Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

PC vs. Console

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

After playing Torchlight 2 and loving it I'm ready to play another Diablo style game. So what better Diablo game to play than Diablo 3. My question is whether to get the PC version or the PS4 version. I've seen here and there that some people prefer the direct control given to you buy the console version over the PC version among some things so I'm wondering from people who've played both which version I should get.

Before someone makes these comments my PC can run Diablo just fine on ultra and I know the PS4 version isn't out yet that's why I said console version.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Corevi

I prefer clicking on stuff until it dies instead of having to roll around and be tactical.

Content wise the PS4 version does have more but just barely (Last of Us dungeon and SotC transmog)

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I prefer the pc version. I played the 360 version to 1000gs and the duping in public games was game breaking. Freezes were fairly common too on 360. Maybe the much more powerful consoles will handle the game better; wouldn't surprise me. If you just wanna play with friends on PS4 it should be fine, but public will get messy I'd guess.

Blizz recently claimed updates would eventually hit console but they surely didn't on last gen consoles. Also, 2.1 isn't far away w/ladders and a ton of other changes, and the question would be when will the new consoles get it. Bottom line is D3 is super fun w/friends and loot is better in mp in general, so go by that maybe. I doubt I'll go try another console version, but that may be mostly due to too much D3 for me overall. I'd play Torchlight 2 on console for sure but those guys don't seem to have any console ambitions even after the great success Torchlight had on 360.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Unless Blizzard changed a bunch from the 360 version, the console versions are way easier and loot drops at an insanely increased rate compared to the PC version. On console the elites have fewer affixes, status effects like stun and freeze don't last as long, and there is more notice when an enemy AOE attack is coming in to give you more time to dodge.

There's also clans and chat to consider, which I'm not sure how would work on the PS4 because of the lack of a keyboard. Part of the fun of D3 for me was being in the Giant Bomb clan and always having a bunch of people to chat with, plus being able to join all of the different communities available for different classes and things like that to compare notes with other people and get help when you needed it. All of that will be missing from the new console versions.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By kindgineer

I think it comes down to whether you want to play on the couch with a controller or the PC with M+KB. I haven't been able to give the X360/PS3 versions a shot, and I've been playing a lot of PC. I feel a lot better that I didn't have to buy the game twice to get Reaper of Souls on the consoles, either.

Other than that, I can't imagine any real difference between the two. Just know that if the PC gets a huge update for whatever reason, I don't think the consoles will.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.