Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

Item slot question.

Spiritgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Spiritgod

I'm hoping I'm just missing something, but why are there level requirements for items that only have a gem slot to them? If you aren't restricted to what gem you can place in a slot then I see the level requirement pointless.

Garfield518

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Garfield518

Because the items Socketed Amulet and Socketed Ring are the two best items in the game.

Ever.

Spiritgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Spiritgod

@Garfield518: When an item as a socket and stats to go along with it then then I'd agree, but not when the item is nothing but a socket and sitting at level 50.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#4  Edited By alistercat

Arbitrary randomization.

Karolis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#5  Edited By Karolis

@Spiritgod: You're only getting drops that are the around the level of the monsters you're killing. The attributes of the items are going to reflect that, but any level item can have a socket. So if an item with only one property drops, it can be just a socket.

Spiritgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Spiritgod

@Lone_f: That's what I was assuming. I really was hoping for some hidden stats going on in the background...I know, wishful thinking. I just hate getting the same drops I was getting when my character was level 9 at level 56 is all.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Grillbar

@Spiritgod said:

I'm hoping I'm just missing something, but why are there level requirements for items that only have a gem slot to them? If you aren't restricted to what gem you can place in a slot then I see the level requirement pointless.

this has properly already been answered. but you dont get socket items before your lvl 15 and i guess its cuz you can put a gem in to a helm that gives extra exp by % and not just extra by +x

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Quipido

The only difference it makes when you salvage the item - it will give mats according to it's level.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Tennmuerti

@Spiritgod said:

@Lone_f: That's what I was assuming. I really was hoping for some hidden stats going on in the background...I know, wishful thinking. I just hate getting the same drops I was getting when my character was level 9 at level 56 is all.

Well technically there are some hidden stats going on in the background.

You can notice your armor change a bit when equipping a high level ring compared to a low level ring.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.