Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

So, anyone still playing this?.

• 59 results
    MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm on PC, think in GBEU clan. My battlenet tag is JesusPhish#2784

ObiKwiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#53  Edited By ObiKwiet

@theht: It's fucking awesome dude. I jumped like five or six GR levels melting down 3 items that were just taking up space anyway. Seems like such a nightmare to test for though, so many combinations of gear.

@corvak: They have definitely added a few more tiers of difficulty with higher "payouts". The question is whether people will be satisfied with them. I have a feeling that people will be complaining almost immediately about how Blizzard didn't add enough torment levels. With the "Cube", T10 is the new T6.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By MezZa

@obikwiet:I doubt we will see as many complaints. Having been on the test servers, t10 does not feel like t6 currently. Unless you're one of those people with top tier ancient gear who can solo GR60's, T10 feels like a perfectly fine farming mode. The issue with T6 was that it was too easy and the rewards were minimal compared to GR 30 and up. With T10's higher drop rate, it feels perfectly fine where its at now. It's possible to speed run it for a day of rift farming and bounties, but you also won't be hitting it on the first day of seasons like you could with T6. Anyone who wants to actually push their gear limit will stay in GR's like always especially now that trials are gone. That's never going to change because the GR system is the pushing mode of the game. Torment is only there to be farmed, and T6 was laughable as a farming mode. That is the point of adding the extra levels.

@corvak said:

@obikwiet: @fredchuckdave: I don't think it'll ever be 'harder' just higher tiers for higher gear, extending the amount of time you can play and keep upgrading.

Eventually you do hit a gear ceiling. If you make it to GR60+ you will not be able to get by with just gear alone. You've got to fish rifts for the best possible layout and play whatever build you run with skill. The game definitely does eventually get hard beyond the point of gearing since GR's are designed to increase in difficulty exponentially without a cap whereas available gear does have a cap. Eventually the only way to improve yourself is through paragon farming for main stat.

ObiKwiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#55  Edited By ObiKwiet

@mentaldisruption: Fair enough. To be clear, I am fine with it. T10 is kind of the sweet spot for me right now. I just figured when I (GR40 before cube, GR45+ after) could almost immediately jump into T10, that the people running GR60+ would be all upset.

Who am I kidding, they will be upset regardless.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By MezZa

@obikwiet: Pretty much. :D As long as the battle.net forums exist for them to be upset in together, they will find something to be upset about. From the way it sounds they're still yelling at each other about class balance and don't particularly have much to say about T10 yet. Everyone hates barbs and dh's, crusaders feel neglected, wizards feel shafted, wd's are trying to figure out how to be relevant, monks are enjoying their time in the spotlight for once while trying to dodge the nerf hammer. Same ol' story for those guys.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#57  Edited By mike

Yeah, I figured that was going to happen. My girlfriend and I already farm T6 with our eyes closed, and I've already got a couple of combinations in mind for the Cube once it goes live that if they work, it will make me stupidly overpowered. She has some ideas for her DH, too.

I bet we're going to have T10 on farm within a few hours of the patch hitting. Which is fine, that's what Torment is there for.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
    hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I own it and was thinking of starting to play it, does that count? My PSN is TheNewBlack if anyone wants to add me.

Twiggy199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.