Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

Patch support confirmed for PS4 Diablo III + question

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/08/07/diablo-iii-on-ps4-new-ultimate-evil-edition-details/#comments

One more cool piece of news for PS4 players: the next-gen console architecture makes it much easier for us to offer ongoing patch support for the PS4 version of the Ultimate Evil Edition. This means that as we continue to patch the game on PC, we’ll now be able to roll out related patch content, as appropriate, on PS4 as well. It’ll take some additional time beyond the PC patch rollout, but we’ll get them to you as quickly as possible.

Great news. On another note, I do have a question about the digital pre-order bonus:

For those who pre-purchase the game digitally on the PlayStation Store, you’ll also pick up a set of helm and weapon transmog recipes, a Spectral Hound minion, and three additional character slots.

That spectral hound minion sounds pretty cool, but what about the character slots? I've only played the demo on the Xbox 360 so far, so I don't understand that part. What are character slots, and what do they allow me to do?

groin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By groin

Greetings Doctor SpaceInsomniac, each character you create occupies a character slot. People that pre-order can make 15 characters instead 12 characters for non-preorders.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@groin said:

Greetings Doctor SpaceInsomniac, each character you create occupies a character slot. People that pre-order can make 15 characters instead 12 characters for non-preorders.

Ah. That makes sense, but seeing as the game doesn't have anywhere near that many classes--six, if I'm remembering correctly--does the game somehow offer an incentive to making more? Beyond perhaps male and female versions of each class, why would someone ever want more than that?

groin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By groin

@spaceinsomniac: Male vs female and softcore vs hardcore characters. You can also use them as mules.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.