Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

Is anyone still having problems with online connection?

redbliss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By redbliss

I am just wondering if anyone is still having problems with connection? I was having problems last weekend so i decided to take a break for a week and hope that the problems got worked out, but i started playing again today and I am still having problems with my connection to the servers and lag. I just want to know if other people are experiencing similar problems or if it is just my connection.

Basically, when I start my game up the connection is fine. Sometimes I am lagging while I am playing and sometimes I am not. However, once I get about 10-20 minutes in i am disconnected from the servers. I just get a message that I lost connection to the server or that my connection timed out, then i am logged out of the game.

Reuben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Reuben

There is always a lot of lag when you first enter a game, after a few minutes, it goes back to normal. Also anytime after a new patch comes out, there seems to be a lot more lag than usual. You should check your ping with the game when you enter and wait it out a little.

I'm not saying the game is perfect, I think it can be way better in terms of being much more smooth but it's playable 90% of the time.

EDIT: If you are always getting disconnected, maybe send a ticket to Blizzard? I get disconnected very rarely, do some tests a speedtest.net and pingtest.net and see if your connection is okay. Also is it just Diablo 3?

TheJappernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheJappernaut

A lag spike here and there, nothing big just a couple of seconds of lag. My ping has been great lately. A couple days after launch it was about 300 average, now its more like 100-150.

moncole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By moncole

I got some lag spikes when I was in middle of fighting and it killed me. Thats why I will never do HC.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#5  Edited By StarvingGamer

The only times I get problems are when my internet is being shitty. It's never anything on Blizzard's end.

Zekhariah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Zekhariah

I would tend to guess its your internet connection (or router, or bad drivers a wifi chip maybe).

Never had issues so far in D3, as I started 3 days after release.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By TheHT

when i bought d3 i had a solid week or two (or three) of great internet when i moved my router to another spot. now it's back to being fucked up so now i'm back to playing steam games in offline mode. no d3 for me. :(

probably something on your end.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

@Zekhariah said:

I would tend to guess its your internet connection (or router, or bad drivers a wifi chip maybe).

Never had issues so far in D3, as I started 3 days after release.

I still have lag spikes. I thought maybe it was an issue with my internet connection, so I started running a few ongoing pings to various domains online in the background while I played to see if they were affected when D3 when bonkers, and they never so much as hiccuped at the same time. The issue is with the bnet servers, maybe not all of them, and maybe it depends on where you are located geographically, but for me personally, the issue is definitely not on my end based on the tests I've run.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By golguin

@redbliss said:

I am just wondering if anyone is still having problems with connection? I was having problems last weekend so i decided to take a break for a week and hope that the problems got worked out, but i started playing again today and I am still having problems with my connection to the servers and lag. I just want to know if other people are experiencing similar problems or if it is just my connection.

Basically, when I start my game up the connection is fine. Sometimes I am lagging while I am playing and sometimes I am not. However, once I get about 10-20 minutes in i am disconnected from the servers. I just get a message that I lost connection to the server or that my connection timed out, then i am logged out of the game.

I believe I have the same problem as you. Right before it happens my DH can no longer perform any attacks even though the animations still happen, but no projectiles fire. I can still move around, but the rest of the world is frozen. This lasts about 5-10 seconds and then the game tells me I died (if I'm in combat) and/or gives me your same message. It's something along the lines of I lost connection to the server and I've been disconnected.

When this happens I do not lose my internet connection. I am kicked to the main menu and I can immediately get into the AH or back into a public game. Yesterday was the first time I was in party with some dude and I got the disconnect, but remained in the party. I told the guy what happened and he didn't know what was going on.

I created a thread here a few weeks ago with a similar 3007 error issue, but I have not had that error since this new thing happened. It's like this new problem has taken over that old problem.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
    ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ShadowConqueror

Seems like I always get lag spikes at the worst times, particularly when I'm fighting champion packs.

Rotnac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Rotnac

i had bad issues with lag spikes or errors logging in when i was using wifi to play D3. as soon as i started using an ethernet cable everything has gone silky smooth.

Robo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Robo

I've been having issues off and on since 1.0.3.

For the most part it's fine, but every now and then it spikes out of nowhere or starts lagging up and bouncing me around. About once or twice every couple days it just straight up disconnects me out of nowhere.

It's pretty frustrating. Every time it happens it's like a quick reminder, "Oh yeah, that's why the always online thing and keeping this whole game server-side is fucking bullshit."

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#13  Edited By golguin
    No Caption Provided

This is what I'm talking about. Anyone get this constantly?

EDIT: And it just happened again. First pic at 5:24 AM and the next on at 5:45 AM. How am I suppose to play like this?

No Caption Provided
    Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Grillbar

i have played since release and have never gotten DC'ed, i have a lag spike once in a while but really rare and even more if i play solo

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#15  Edited By fox01313

About 1/3 of the time I try to play past the initial lag at startup I get the game where it will be jumping between 80-2000ms latency in the static towns & will start to get better only to spike hard again into the red. A few times it gets better for a while even an hour but then it will tend to tank again. After talking with my ISP & trying to get an answer from Blizz, it seems for me it's something with the connection to Blizzard servers but this issue doesn't happen with other PC online games. Now that I've gotten to level60 with one character & almost to inferno difficulty, think I'm just going to uninstall it instead. Looking at the total amount of time played & knowing that a good 1/3 of that time was just going in the game (since launch until a few days ago) running around in town or in whatever monster area was near my progress, watching the connection die or slow down enough, exit out of the game to watch there be updates from the launcher program, try a few more times in a day to have it have a stable connection 1 out of 5 times. When these connection problems happened (almost exclusively while trying to play alone) it'd take 5-10 minutes for it to try to go through a town portal, load up a character into town or realize that the connection has died & giving me the button to hit okay to go back to the main menu.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.