Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

locked out of diablo 3 - can't change password

S1DDHARTHA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By S1DDHARTHA

I tried logging into my Diablo 3 account yesterday - was informed account locked - suspicious activity- I was asked to verify my acount - former password now invalid I answered my verification question, was told email being sent sent to recover account & there would be a link to change password - this is the link https://us.battle.net/account/support/password-reset.html All this does is takes me back to the same screen where input my account name, first & last name, again answer my verification question & "the letter jumble" I can't send Battle.net a ticket b/c my password doesn't work, nor can I ask in the forums for the same reason. I phoned the toll free # atomated message states they can't help with this issue, & refered me back to the website. This is really fucked....suggestions????

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Cataphract1014

post a screenshot of the password reset email

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Marz

yeah you probably got scammed by a fake e-mail...

Avatar image for deactivated-5f39c75856922
    deactivated-5f39c75856922

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For everyone reading this, if you get an e-mail asking for username and password from anywhere,

DON'T EVER ENTER YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By EXTomar

Just from the description your machine let alone your battle.net account maybe compromised. Do you use the same password for email, b.net, and your system?

S1DDHARTHA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By S1DDHARTHA

It didn't start with an email - I know better than replying to those...It was when I actually tried to log on to battlenet... However...very sheepishly.....Battle net had sent another email that went directly to my junkmail (Thanks Microsoft!) & this is where the link was. All is good now - I hope...am @ work & can't check definitely until I get home @ 01:00. Thanks to all who replied Alan

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By EXTomar

Battle.net will automatically lock the account if it sees iffy behavior. That usually is something along the lines of "N login in State, US for months, yesterday M logins from Taiwan". Regardless of what happens with your Battle.net account you should assume any other account especially the email you use for Battle.net maybe compromised especially if you use the same password. I would immediately change it.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#8  Edited By sjschmidt93

I suppose you were just hacked then. Maybe a keylog or something. Get an authenticator.

hemmelight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By hemmelight

Seriously, authenticators are a must-have. If you have an iPhone or an Android you can use Blizzard's authenticator app for free.

diablomasterOO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By diablomasterOO

I think you are a victim of email scamming..their will always be people that can't do right.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.