Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

Still loving it..

tahnit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By tahnit

I dont understand those saying that they are tired of it already. I have never played a game repeatedly over and over through the same content like this and never got bored. It is still fun through the whole game over and over.

In fact I may be slightly addicted...

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MrKlorox

Wow you still like it after two whole weeks?

tahnit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By tahnit

I am just saying that ive never beaten a game this many times in a row and not gotten bored.

StrikeALight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By StrikeALight

I'd imagine some people have already managed to sink hundereds of hours into D3 already, but 2 weeks is still short change. I agree about it being fun, though.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mandude

Could you spare some of your excess enjoyment please? I'm warming up to it now, but I'm not quite there.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By myke_tuna

I haven't played in 5 days. I played it since release up until Tuesday of this week, though. I'd say 50-60 hours? I really like the game, but as soon as I reached that Hell difficulty wall, I kind of realized my gear wasn't really up to snuff. Level-wise, I think I'm fine (Level 55 Barb), but I was still using equipment with comparatively low level requirements. Also, I had been playing my Barb kind of weird (No Whirlwind, Ignore Pain, Berserker, etc), but I was secretly hoping the "any build should work" stuff the developers were saying turned out to be true. It kind of isn't as you get higher (my main crew is constantly telling me to start using a different build), but that upcoming patch seems to try and change that and I kind of hope it does. I really like using skills like Cleave, Weapon Throw, and Earthquake and confounding other Barbs (No Whirlwind? WTF?). It's a shame since it worked well up until recently.

During E3 week, I'll probably dig back into the game between press conferences. I'm not surprised that people aren't getting tired of the game yet (minor problems like mine aside). I remember playing Diablo 2 for years and years.

ChickenPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ChickenPants

They've nailed the actual gameplay side of things. It's leaps and bounds ahead of D2 and any other ARPG. However, they really dropped the ball on itemisation, which has effectively made things extremely boring after only a couple of weeks.

They also butchered the story. I know most people don't care about it and that's cool but the Diablo series always had a really cool story for those who wanted it.

The itemisation will get better with patches but sadly I think Blizzard's pride will get in the way of them ever changing the story.

PixelPrinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By PixelPrinny

@Tahnit said:

I dont understand those saying that they are tired of it already.

So basically you don't understand people with different tastes than you? Alright, well let me explain. Y'see, human beings have this thing we like to call "Free Will" and it allows them to (in theory) make choices on their own. These things can range from what they're gonna do when they wake up, to what sort of food, music, and games they enjoy. For example, one may decide they've had enough of a certain game at some point, like Diablo 3, while another could decide they want more.

I realize it's a crazy concept and the first reaction most have when trying to wrap their head around it is to start a forum thread, but if you think long and hard about it, you will eventually come to understand that not everyone thinks like you do.

freakin9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By freakin9

You gone get sued by McDonalds.

Slither_Maggot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 16

#10  Edited By Slither_Maggot

@Chicken_Pants: I thought the story was pretty cool. They tied in characters as well as story aspects from both existing titles and even put some new twists on them.

coaxmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By coaxmetal

it's ok. I'm still enjoying playing it. The writing and also the va is fucking terrible though, I haven't played it with the sound on or read any of the writing for a while now, so bad.

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Binman88

I'm still enjoying it just after reaching level 60 with my first character. Would probably be enjoying it a lot more if I didn't have to slog through three quarters of that time with little or no challenge.

M_Shini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By M_Shini

I've had a copy on my pc since launch waiting for my other friends to pick it up before i get into it, I've never touched a diablo game, will this story come together for me or get me lost?

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#14  Edited By StarvingGamer

@M_Shini: There isn't much story in the franchise to begin with, but the significance will be lost on you when a handful of characters show up and say, "Hey yo, it's me!"

That said, I basically skipped every dialogue and cut-scene except for the big-budget cinematics and still had no problems following the story start to finish.

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By emem
    @M_Shini: It's nice to know what happened in Diablo 1&2 (you can just google it), but I don't think you need to know what happened to understand the story of the third part.  

And if you want to really follow/experience the story line (it's not the best thing in the world, but still...) you should make sure that none of your friends skip any of the cutscenes or dialogues, because it's being skipped for everyone. You can actually skip every single dialogue NPCs have by pressing space, which is quite nice in your third and fourth playthrough. :)
    buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By buft

@myketuna said:

I haven't played in 5 days. I played it since release up until Tuesday of this week, though. I'd say 50-60 hours? I really like the game, but as soon as I reached that Hell difficulty wall, I kind of realized my gear wasn't really up to snuff. Level-wise, I think I'm fine (Level 55 Barb), but I was still using equipment with comparatively low level requirements. Also, I had been playing my Barb kind of weird (No Whirlwind, Ignore Pain, Berserker, etc), but I was secretly hoping the "any build should work" stuff the developers were saying turned out to be true. It kind of isn't as you get higher (my main crew is constantly telling me to start using a different build), but that upcoming patch seems to try and change that and I kind of hope it does. I really like using skills like Cleave, Weapon Throw, and Earthquake and confounding other Barbs (No Whirlwind? WTF?). It's a shame since it worked well up until recently.

During E3 week, I'll probably dig back into the game between press conferences. I'm not surprised that people aren't getting tired of the game yet (minor problems like mine aside). I remember playing Diablo 2 for years and years.

I dont use whirlwind and i just killed butcher in inferno, i used a really weird rend and leap build up to hell, didn't have any of the 120 sec abilities, worked pretty well. I find weapon throw to be super usefull against those mobs that run away, before i discovered weapon throw i was ready to tear my hair out.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b531a34b946c
    deactivated-5b531a34b946c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I made the mistake of powering through Normal and Nightmare for ulterior motives, and many of the encounters in Nightmare left a bad taste in my mouth that made me never want to play Hell. So I tried Hell anyway, had my worries justified, and will probably never play the game again. It's a shame since it's such a fantastic game.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hunkulese
    @Tahnit

I am just saying that ive never beaten a game this many times in a row and not gotten bored.

Diablo is an MMO-lite. You can never beat it.
    Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Hunkulese
    @M_Shini

I've had a copy on my pc since launch waiting for my other friends to pick it up before i get into it, I've never touched a diablo game, will this story come together for me or get me lost?

I can sum up all you need to know. Diablo 1: town is threatened by demons. Fight through 16 levels and make Diablo explode. Your dude takes the stone containing his soul and jams it into his head. Game over.

Diablo 2: your dude from the first game slowly walks east to free his brothers. He succeeds morphs into big D and goes to hell. You follow him, make him explode, smash the stone and wait for the expansion.

Expansion: stuff happens, nobody really cares, you murder diablo's brother and the glowy dude throws a sword at the world stone, again no one really cares.

Diablo games have nice looking cutscenes but the story is little more than some shit is going down so you best go kill things. The only thing you need to ask yourself is do you like loot. If you love it Diablo is the crack you've been yearning for. If you could care less about loot you'll probably get bored before you even finish nightmare.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.