Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Direct2Drive

Concept »

Digital distribution method for PC games. Direct2Drive is maintained and owned by Gamefly Digital Inc.

woah, great customer support

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By JoelTGM

So I bought Shift 2 Unleashed a day or two ago from Direct2Drive, because it wasn't on Steam, and today right after I use the cd key and install the game I find out it IS on Steam now.  I contacted Direct2Drive customer support, and I told them about how I wanted it on Steam and it was a mistake, and I explained that I used my cd key already.  30 minutes later I get a couple emails, one is paypal telling me I have been refunded, and the other is the customer support telling me very nicely I was refunded and for future reference how to add non-steam games to the Steam library (although that still isn't the same as actually owning it on Steam).  I can't believe they did that, and I'm not sure how that was even possible either because I read if the cd key was used they aren't supposed to refund it.  I don't know how they did that or if it's a normal thing, but they are pretty awesome to do that for me.  Anyway, just figured it was my obligation to share my experience.  A good place to buy your games if you don't want to be required to keep a program running constantly (like Steam, or the EA download manager), you just download a zip file, and play.

clarke0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By clarke0

That's impressive, especially considering you cited not wanting the game because you wanted it from a competing service. I might consider buying from them sometime.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By demontium

Steam >

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.