Assassin, which is good since I liked playing as that class. 

Any bets on what the next class will be? I am going to assume a replacement for the Paladin.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#10  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw
    @Luke said:
    "Yeah, I was right! :D    Anyway, it's kind of dishearting that only like maybe 6 people on all of Giant Bomb even care about this game :p  Where's all the Diablo love at?  "

Personally, it's all I can do to not totally geek the hell out every time someone even says the name of the game.  Of any game coming out or announced, this one is easily my most-anticipated. 
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#11  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @Sparky_Buzzsaw said:
    " @Luke said:
    "Yeah, I was right! :D    Anyway, it's kind of dishearting that only like maybe 6 people on all of Giant Bomb even care about this game :p  Where's all the Diablo love at?  "
    Personally, it's all I can do to not totally geek the hell out every time someone even says the name of the game.  Of any game coming out or announced, this one is easily my most-anticipated.  "
    Same for me. I think there a lot more Diablo fans here then most think, they just aren't parading that fact around because the game still seems pretty far off.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.