Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

Here Are Some Diablo III Issues You Ought to Watch Out For

Suits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By Suits

oh noes, i cant log into my SINGLE PLAYER -_-

sweetz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By sweetz

@CosmicQueso said:

@Sweep said:

In terms of a percentage, though, how many people are actually having issues? Relative to the huge number of players I bet the frequency of such issues is insignificant.

Unless it's happening to you, obviously. In which case it's the worst thing ever.

It doesn't matter if it's 0.0001% of users. The internetz will rage over nothing. Some of the comments on this are just so typical. It's a huge software launch. There will be bugs no matter how much testing happens. Blizzard will have them patched in no time. Carry on.

Bugs are one thing, but I don't think it's dipping into internet irrationality to believe that it's kind of ridiculous for a company with their experience and resources to not have enough servers to handle launch traffic - especially when they released a game that can be played single player yet has no offline mode. It's not like they've never had an online games or big release before or that they need to scrounge for the money to afford another server...

CosmicQueso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#53  Edited By CosmicQueso

@depecheload said:

@Vodun said:

@depecheload said:

Utterly pathetic and inexcusable bullshit.

How do you figure?

I'm in that ever-increasing minority that bugs should NOT be in finished games, unless they are related to unexpected/updated hardware configurations. I'm sorry, you spend years making a game and testing it, then it should work right the day it comes out, stop shipping unfinished games.

There's no excuse for it. I'm a freelance writer, if I turn in an unfinished article, my ass gets fired.

Your articles must be quite complicated, complex and run into the millions of lines if you're comparing freelance article writing to major software development.

usgrovers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By usgrovers

I really hope the reviews hammer Blizzard for these misguided decisions. Diablo III looks like a social game to me now with its real money AH and other trappings. I will not be paying $60 for an always online required LootVille.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Efesell

Unfortunate but the game is still really fun so.. kind of hard to care about a few temporary setbacks.

Avatar image for deactivated-63c9a5152a56a
    deactivated-63c9a5152a56a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@CosmicQueso said:

@depecheload said:

@Vodun said:

@depecheload said:

How do you figure?

I'm in that ever-increasing minority that bugs should NOT be in finished games, unless they are related to unexpected/updated hardware configurations. I'm sorry, you spend years making a game and testing it, then it should work right the day it comes out, stop shipping unfinished games.

There's no excuse for it. I'm a freelance writer, if I turn in an unfinished article, my ass gets fired.

Your articles must be quite complicated, complex and run into the millions of lines if you're comparing freelance article writing to major software development.

That was one of many, many examples. The bottom line is that in nearly every other industry, your shit is supposed to work when it comes out.

RIDEBIRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#57  Edited By RIDEBIRD

Error 3006 just happened for me, I jsut removed his shield since the bug was supposed to be about exchanging it, so I was gonna see if he could dual wield.

No more Diablo for me today. Weeeeeeeeeeee

Thanks blizz

Stubee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Stubee

@CosmicQueso said:

@depecheload said:

@Vodun said:

@depecheload said:

How do you figure?

Also I would assume that if a reader came across a typo in your article they are entitled to call it utterly pathetic and inexcusable bullshit.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Efesell

It is fairly unreasonable to assume that any major online product, at least one of any great complexity, is going to work perfectly for everyone right out of the gate.

You could delay it any work on it for the next year or more and you'll still put it out there and someone will find something that is the worst thing in the world and the ruination of the entire product within the opening 15 minutes.

geekbot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#60  Edited By geekbot

Kind of glad now that I have to wait a while before getting it. Hopefully all these bugs will have been ironed out by then.

subyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61  Edited By subyman

Wow, lot of hate for a few bugs. Most games ship with things that need to be patched up. I would be surprised if the launch went off without a hitch. Just take note of these issues and enjoy the game.

Avatar image for vegetable_side_dish
    Vegetable_Side_Dish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hahah. Server errors logging in to a single player game. Oh boy.

Avatar image for deactivated-63c9a5152a56a
    deactivated-63c9a5152a56a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Stubee said:

@CosmicQueso said:

@depecheload said:

@Vodun said:

@depecheload said:

How do you figure?

Also I would assume that if a reader came across a typo in your article they are entitled to call it utterly pathetic and inexcusable bullshit.

A single typo isn't an unfinished article, just like the occasional clipping issue or weird occasional glitch isn't an unfinished or broken game, something that literally breaks the game is a different matter.

smokyexe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By smokyexe

2012, one of the biggest PC developer out there...

Tell me why are we still having issues like this?

Zaxex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#65  Edited By Zaxex

Lol, I've absolutely equipped the Templar with a different shield as the Demon Hunter. I hope my game doesn't get ruined. Seems okay so far, and I totally understand problems arising with so many variables; I expect Blizzard will work on the most egregious bugs and that's fine by me.

I bought the game yesterday and the only problem I've had is about a minute or so of not being able to log in on my first try, since then It's been smooth sailing; which hugely surprised me on the launch day of a huge game.

And bugs in a game are "unacceptable"? Bullshit, games have bugs as a matter of fact.

MormonWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 21

#66  Edited By MormonWarrior

Oh dear...hope those get fixed fast.

Scottish_Sin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#67  Edited By Scottish_Sin

Damn, thanks for the heads up, Alex!

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Efesell

The only issues I've had were during the first launch HOUR and I'm fully willing to admit how stupid I was for staying up and thinking THAT would work out.

Avatar image for frenchfriedfool
    FrenchFriedFool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#69  Edited By FrenchFriedFool

This is an issue you should watch for in all life, not just Diablo III

Hef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#70  Edited By Hef

@smokyexe: Games are a little more complicated than pong and pitfall, nowadays. There will be problems.

Blizzards team is busy making the actual game, no small feat. They have a very limited team of testers. I'm sure the beta helped identify bugs, but no one was playing the full retail version. So once a million people start playing your game, it's almost guaranteed they'll find more bugs than your small team.

Silan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Silan

The last thing i did last night before i went to sleep, was play abit solo with my deamon hunter, get a follower (templar), give him a new shield and go on adventure. Didnt have any problems then, hope there isnt any issues when i get home from work tonight :S.

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
    insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FrenchFriedFool said:

That's great lol

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@Winternet said:

It's an MMO launch so no big surprises there. Oh wait . .

:)

koolaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By koolaid

As a software developer, its reactions like this that really make be jaded towards the "audience." This game is huge. Games are REALLY REALLY COMPLICATED. There are going to be bugs. This is pretty major yes, but you can bet your butt that there are devs working on it right now. Devs who have been working insane hours for the past few months or more. Devs who I guarantee you didn't go home last night so they could watch for errors like these. Yes your product has a unforeseen problem, but people are fixing it as we speak. What more could you ask for? And as much as it sounds like this bug sucks, whats the worst thing that happens. You don't get to play Diablo 3 today? Guess what, you couldn't play it yesterday either, so are you that worse off? And if they didn't spend years making it then you couldn't play it at all!

Honestly, every time I think about going indie and trying to make my own games, I just think that the internet will find someway to hate me no matter what I release. It's just better to be part of a company and let them take the heat.

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#75  Edited By emem
    @Sweep said:

In terms of a percentage, though, how many people are actually having issues? Relative to the huge number of players I bet the frequency of such issues is insignificant.

Unless it's happening to you, obviously. In which case it's the worst thing ever.

Hm well, I guess I'm one of the lucky guys then. I've been playing for 17 hours (which is crazy) with a few breaks, got disconnected once, and didn't have any bugs at all. Performance wise it could be better, but I have to say that the game is freaking amazing.

@Depth said:

Game is fun as heck and these issues are a bit silly.

Agreed. 
    Otrebor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#76  Edited By Otrebor

I have the problem of the installer being stuck at 0% with an error message "DIABLO 3 REQUIRES A NEWER OPERATING SYSTEM". This is on a fully updated Windows 7 SP1 64bit machine. Blizzard reccomends starting the game on safe mode with networking (achieved by starting your pc and pressing F8 at bootime). Other forum members state that running the installer application in Windows XP Service Pack 3 compatibility mode will fix it. Another group says that modding a registry value will let the installer work. One masochistic bastard re-installed Windows 7 to fix this problem. Ive tried them all, minus the re-install of Windows 7, and I cant get it to install. I have let the launcher install for an hour and its still stuck at nothing. This right here is what sucks about PC gaming so much.

citizenjp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By citizenjp

Blizzard trollin hard with that Error 37. I finally got in game around 4:30am. Pretty much played all night and morning lol. Aahh, life.

Sporkbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Sporkbane

High server traffic at release of one of the most anticipated games this year? Shocking

I didn't experience the Templar bug playing as wizard, but thanks for all this information alex!

dropabombonit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By dropabombonit

Some people need to chill out, you still have got Max Payne 3 to play. I can't play it or Diablo until Thursday at the earliest

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#80  Edited By Sergio

@NickyDubz said:

@Andtheworld: maybe you should bitch at the people who steal things and make this a necessity for a company to make money...

I haven't played the final version yet, but if there is no offline mode, I'm going to agree with him and say bitching at Blizzard for the online DRM is valid. People are still going to pirate this game and run them off private servers. The only people this hurts are paying customers. Considering many purchased the game as a download directly from Blizzard, you'd think they'd be able to figure something out for an offline mode. Steam is able to handle offline mode play for most games. I've only encountered one game's DLC requiring online verification.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#81  Edited By Rhaknar

so, havent been able to log in for the past hour, finally got in...

...my character is gone? huge lol? Anyone have the same problem? Just takes me to the character creation screen, no switch hero option or anything

MadMagyar92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By MadMagyar92

You know how this could've been avoided? Not buy a game out of the gate. Seriously, people who buy an online-only (well, in this case, online managed) game on day one need to realize all the problems that will occur. They'll get resolved, trust me. In the mean time, use some common sense and stop making a fuss over something most people knew was going to happen anyhow. It's not hard to wait until the weekend, or maybe the weekend after that.

kollay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By kollay

I haven't received my copy yet, but to those who have already been playing is there a feature where if you AFK too long the game eventually kicks you?

Robot_Moses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Robot_Moses

Zero problems here so far, having a blast.

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By jozzy

I enjoyed the beta but I play this game as a single player game mostly, and getting lag, not being able to log in because the server is overcrowded or getting disconnected and losing progress in a single player game is just inexcusable to me.

The game would've been a perfect diversion on my long ass flight next week as well...

Bad show blizzard.

Icecreamjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Icecreamjones

Did not buy this game because of these issues. I could care less about multiplayer so shoehorning in always-on (which even causes Lag! in a single player game!) is a pitiful attempt at DRM to me.

CosmicQueso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#87  Edited By CosmicQueso

@depecheload said:

@CosmicQueso said:

@depecheload said:

@Vodun said:

@depecheload said:

How do you figure?

That was one of many, many examples. The bottom line is that in nearly every other industry, your shit is supposed to work when it comes out.

For most people, including me, it works just fine. There are ALWAYS outliers in any manufactured product where something is defective. Cars, candy bars, diapers, software. For most users, no problem. For a small minority, problems. It ain't nothing to rage about.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Grillbar

@zeekthegeek said:

Did not buy this game because of these issues. I could care less about multiplayer so shoehorning in always-on (which even causes Lag! in a single player game!) is a pitiful attempt at DRM to me.

the multiplayer is not shoehorned in it has always been this way and its the best way to deal with it. just drop in and drop out. also the multiplayer is not always on you can play just you so if you hit esc it pauses the game. you can choose to let everyone join or join only by invite. the DRM is true though but there are games that handle it way worse like assasins creed. so not buying it because of that is a shitty reason.

if you did not like it i could understand (not really but i respect your choice) but saying that these are the reason why you did not buy it sounds all kinds of wrong to me

lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By lockwoodx

Well Blizzard, there's goes your sterling reputation. This will be the last time I take anyone seriously if they claim that Blizzard stands for quality.

Icecreamjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Icecreamjones

@Grillbar: It's not multiplayer that's always on, it's internet connection that's always on. You know, like Ubisoft DRM. But actually worse because it causes lag in singleplayer.

Bartima3us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Bartima3us

@LordCmdrStryker said:

I switched my Templar's shield immediately and had no problems, soo... yeah. Maybe Blizzard should have *gasp* delayed it.

Nice

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#92  Edited By viking_funeral

Watching all the errors that Brad & Vinny are having in the Live! Quick Look is hilarious. Especially when we saw them running around and killing things for 10 minutes before it officially started.

Sanious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Sanious

@MadMagyar92 said:

You know how this could've been avoided? Not buy a game out of the gate. Seriously, people who buy an online-only (well, in this case, online managed) game on day one need to realize all the problems that will occur. They'll get resolved, trust me. In the mean time, use some common sense and stop making a fuss over something most people knew was going to happen anyhow. It's not hard to wait until the weekend, or maybe the weekend after that.

Or maybe developers should work harder so people don't expect these things, or find a better solution for it. I understand that there are going to be a connection problem for online games, but one of the problems here is that you can't even access the SP without being connected. So you're screwed out of playing the game at all because they want to have you constantly connected to the servers.

So, I think a little bit of the rage is justified.

Sanious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Sanious

@FrenchFriedFool said:

I probably laughed a little too hard at this.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Grillbar

@zeekthegeek said:

@Grillbar: It's not multiplayer that's always on, it's internet connection that's always on. You know, like Ubisoft DRM. But actually worse because it causes lag in singleplayer.

thats what i said or atleast i think so

Kilnik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Kilnik

Kept getting the Error 37 re: servers being full. Ctrl-V'ing my password for an hour was not really what I wanted to do, considering I had to work in the morning. This online component is bullshit.

HS_Alpha_Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By HS_Alpha_Wolf

Got on after 15 minutes at 4 am eastern, and my wizard had no trouble changing the shield on the Templar follower. Game is excellent so far, and Blizzard is pretty quick with resolutions, doubt many logins will be affected after next day or so

lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By lockwoodx

You guys are forgetting the reason Blizzard rushed this out the door cutting corners left and right was to beat Torchlight 2 to market. This is how Blizzard does business now post Activision and their most loyal fans get to suffer for it. Eff that noise.

Bring on Torchlight 2!!!

Icecreamjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Icecreamjones

@Grillbar: Reread your post. And mine.

Nevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Nevi

Got home, unboxed my collector's edition, registered my key, started installation, it's been stuck at 1% for 30 minutes...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.