Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

What are the chances I can run this game?

konradbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By konradbm

Alright folks,

I'll keep this short and sweet. Loved Diablo and Diablo 2 but I haven't bought 3 yet as I'm not convinced the laptop I current have can run it. I've checked the minimum requirements but being fairly bad with the hardware side of computers I'm not sure if what they're asking for is better than what I have (processor in particular). I'll post my specs below and I'd be massively grateful if someone could let me know whether there's any chance I can get it to run (even on low settings, I'm happy to make that compromise).

SPECS:

Model: Aspire 5739G

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.20ghz

Memory: 4 GB

Graphics: GeForce GT 240M (2760 memory)

Not sure what else you might need but if I've missed something let me know.

Many thanks to anyone who can help.

Dev.

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Lunar_Aura

yeah youll be fine

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By Undeadpool

Blizzard makes games very intentionally that almost any modern computer can run. Just about everything you've got there is equivalent or better to what I've got and I run it with almost all the highest settings (windowed with other things going in the background).

So yeah, go man, go!

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#5  Edited By fox01313

If nothing else go look on the forum thread about the guest passes & see if you can get one. That would be a great way to find out if it runs without cost as they don't seem to have a demo of it.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By monetarydread

You can run it

konradbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By konradbm

Aw man, you guys have no idea how happy you've made me!

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go kill some shit.

Good day sirs!

Stete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Stete

PROTIP: Besides dropping all the settings to low in game as well as the low FX checkbox, go to the NVIDIA control panel>3D Settings>Manage 3D Settings>Program Settings. Add the Diablo III exe and set Texture Filter Quality to High Performance. That gave a decent performance boost when I installed it on my girlfriend's laptop which is not that different from yours.

Also I would highly recommend getting an external cooler for your laptop. Just to be on the safe side.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By GunslingerPanda

@Devilb0y: You should be fine with that setup.

So since nobody replied in the other thread...

Because I'm banned from making new topics due to kind-of-being-a-dick, I'll have to hijack this thread. I think I'm having a few texture issues with the game, but maybe I'm just expecting more prettiness than Diablo's going to give me, so I'm asking you if this is normal.

Here is a picture of my options screen to show what I have, ignore the taskbar unless you want to troll me for being a Blizzard fanboy:

No Caption Provided

And here are the images in game (Please ignore my shitty gear):

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

So, am I being fussy or am I having some weird issues with the textures? I didn't want to ask on the Blizzard forums since that place is a fucking cesspool and I'd just be accused of trolling.

Avatar image for captaintightpants
    CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

@GunslingerPanda: I don't have that great of a video card, and I set it down to 720p just to see if that would cause it but no. That is definitely not how the textures should look. Diablo 3 is by no means a pretty game but it does have more detail than that.

GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By GunslingerPanda

@CaptainTightPants: Yeah, I figured as much. Thanks for replying, time to wade through the shit of the Bnet forums :(

konradbm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By konradbm

@Stete said:

PROTIP: Besides dropping all the settings to low in game as well as the low FX checkbox, go to the NVIDIA control panel>3D Settings>Manage 3D Settings>Program Settings. Add the Diablo III exe and set Texture Filter Quality to High Performance. That gave a decent performance boost when I installed it on my girlfriend's laptop which is not that different from yours.

Also I would highly recommend getting an external cooler for your laptop. Just to be on the safe side.

I've actually been considering this as my laptop has a tendancy to overheat. Any recommendations on where to start with a cooler? Not really aware of the market as such.

Is it worth adjusting the NVIDIA settings for anything else? I assume by doing that I'm just diverting memory on the graphics card specifically towards the Diablo 3 process, so would it be worth doing that whenever I want to play a game?

Cheers for the advice.

: Go ahead, more or less done here.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By mosdl

@GunslingerPanda: How much vram does your graphics card have? Seems you might be getting some low res textures there.

Stete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By Stete

@Devilb0y said:

@Stete said:

I've actually been considering this as my laptop has a tendancy to overheat. Any recommendations on where to start with a cooler? Not really aware of the market as such.

Is it worth adjusting the NVIDIA settings for anything else? I assume by doing that I'm just diverting memory on the graphics card specifically towards the Diablo 3 process, so would it be worth doing that whenever I want to play a game?

Cheers for the advice.

: Go ahead, more or less done here.

Well, any laptop cooling stand would do, the more powerful the fans and the more fans it has the better, even though it would be much noisier. Here's a good one http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=6671 Really like this one since you can place the fans wherever you want and therefore you can place one directly under the GPU.

As for other settings in there, the rest you can pretty much change in game such as anti aliasing and so forth. If a power management option is there, then you should set it to maximum performance.

GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By GunslingerPanda

@mosdl said:

@GunslingerPanda: How much vram does your graphics card have? Seems you might be getting some low res textures there.

Not sure where I'd look for that, but googling my graphics card says 2GB. It's a Radeon HD 5500. It runs Metro 2033 on max settings, so I can't really see it struggling with Diablo.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ravenlight

@GunslingerPanda said:

Not sure where I'd look for that, but googling my graphics card says 2GB. It's a Radeon HD 5500. It runs Metro 2033 on max settings, so I can't really see it struggling with Diablo.

Make sure you've got the latest drivers for your card. I recall some AMD cards had specific driver hotfixes when D3 rolled out. Make sure the game is 100% installed, too. You can hit Play on the launcher after it's like 40% installed but that can lead to some issues.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.