Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

It's been 6 weeks now. Do you still play, do you still enjoy it?

• 155 results
    beepmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#151  Edited By beepmachine

I haven't stopped, but I can feel it getting close. Honestly, this game is barely even a game. It's just an endless grind machine. There's no big payoff coming. There's no feeling of surprise that something fantastic is going to drop like there was in Diablo II. The drop rate is so abysmal that you are basically forced to blow your gold in the auction house to get through hell and inferno. The story is like a tween melodrama, only interesting enough to keep you vaguely invested through normal difficulty. How many of you just mash the space bar through the awful in-game cut scenes after your first play through? I sure as hell do. Other than trying the classes I haven't played, I don't see the point in playing anymore.

Robo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By Robo

@dennisthemennis said:

Other than trying the classes I haven't played, I don't see the point in playing anymore.

That's the only thing keeping me playing. This feeling that I can't fully quit until I've seen what at least most of the classes have to offer.

Even with the recent changes, I agree, the whole gear treadmill thing slows a bit too much in Hell and early Inferno.

As a result, as your gear falls behind and you feel weaker and weaker you have to resort to cheap tactics and get pigeonholed into specific builds just to fight the often vastly overpowered enemies you face. Up until you hit a wall where your options are grind earlier areas for weeks with a tiny chance of finding a worthwhile upgrade or two just to progress or hit the AH/spend some cash.

No, we shouldn't be tripping over the best gear in the game 24-7, but it shouldn't feel the way it does now either.

Once that treadmill starts to slow there really isn't much else going for the game. Certainly not interesting or challenging enemy or level design. It's the laziest enemy design I've seen in a game in recent memory. Instead of some sort of intelligence, enemies are just given more affixes, health, and damage on top of their normal programming of "spam abilities, hit mans"...regardless of how cheap or at times unbeatable they become. As far as levels, it's all the same shit over and over again. Sue it's randomly generated...but even that gets old when its the same tile sets over and over.

Put it all together and shit just ain't fun, man. I'm not looking for some mindlessly easy nonsense, but I'm also not grinding for months just to get by like this is some MMO or paying to win.

BionicRadd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#153  Edited By BionicRadd

Finally killed normal Diablo, this week, on my monk. Still like clickin on shit.

dillonwerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#154  Edited By dillonwerner

I tried playing today but couldn't get into it. There seems to be no point to farming since PvP isn't out yet

Marbozir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#155  Edited By Marbozir

Still playing, but less regularly, partially because I was a bit burned out with the class I was playing almost exclusively until recently (WD). I'm still playing (finished leveling Wizard recently), but definitely get less enjoyment out of the game than I did in the first 2-3 weeks after release.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.