Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Digimon World

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released May 23, 2000

Digimon world is a game that allows a player to raise their own Digimon and teach it to battle.

Has anyone here played this game?

SlayingShogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SlayingShogun

I sure did and I'm actually playing it right now its a really great game if your into the whole raising a monster thing.

Balls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Balls

What does digimon stand for?

Gary_Jinfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Gary_Jinfield

Digital Monsters.

I did play this game a great deal many years ago, although the various passive elements can likely serve as a barrier for most players.

It works as a monster raising simulation though. I also enjoyed the ability to recruit various monsters and slowly expand the city.

thomas10soa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By thomas10soa

you know what i hated about this game, my digimon always evolved into that poo thing, it was so annoying

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By Snail

I guess I did, it was kind of annoying though.

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Otacon

I did, I always spent all my money at that disappearing card shop. It wasn't bad actually.

Johnny5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Johnny5

I loved Digimon world, but yeah it was annoying when you lost to the stupid creatures in the wild.

Lemegeton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Lemegeton

the digimon franchise is so suited to games , yet 90% of digimon games have been total ASS.
    shame really

Kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By Kyle

Yeah, this was pretty much the only game that did Digimon any kind of justice. Pretty much all the other games were just lame traditional JRPGs or pokemon ripoffs.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Snail
    Snail said:
    "I guess I did, it was kind of annoying though."
    It was? I was just gonna post I didn't quite remember because I played it like, years ago. Awesome, I surprised myself. Woah.
    Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Black_Rose

HELL YEAH! i played the Digimon World games from 1-4 and the fighting spin off Rumble Arena. Loved them all, much better than Pokemon in my opinion.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Snail
    Black_Rose said:
    "HELL YEAH! i played the Digimon World games from 1-4 and the fighting spin off Rumble Arena. Loved them all, much better than Pokemon in my opinion."
    Do you mean the TV series as well?
    tec3297

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13  Edited By tec3297
    Black_Rose said:
    "HELL YEAH! i played the Digimon World games from 1-4 and the fighting spin off Rumble Arena. Loved them all, much better than Pokemon in my opinion."
    I wouldn't go that far, but I did play the original game, and the Digimon Ds game and they are good solid games.
    Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By Black_Rose
    Snail said:
    "Black_Rose said:
    Do you mean the TV series as well?"
    Yes, Digimon > Pokemon in every way.
    albedos_shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#15  Edited By albedos_shadow
    Black_Rose said:
    "Snail said:
    "Black_Rose said:
    Do you mean the TV series as well?"
    Yes, Digimon > Pokemon in every way."
    Seconded.
    teptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By teptom

I had the strategy guide and everything. It was a fun game back in the day. 

AspiringAndy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By AspiringAndy

I loved that game :)
    But, when I was younger, I always thought that Pokemon was better.

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Bulldog19892
    thomas10soa said:
    "you know what i hated about this game, my digimon always evolved into that poo thing, it was so annoying"
    Exactly. No matter what I did the bastards always turned into those useless, disgusting, slime-balls that just fuckin' pooped everywhere. Why did they even put that in the game?
    akubar45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19  Edited By akubar45
    Bulldog19892 said:
    "thomas10soa said:
    "you know what i hated about this game, my digimon always evolved into that poo thing, it was so annoying"
    Exactly. No matter what I did the bastards always turned into those useless, disgusting, slime-balls that just fuckin' pooped everywhere. Why did they even put that in the game?"
    Not me. I would buy portable toilet's in bulk. I'd never let my stupid dinosaur poop anywhere >:{
    In the end, he would follow the natural cycle of evolution and go from a small 4 foot dinosaur to a 16 foot tall beetle who shots lightning out of it's ass. Darwinism at it's best :D
    Aska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Aska

I played this a lot when I was younger.  I didn't really understand the majority of what to do, but I loved every minute of it.

Ahh... nostalgia.

GnaTSoL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By GnaTSoL

Digimon World was at the time one of the weirdest games ever for me. It wasn't strange but with all the different things involved with raising your digimon well, it was a unique experience.

Thing I hated a lot about this game was that the digimons you raised never lasted too long. I remember getting great digimons I wanted in the evolution chain, but after becoming a champion-level digimon they don't have much time left until they pass away and you have to raise another digimon all over again. It gets annoying and boring after going through the same cycle so many times.

Another thing I hated the game for was the difficulty in getting your digimon to digivolve into a ultimate. I remember only managing to get Metalgreymon and even when I did, I think it lasted only an extra 2-3 days until it died and gave me a new digi-egg. :(

The pooping thing was very memorable for me though. Really funny how the digimon would get if you made them hold it for too long. When exploring with no remaining portable potties, you're just setting yourself up for doom. They give no warning. They will absolutely ruin your day.
    I remember making a mad dash back to the entrance to this new jungle area I went into, looking for the potty that was stationed there. I got lost while in the jungle and once I got out, just a few feet away from the potty, the digimon gives up. He poops the biggest pile of fudge ever while seemingly staring straight towards the potty and then gets pissed at me. WHAT!? Cause the son-of-a gun eats sooo much I never have enough money for portable potties!

Anyways, I like the digimon World series dispite all I said above..... well, at least the first three and the cool card game. ;)

PS: I LOVED THE MUSIC in the Digimon World series. *Remembers Gear Savanna theme* :D

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By Shadow

I still have that entire game map memorized.  The only thing I absolutely hated about the game is that the Digimon had such short lifespans.  I once spent a Mamemon's entire lifespan training in the place next to the starting area..  I also maxed out the game clock at 99 hours in Digimon World 2 when I was only halfway done with the storyline

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.