Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

My Disappointment with Blizzard and Diablo III

CJduke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

Edited By CJduke

With the new patch now being out for a few days I feel like I really need to address my issues with what Blizzard has done with Diablo III. I still will always love my first play through of the game and I feel like the combat is very fun and satisfying, but overall I think Diablo III has been my biggest gaming disappointment in a very long time.

Forget all the issues with the launch and the server problems, I understand launching a game of this size is very difficult and things never go as planned. My problem with the game is that Blizzard seems to have lost sight of what making a game like Diablo is all about and instead has been focused on creating a game that revolves around the buying and selling of items. Yes, Diablo is all about trading gold and items to get the best weapons and armor you can get for your character, but Blizzard seems to be pushing it so that is the ONLY way to get those items.

Drop rates for items are extremely low and the difficulty of the game is still pretty high. Now that they have increased the gold repair to a ridiculously high amount, it feels even scarier to try and progress in inferno because dying means a huge chunk of gold lost which eventually leads to you only grinding gold on lower level characters just to meet your repair costs. Since the likelihood of you actually getting a drop that is something your character needs and is actually quite good, the risk reward of dying while fighting elites for the drops is always risky and barely ever rewarding. Blizzards solution to all these problems is for you to go to the auction house and use real money to buy items and/or gold to progress. This seems extremely unfair, particularly because this game is first and foremost a single player game. I feel like in a single player game, a player should be able to progress by themselves without such extreme difficulties and then have the solution of "hey you are having trouble?" toss down $50 and you can have some awesome gear right away without any work!" being the answer to it. It makes it feel like I am playing a "pay-to-win" or free-to-play business model game that I also paid $60 for already.

Now maybe a lot of people will read this and think I'm just whining and want the game to be easy, which is not true. I enjoy a good challenge, but I also want to do other things in my life as well as play other games while still being able to enjoy Diablo. I do not find it fun that all Diablo is is a grind for gold, on top of running into highly difficult elite mobs where the only way to win is by kiting them around for 10 minutes, or resetting your game because the elites ability combination is too difficult. Everything about this game just makes me feel like Blizzard is trying to get their 15% for every item sold, and they want to make the game as difficult and grindy as possible to force people like me who don't have all the time in the world to farm to buy items.

Another problem I have is with all the "nerfing" of the stats, abilities and gear. Yes, it is important to make sure everything works properly and nothing is game breaking, but this game is not an esports game. The pvp isn't even out yet. Why can't some stats be a bit overpowered? The game is just about having fun and evaporating hordes of monsters, I'm not competing for some MLG Diablo best player tournament or something. Just let the game be the game, once again, its a single player game! This also leads me to question why it took them 5 (4?) weeks to patch in a buff icon for magic weapon. That should be a standard thing in the game when it launched!

Personally I would love it if the difficulty was lowered even more and I could beat inferno as long as I have reasonably good gear. To me this would make the game more fun because all the abilities and different combinations would actually be viable (which is what Blizzard promised) and I would get to go around beating the shit out of everything and have fun watching my gear and gold pile up, while swapping in all my abilities for fun. This would actually make me play the game more, but maybe (probably) I am the minority in that view point. I was just expecting more to this game than there is, and after playing Torchlight again, I realize nearly all the concepts and game mechanics in Diablo III are very unoriginal in the first place. Now instead of spending my summer having a blast with Diablo, I just find myself waiting for Torchlight II to come out. It will be nice to be able to play offline, have mod support, and not have a real money auction house dictating the "balance" of the entire game.

Honestly, I am just ranting because I am disappointed in what Diablo III is. The real money auction house is hurting the game in my opinion because it is basically adapting a free-to-play game model onto a $60 game. After my love of World of Warcraft and Starcraft 2, maybe I just let my expectations of what this game was going to be get too high.

CJduke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By CJduke

With the new patch now being out for a few days I feel like I really need to address my issues with what Blizzard has done with Diablo III. I still will always love my first play through of the game and I feel like the combat is very fun and satisfying, but overall I think Diablo III has been my biggest gaming disappointment in a very long time.

Forget all the issues with the launch and the server problems, I understand launching a game of this size is very difficult and things never go as planned. My problem with the game is that Blizzard seems to have lost sight of what making a game like Diablo is all about and instead has been focused on creating a game that revolves around the buying and selling of items. Yes, Diablo is all about trading gold and items to get the best weapons and armor you can get for your character, but Blizzard seems to be pushing it so that is the ONLY way to get those items.

Drop rates for items are extremely low and the difficulty of the game is still pretty high. Now that they have increased the gold repair to a ridiculously high amount, it feels even scarier to try and progress in inferno because dying means a huge chunk of gold lost which eventually leads to you only grinding gold on lower level characters just to meet your repair costs. Since the likelihood of you actually getting a drop that is something your character needs and is actually quite good, the risk reward of dying while fighting elites for the drops is always risky and barely ever rewarding. Blizzards solution to all these problems is for you to go to the auction house and use real money to buy items and/or gold to progress. This seems extremely unfair, particularly because this game is first and foremost a single player game. I feel like in a single player game, a player should be able to progress by themselves without such extreme difficulties and then have the solution of "hey you are having trouble?" toss down $50 and you can have some awesome gear right away without any work!" being the answer to it. It makes it feel like I am playing a "pay-to-win" or free-to-play business model game that I also paid $60 for already.

Now maybe a lot of people will read this and think I'm just whining and want the game to be easy, which is not true. I enjoy a good challenge, but I also want to do other things in my life as well as play other games while still being able to enjoy Diablo. I do not find it fun that all Diablo is is a grind for gold, on top of running into highly difficult elite mobs where the only way to win is by kiting them around for 10 minutes, or resetting your game because the elites ability combination is too difficult. Everything about this game just makes me feel like Blizzard is trying to get their 15% for every item sold, and they want to make the game as difficult and grindy as possible to force people like me who don't have all the time in the world to farm to buy items.

Another problem I have is with all the "nerfing" of the stats, abilities and gear. Yes, it is important to make sure everything works properly and nothing is game breaking, but this game is not an esports game. The pvp isn't even out yet. Why can't some stats be a bit overpowered? The game is just about having fun and evaporating hordes of monsters, I'm not competing for some MLG Diablo best player tournament or something. Just let the game be the game, once again, its a single player game! This also leads me to question why it took them 5 (4?) weeks to patch in a buff icon for magic weapon. That should be a standard thing in the game when it launched!

Personally I would love it if the difficulty was lowered even more and I could beat inferno as long as I have reasonably good gear. To me this would make the game more fun because all the abilities and different combinations would actually be viable (which is what Blizzard promised) and I would get to go around beating the shit out of everything and have fun watching my gear and gold pile up, while swapping in all my abilities for fun. This would actually make me play the game more, but maybe (probably) I am the minority in that view point. I was just expecting more to this game than there is, and after playing Torchlight again, I realize nearly all the concepts and game mechanics in Diablo III are very unoriginal in the first place. Now instead of spending my summer having a blast with Diablo, I just find myself waiting for Torchlight II to come out. It will be nice to be able to play offline, have mod support, and not have a real money auction house dictating the "balance" of the entire game.

Honestly, I am just ranting because I am disappointed in what Diablo III is. The real money auction house is hurting the game in my opinion because it is basically adapting a free-to-play game model onto a $60 game. After my love of World of Warcraft and Starcraft 2, maybe I just let my expectations of what this game was going to be get too high.

uhtaree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By uhtaree

It's a well reasoned post. I too am concerned with the can of worms Blizzard opened up with RMAH, my days as a customer of theirs may be drawing to a close. They rely on several beloved franchises from the 90's as their bread and butter, one of which I love in Warcraft, and seem to go down darker and darker roads each installment or expansion, whichever the case may be, in an attempt to nickel and dime the player. Blizzard also has had a habit lately of patching out fun, then telling you why you weren't having fun before and how are gonna like the way they want you to play now. No sir I don't like it.

CJduke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By CJduke

@braveortega said:

It's a well reasoned post. I too am concerned with the can of worms Blizzard opened up with RMAH, my days as a customer of theirs may be drawing to a close. They rely on several beloved franchises from the 90's as their bread and butter, one of which I love in Warcraft, and seem to go down darker and darker roads each installment or expansion, whichever the case may be, in an attempt to nickel and dime the player. Blizzard also has had a habit lately of patching out fun, then telling you why you weren't having fun before and how are gonna like the way they want you to play now. No sir I don't like it.

Yeah, I quit WoW at the end of Burning Crusade when I saw all the changes they were making with the Lich King expansion. The Starcraft team seems to be the only part of Blizzard I can trust anymore to make an awesome game since they are putting in practically everything I could want into the new expansion. Though, I feel the reason Blizzard hasn't gotten all nickel and dimey with Starcraft is because of the huge esports community and all the money it brings in from tournaments and sponsors.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Doctorchimp

As someone who was looking in from the outside it always looked like people were just ragging on Blizzard for not re-releasing Diablo 2. But everything I saw looked like a more polished Diablo 2 using today's tech. I was goddamn excited to jump in. It kickstarted building my PC. I couldn't wait to finish up my PC and the first thing to do was to download Diablo 3 next weekend.

But all of this shit has looked really suspect. I know Blizzard generally has a pretty liberal philosophy with updates, and I'm sure we'll see another update in a week if not 2, but what direction are they going to go this time? People always seemed a little ridiculous complaining about inferno and how you HAD to farm to get good gear to progress. I was always under the impression that's what you played Diablo for. At least that's how I remember Diablo 2 being. That's kind of what I was looking forward to. Turn the game for like 30 min to 1 hour and see what happens, log out, go about your day. But from my understanding they're punishing you for farming? They're looking for ways to obstruct the sort of key thing about this game in an installment that was so much about streamlining.

I mean all you have to do is level a character, everyone has the same access to the same character. It's all about what skills you like and the gear you have. So why would they put such huge penalties in regards to farming? That's such an apparent marker that they want you to spend an even bigger time sink or...buckle to buy some stuff off the Auction House.

Also by the way if you're looking to get in on the digital version Diablo 3 it might take up to 3 days for you to get off the starter pack.

I'll wait and see, maybe the next patch is totally different, maybe things shake out after all. But right now those people I thought were just being regular forum whiners totally called it. It's a skip now, I don't know if I'll even buy it now.

CJduke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CJduke

@Doctorchimp: Honestly if you want to just get it to beat the game a few times with a couple different classes the game is really fun, the first play through is pretty great and you actually have a good chance of getting good drops. This new patch has made it so all items of level 53 and up take increased gold to repair. People have been saying on the Blizzard forums that breaking 1 pot costs anywhere from 50-70 gold in repairs. Just from breaking an object in the game that you are supposed to break! I myself died 4 times and had to pay 15,000 gold to repair. Just from 4 deaths. So if you are just looking to beat the game up to inferno, or just try out all the classes and beat the story a few times I would still recommend the game, but if you were looking forward to getting into inferno and having fun getting loot and progressing, thats not really what this game is about, unless you have the time and the desire to play it for 3-6 hours a day. Or unless you have money to buy the best gear on the auction house, though that defeats the whole purpose of the game in the first place.

Tokoname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Tokoname

@CJduke said:

This seems extremely unfair, particularly because this game is first and foremost a single player game.

I think this is where the problem lies. Blizzard has specifically designed this game with multiplayer as the focus, and they have said as much. If anything, this is more a multiplayer game with a singleplayer component. Thus, most of their decisions and actions are in service to their online-only, RMAH-run ecology.

I find myself in the same boat as you, really. I enjoy Diablo as a primarily singleplayer experience, so this definitely isn't the Diablo for me (and the reason I didn't buy it).

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By MooseyMcMan

It's sad to say, but it's looking more like these type of tactics are going to be even more integral to the gaming business model in the future. EA said recently (today?) that they want micro-transactions in all games (or at least all the game they make).

I feel like (and I know this will never happen) every time someone buys something in the real money auction house, his/her credit score should go down, because that is how irresponsible people spend money. Or maybe not. That'd be silly.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheHumanDove

When they start limiting the customer's playtime due to online cheating, when they're forced to be online, I call it fucking quits.

Demokk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Demokk

While I agree that the repair costs change was a bit... radical (they should have done that in beta), I don't really understand the reasoning behind of why it destroyed the fun. Apparently they did it to stop glass cannons from exploiting and clearing inferno that fast. In my opinion, Inferno is supposed to be an insane difficulty, not something you can clear in less than a couple of weeks after the game is released.

I agree with you that you shouldn't take durability hits from your own attacks or from anything at all if you didn't die. Supposedly they are fixing that according to Lylirra on the forums.

Having to die 4-5 times just to kill an elite pack isn't really fun for me (it's really frustrating having to wait those 30 seconds after you died a lot). The new drop rates allow me to farm previous acts while still having that motivation of seeing items drop.

I just started Inferno a few days ago, so probably I'm just speaking out without really witnessing the scale of the changes properly.

All in all, I think Blizzard is doing it to keep people farming and playing longer, rather than just getting done with Inferno and moving onto other games.

OT: Regarding WoW, what made you dislike it after WotLK? I've been playing since vanilla and I am still enjoying it very much. The only thing that I dislike of the recent changes is the trivialization of most of the gear. That you can just buy current tier gear that easily. Bah, maybe I'm just a fanboy.

Avatar image for warlockengineermoredakka
    WarlockEngineerMoreDakka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

@CJduke said:

The real money auction house is hurting the game in my opinion because it is basically adapting a free-to-play game model onto a $60 game.

Looking from the outside- this is exactly the problem consumers are running into. Blizzard's trying to make Diablo 3 into some sort of imposing Frankenstein of business models. As far as I can tell, it's almost as if Diablo 3 isn't an actual product to Blizzard- it's an experiment.

They've seen the Free-to-play model and how popular it is. They want to see how far they can push it in combination with the standard retail model.

Rattle618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Rattle618

Im not the first to say this but I´ll say it anyways: Inferno is not supposed to be easy, you should not be able to just breeze through it as you do with the rest of the game.

The auction house is there as a shortcut for the people that are not willing to put the time and effort.

Do not get me wrong, real money transactions on a retail product are disgusting IMO, but you can skip all that stuff (just be prepared to be stuck farming for a long time).

CJduke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CJduke

@Demokk: I stopped liking WoW after BC because I felt like they were slowly moving towards making the game "easy". In vanilla and BC raiding was difficult, you needed a huge guild with a lot of focused and smart players and the fights took a lot of planning and strategy and when you downed a boss it was the most rewarding thing in the world. I personally didn't like the changes they put into lich king with 10 man raids and what not. Now all I hear is you can pug raids in Cataclysm no problem and I don't like the sound of that. I'm not saying WoW is a bad game, I just feel it used to be hardcore and now they have softened it up. I understand why they have done that, but its not for me anymore.

@Rattle618: I know its not supposed to be easy and like I wrote, I enjoy a good challenge, but I just feel like they have gone overboard with the difficulty to the point where its not fun anymore. Combined with the new repair cost increase it all just seems like they are forcing players who don't want to spend 6 hours or more a day grinding to have to buy gear in order to beat the game on inferno, which I think kinda sucks and which is what has lead me to compare it to being a free-to-play game. Either you spend hours upon hours grinding stuff over and over again (and hey you may STILL not get anything good) or you just skip all that and buy your gear with real money (which is a silly thing to do, because whats the point of the game then?)

usgrovers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By usgrovers

@Rattle618 said:

Im not the first to say this but I´ll say it anyways: Inferno is not supposed to be easy, you should not be able to just breeze through it as you do with the rest of the game.

The auction house is there as a shortcut for the people that are not willing to put the time and effort.

Do not get me wrong, real money transactions on a retail product are disgusting IMO, but you can skip all that stuff (just be prepared to be stuck farming for a long time).

I agree to a point. However, when Blizzard tunes difficulty to require a certain level of gear, and then tunes the drop rate to require excessive grinding; that's the strategy that social games use to frustrate players into investing real money. With the RMAH, I doubt the top items will ever make it to the gold AH due to the temptation to make some cash, so all they have to do is tune it in a way that makes grinding ineffecient, pushing players into the AH, but the best gear isn't in the gold AH, so more players will spend real $ and Blizzard will get their cut.

ichthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ichthy

I think the free-to-play is an easy comparison to make, but not an entirely fair one. Even if you don't drop a cent into the RMAH, you still get a complete game experience. You have three difficulty levels to go through with all the classes, and can spend upwards of 60 hours before even reaching Inferno. That's more content that most $60 games. Inferno is a difficulty meant for those crazy enough to put enough time and effort to grind, and the AH/RMAH is there if you want to bypass that. This is not Farmville or some MMO that caps your progression or restricts your access to areas unless you pay.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By laserbolts

@ichthy said:

I think the free-to-play is an easy comparison to make, but not an entirely fair one. Even if you don't drop a cent into the RMAH, you still get a complete game experience. You have three difficulty levels to go through with all the classes, and can spend upwards of 60 hours before even reaching Inferno. That's more content that most $60 games. Inferno is a difficulty meant for those crazy enough to put enough time and effort to grind, and the AH/RMAH is there if you want to bypass that. This is not Farmville or some MMO that caps your progression or restricts your access to areas unless you pay.

This is exactly how I feel about the whole thing. Sure I think the RMAH and the way that blizzard is tuning the game in hopes of people using it is rotten but I can't say I didn't get my money's worth out of this. Comparing it to a free to play game is unfair because free to play games deny content regardless of how much grinding you are willing to do.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9d6ad3bef93
    deactivated-5d9d6ad3bef93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Rattle618 said:

The issue that seems to be the most aggravating is that Blizzard is actively pushing people towards the RMAH. I almost exclusively play solo, and never intended to use the AH, but with the drop rates of higher level items being nerfed so significantly, (12% less chance for iLvl 63 items I believe) and the increasingly prohibitive repair costs that come with farming, I've found myself between a rock and a hard place. A single-player ARPG should not be balanced like an MMO, and the RMAH introduces the fear of ulterior motives with every balance patch.

usgrovers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By usgrovers

@ichthy said:

I think there needs to be a distinction between F2P and Microtransaction-based retail games. It's true that Diablo III is a great value for $60, but when microtransactions are introduced as a revenue model, it necessitates game design that will motivate players to invest in microtransactions. My main concern isn't getting $60 worth of content, it's what this means for the future of the industry (EA's comments the other day magnify this controversy, imo) I don't relish the idea of thinking I purchased a complete product and then having a subpar play experience unless I invest more money. D3 is really the first full retail game to experiment with this model, but I think it's not going to be the only game, and that future is not appealing to me.

usgrovers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By usgrovers

@Fungiefips said:

@Rattle618 said:

The issue that seems to be the most aggravating is that Blizzard is actively pushing people towards the RMAH. I almost exclusively play solo, and never intended to use the AH, but with the drop rates of higher level items being nerfed so significantly, (12% less chance for iLvl 63 items I believe) and the increasingly prohibitive repair costs that come with farming, I've found myself between a rock and a hard place. A single-player ARPG should not be balanced like an MMO, and the RMAH introduces the fear of ulterior motives with every balance patch.

MMOs have "better" balance, imo. If I want specific gear in WoW, I know what boss drops it in what dungeon, so I know it's a matter of a few kills before I get geared. With random and rare drop rates in D3, the AH is really the only reliable way to gear up, and the RMAH will all but guarantee that the "best" gear won't be sold for in game gold, because the temptation to make some cash will be to great if you get that legendary drop.

stinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By stinky

@usgrovers said:

ing I purchased a complete product and then having a subpar play experience unless I invest more money. D3 is really the first full retail game to experiment with this model, but I think it's not going to be the only game, and that future is not appealing to me.

i can feel it becoming the new MMO subscription, hiding subscription fees in loot and blaming the player for greed. increase repair costs and offer to sell gold on the AH to alleviate farming.

sometimes you just want to spend $60 and get a complete no hassle game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9d6ad3bef93
    deactivated-5d9d6ad3bef93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@usgrovers said:

@Fungiefips said:

@Rattle618 said:

MMOs have "better" balance, imo. If I want specific gear in WoW, I know what boss drops it in what dungeon, so I know it's a matter of a few kills before I get geared. With random and rare drop rates in D3, the AH is really the only reliable way to gear up, and the RMAH will all but guarantee that the "best" gear won't be sold for in game gold, because the temptation to make some cash will be to great if you get that legendary drop.

Agreed. To further clarify what I mean by comparing the philosophies of balancing an ARPG to an MMO, is that in an MMO, classes and specs other than my own have an impact on my own game experience. Disregarding the obvious need to balance around PvP, in an MMO situation, if I'm playing a dps class that offers no special utility outside of damage, and my numbers are significantly lower than other classes, there is no reason for me to be included in a raid or so forth. With this latest patch, Blizzard nerfed a stat that affects certain classes far more than others, in an attempt to level the playing field, and slow down progression through a difficulty level that Blizzard admitted they barely tested. Why is that? Why would the fact that my DH and WD friends were able to farm slightly easier than me on my Barb, cause Blizzard to reduce their potential, instead of either buffing mine, or leave well enough alone. Again, it seems like a blatant push towards having more and more people decide to purchase their way past roadblocks.

Khadyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Khadyn

Drop rates for items are extremely low: No lie about this bullshit..I've been zerging thru Nightmare on my monk (yeah, Nightmare should have been Normal mode in my opinion) and just killed Azmodan. Ok, here's the bullshit part...I have NOT gotten one single rare drop from any previous mini boss or boss yet. All of my rare drops have been mostly in the Terminus areas (3 dungeons before Zolton Kulle boss fight) and the two areas in Arreat Crater (before Cydaea and before Azmodan). Don't get me wrong, I'm sure some people will say it happened to them also but, I feel when you KILL a freakin boss you should be rewarded some form of rare item whether it's 1 or 2. To have some shitty blues and some whites drop is honestly a slap in the face considering Normal mode dropped at least 2 rares per boss when I did that...just sad...

CJduke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By CJduke

@Khadyn: Yeah, bosses do not drop yellows after normal unless you have magic. They did this to stop people from farming bosses.

@ichthy said:

Like I said in my post, I loved my first playthrough of the game and definitely "got my money's worth." The problem for me is I feel like, since it is a single player game, I should be able to progress through it without constant hassles and issues. Yes inferno is supposed to be hard, but the difficulty can be completely unfair, and the drop rates are already unfair enough. And as I said before, Diablo is not an esports game, or a game that takes thought and planning or practice or even skill. Its all based on gear, so the difficulties they put in front of you can be impossible to overcome sometimes if you are not getting good drops. Why do I want to spend 15 minutes trying to kill an elite, die 5 times, which now costs me a ton of gold, to get a bunch of crappy items? The issue for me is that Blizzard is sacrificing the fun of Diablo so they can make easy money. While it is true Diablo isn't a free to play game completely, when developers place micro transactions into games they do it because they want to make money, they don't do it to better the experience. Therefore, any game that adopts this style that Diablo has, will have certain difficulties or added grinding to them to try to force the player to make more purchases. Basically, micro transactions are going to have a huge effect on the way games are made in the future and its definitely not in a good way.

CJduke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By CJduke

@Demokk: Yeah, I quit WoW at the end of Burning Crusade when I saw all the changes they were making with the Lich King expansion. The Starcraft team seems to be the only part of Blizzard I can trust anymore to make an awesome game since they are putting in practically everything I could want into the new expansion. Though, I feel the reason Blizzard hasn't gotten all nickel and dimey with Starcraft is because of the huge esports community and all the money it brings in from tournaments and sponsors.

GuyIncognito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By GuyIncognito

Diablo 3: A game all about loot...where all the loot sucks. I made a level 60 monk and level 60 DH and got to Inferno Act 4. I uninstalled the game after being tired of all the junk loot and being continually forced to use the AH to improve the characters or try different "builds" (which are just item swaps).

Toxeia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Toxeia

So Diablo 2 had dreamy drop rates and you never had to do any Mephisto or Baal runs, right? Oh wait...

CJduke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By CJduke

@Toxeia said:

So Diablo 2 had dreamy drop rates and you never had to do any Mephisto or Baal runs, right? Oh wait...

I never played Diablo II so I don't particularly care what that game was like compared to this one at all and "boss runs" have nothing to do with my problems with the game

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.