Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

Starter edition Question

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I decided to pull the trigger on the PC version after seeing it on sale for $20. Well due to Amazon's incompetence, (they guaranteed delivery on Sunday and now it's supposed to come tomorrow), I don't have my game. I really want to play when I get home and after doing some searching I learned of the starter edition. (Or maybe just glorified demo). For anyone who's played it, is it the full game client? Can I just punch in the code that comes on the disc and just keep going without any hiccups?

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Jesus_Phish

You should be able to just punch in the code and it'll upgrade. They say on their site that verification may take up to 72 hours, but I'd be surprised if that was the case. The version you have is probably the full thing, just it has you restricted in terms of level progress. Diablo 3 like most Blizzard games can be played while it is updating so I'd imagine even if it's not the full thing, then you'll have enough to keep going until the client updates all the way.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks. It was the full game and once I punched in the code it automatically upgraded. When I get home the full version should be ready to go.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

If you don't have Reaper of Souls you should get that. It adds a lot more content and makes the game worth playing past just the story.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will. I just want to play a bit before I commit more to the game but if it's as good as Torchlight 2 I'll probably end up getting the expansion before I finish act 3.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.