Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Digital Combat Simulator: A-10C Warthog

Game » consists of 0 releases. Released Feb 21, 2011

The second release in the DCS series of simulations.

Some helpful links

dyram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By dyram

As anyone who has played or seen this game knows, it's intense, and dense as all hell. Seeing the forum and wiki page mostly empty here, I figured I'd leave a little something here to help those starting off. 

Firstly, do the training. Even if the mission breaks and you are unable to complete them (as is known to happen occasionally), hopefully you'll at least get through enough to familiarize yourself with the placement of controls. Now, these tutorial missions are thick, and you very likely will not remember all of the information given to you, so I'd suggest going over missions twice if you're having troubles. 

Now, then, outside of the training missions, which do a good job for what they are but are also limited and suffer from our own information retention troubles, I would suggest finding a start-up checklist that you like to assist in learning those procedures. There are also various other documents out there that you can find that will assist in learning, and in actually using the plane. If you have any specific information gaps, don't forget about the 671 page flight manual. Here are my suggestions (you will need a PDF viewer): 

Flight Manual
    Start-up Procedure (and other useful info)
    Default Keybindings 
    YouTube

Remember that practice makes perfect. Expect to fail often and repeatedly at the beginning, but that's just a part of the learning process. If you have anymore specific questions or need some help, the people on the official DCS forums are very kind and always willing to help, and occasionally you'll even find a training server online in the multiplayer component. Now, get out there and blow some shit up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.